Bushnell Pro X2 Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great review Dan. This is one I have followed along with and it looks like the device did not disappoint over the course of testing. I've never used Jolt but that feature and Pinseeker sound like they work perfectly together. I have a ProM1 that is starting to go out and this is what I'll be targeting to replace it with. The price tag is definitely a bit steep so it will take awhile for that to happen though.

Excellent review Dan

Even though I have my GPS watch, I am considering a rangefinder as an alternative option to give me that bit more information around hazards etc that my watch doesn't have, and to give me more accurate distances as my game starts to improve more and I want to be getting closer to pins

I really enjoyed this review and this is a product that i really could see myself owning if i didnt have the Tour X already. Everything i would change about the tour x seems to have changed with the Pro X2 and thats exciting.

Great review. Looking forward to upgrading when my current one eventually dies.

• Admin
I really enjoyed this review and this is a product that i really could see myself owning if i didnt have the Tour X already. Everything i would change about the tour x seems to have changed with the Pro X2 and thats exciting.

Its why I made the switch. They literally checked off all of the boxes on this one.

Its why I made the switch. They literally checked off all of the boxes on this one.

And they made all of the feature changes so easy to make too. Flipping switches compared to removing face plates designed not to fall off is a huge plus to me. Im always worried im going to break the red face plate when i put it on and take it off

• Admin
And they made all of the feature changes so easy to make too. Flipping switches compared to removing face plates designed not to fall off is a huge plus to me. Im always worried im going to break the red face plate when i put it on and take it off

The red faceplate means you cheat, right? I cant remember. I kid of course, just thinking back to some other threads.
I like the switch a lot though.

The red faceplate means you cheat, right? I cant remember. I kid of course, just thinking back to some other threads.

You caught me. You can take away my tour card now

Does this unit play some sort of fanfare when you switch between slope/non-slope mode? Putting a switch on the side makes it a bit less obvious when you are switching modes :alien:

You take the red plate off? I just leave it on all the time haha

That being said this is a solid upgrade and has everything one would want in a rangefinder.

You take the red plate off? I just leave it on all the time haha

That being said this is a solid upgrade and has everything one would want in a rangefinder.

I heard a click and thought i broke it the last time i pulled it off but thankfully i didnt so now i just leave it on in fear

Legit question from someone who's never even looked through a rangefinder, as I've always just used my GPS watch or app on the phone. Do you see a discernible difference in the yardages provided by app's to those given by a range finder? I'm assuming it's going to be more accurate, but is there any data stating the app's are XX% off?

Legit question from someone who's never even looked through a rangefinder, as I've always just used my GPS watch or app on the phone. Do you see a discernible difference in the yardages provided by app's to those given by a range finder? I'm assuming it's going to be more accurate, but is there any data stating the app's are XX% off?

I too have never looked through a rangefinder, but from having played a round with a friend of mine who uses one I found the distances he was getting to the pin were within the numbers I was seeing on my watch (Garmin S4)

Obviously my watch was only giving me the F/M/B numbers and he was getting the pin, but every time he got the distance to the pin it fell between the 2 corresponding numbers on my watch

How accurate other watches are, I couldn't say

I really like the products they're putting out, great features! I've got the V4 Shift, just wondering what the difference is between the two?

One day I will bite the bullet and buy of these. One question I have for some of you who have used one for several release cycles and upgraded. The difference in new models measurably different to justify the price tag? From say a v3 to this model for instance.

I've seen apps claims accuracy within a certain number of yards, and adversely, I've seen rangefinders say the same thing. During testing I could hit a pin and get two numbers (for all I know the change in yardage could be the flag waving in the wind), but also confidence that my measurement is going to be more accurate than a satellite populating my location.

At the end of the day, it's whatever you feel most confident with. We're in an age where accuracy is hardly the concern anymore.

One day I will bite the bullet and buy of these. One question I have for some of you who have used one for several release cycles and upgraded. The difference in new models measurably different to justify the price tag? From say a v3 to this model for instance.

If you want honest feedback, go read my thoughts on the V4. It's a bit different from others (who suggested I reset it) but this model is miles ahead of pretty much any rangefinder I've used in the past. Lightning fast and accurate readings, changing display, flipping to slope... Not massive but weighty enough to show value.

It's as complete of a package as I've ever seen.

Really solid review Dan. Just when I think I'm ready to buy a Rangefinder, a newer one comes out with just a little better features. I could really see the X2 actually being the one.

Great review, Dan! I need to find more golfing buddies who actually buy these toys so I can check them out on course! :D

Back