Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

In this last final stretch for the participants, I have a couple questions, for the competitors: What is the one thing you are focusing on in this last month of prep?

Secondly, Captains: What do you want your players to keep top of mind?

chipping and short irons. Been spending a ton of time the last months on my biggest weaknesses and have seen a ton of improvement with Driver, long irons, and even now hitting fairways wood reliably off the turf...but i've noticed my lack of focus on my "strengths" have not been as sharp as they were, and I think that's going to be critical for scoring.

In this last final stretch for the participants, I have a couple questions, for the competitors: What is the one thing you are focusing on in this last month of prep?

Trying to keep the game fun but still improve my ball striking.

I have heard from many in the past they got burned out from the grind and once the event was over kind of worn out of golf. I have tried really hard through this entire process to not allow that to happen. So far so good and I am getting excited to go out and practice. I have built a weekly routine and stick to that. On exercise days I am wishing it was practice day ha.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Trying to keep the game fun but still improve my ball striking.

I have heard from many in the past they got burned out from the grind and once the event was over kind of worn out of golf. I have tried really hard through this entire process to not allow that to happen. So far so good and I am getting excited to go out and practice. I have built a weekly routine and stick to that. On exercise days I am wishing it was practice day ha.

Yep. It definitely feels like work sometimes. When it does, I take a few days off.

I can't call it the last month of prep, but from July 1 to the Legacy, my focus will be on 'playing my game.' I'm not going to make drastic swing changes, changes to a chip shot, try to learn a punch fade, or whatever. I'm going to play my game, know my misses, play to my strengths, and minimize my weaknesses. That doesn't mean there won't be practice, particularly short game practice. There just won't be any changes to the swing. It's all about getting comfortable with what I have in those few weeks.

~Rock

For me in this last month its all about 150 and in. 50% of my time practicing will be chipping/pitching/bunkers/putting and the other 50% will be wedge play.

I'm going to play another local Tour event or two as well in addition to as many rounds as I can squeeze in playing my ball down all the way.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Short game and fitness. I know my misses and my game has started to turn the corner and become more consistant. I can overcome my misses with a great short game. We will all have bad shots out there, whoever recovers the best will be tough to beat.

Short game and fitness. I know my misses and my game has started to turn the corner and become more consistant. I can overcome my misses with a great short game. We will all have bad shots out there, whoever recovers the best will be tough to beat.

Great short game eh? Let's hope it's not needed on Saturday haha

Honestly I'm really looking forward to sharing a round with you. Lots to talk about for Legacy and can't wait to see how the game is.

Great short game eh? Let's hope it's not needed on Saturday haha

Honestly I'm really looking forward to sharing a round with you. Lots to talk about for Legacy and can't wait to see how the game is.

driver, hybrid and putt or driver hybrid chip and putt will be what you get from him sat and will be the same in legacy. if his short games is just decent he will be tough just because he doesn't mishit the ball that much.

driver, hybrid and putt or driver hybrid chip and putt will be what you get from him sat and will be the same in legacy. if his short games is just decent he will be tough just because he doesn't mishit the ball that much.

excellent news for both Sat and for #TeamHeritage

Now the pressure is on to live up to all of this hype...Im just an internet golfer

The last month will be hectic I'm sure. But my focus is short game, and playing more than range time. Live round scenarios, with emphasis on scoring. I'll be looking to get some alt shot and match play reps in as well. Mentally I need to be in those situations.

Last weekend playing 54 holes was educational, I'm sure between now and then I'll be spending my weekends playing rounds and my weeknights working on whatever needs work. Right now that's 50yds in--being able to attack a pin from wherever my approach shot lands.

Hey Icey,

A few things. My full swing is what it is at this point. I've spent months working on technique through lessons and practice. These last few weeks I am working on consistency with full swing. Which really boils down to tempo. Its amazing how much better I hit the ball when my swing is properly sequenced. Less sideways movement, more consistent center face contact and more distance. So I will be taking lots of reps with ingraining the swing so it becomes second nature. Tempo, tempo, tempo. For instance today I only had 45 minutes in my hitting bay (with the skytrak monitor). I played a little game where, starting from LW, work up to the next club ONLY after hitting 5 straight good shots (good being within 10 yards of center line, and at least X distance, where X = 95 for LW, up to 205 for 5 iron). In my 45 minutes I got through 8 iron this way. My goal is to be able to get through all my irons in 30 minutes by Legacy.

Secondly, I'm continuing to work on the big dog. My goal is to come away from Legacy without a single penalty stroke off the par 4s and 5s. I know that's an aggressive goal. But I think its achievable. I would love to not have to have a sideways recovery shot as well. Again, lofty goal but I'm working on control with the driver.

Next, I really want to nail down the partial wedge shots. Under 100 yards is going to be a focus. I want to be confident on 30 to 100 yard shots from the fairway and rough and even the waste bunkers when the time comes.

I will also continue to work on chipping and pitching but honestly the Bermuda rough is so different than what we have that I plan for several hours of that practice once I get down there Wednesday that week as well.

And last but not least, putting. Particularly distance control. No three putts!!!

I guess this sounds like a lot to work on. But really, it could be boiled down to tempo for full swings and touch for under 100 yards. Both areas will get a ton of reps these next 6 weeks.

Very similar goals for me Icey, I have done the most work on my short game and I plan to continue that. The other thing is just get out and play, I imagine I had one of the later starts to the season out of the participants and I just need on course reps to get comfortable working my way around the course. I would love to throw in some competitive rounds as well.

About to walk into an all day meeting but don't want you to think I am blowing you off. Will respond later.
Finally home and able to answer this. I have been telling these guys since day 1 about 3 things. 1) Short game 2) Fitness 3) Accountability Nothing is going to change from my perspective in the last month. All 3 of those things are huge and things that's I feel my guys are taking seriously.

With Legacy getting closer and closer and this being the final stretch, I know there are some things that I need to focus on. For starters, I continue to get my body golf ready for the event. That include a great emphasizes on my stamina and flexibility. Gym time has been crucial and I know how much the humidity can take its tole on the human body. The Saturday 36 is going to be a great test for this.

I want to make sure that my short game and putting are polished. Im not going to hit every green at MB, i know this. I want to give myself the best opportunity to scramble. Im trying to squeeze an hour every few days at the range but just at the short game area.

I am trying to just keep my swing consistent so I can have a solid idea of what will happen. On top of that I am focusing on chipping and putting. My chipping is the best it has ever been but it has never been good. Putting I am focusing on 5' and in putts. I normally do well with lag putts but struggle on closer putts that I feel should be easier.

Here's an accountability question for everybody--what's your plan to make sure your handicap is as accurate as possible by July 1?

I posted 3 scores last weekend. I'll be playing as many rounds as I can on the weekends, ideally getting in 54 holes a weekend between now and the Legacy and posting them all.

Here's an accountability question for everybody--what's your plan to make sure your handicap is as accurate as possible by July 1?

I posted 3 scores last weekend. I'll be playing as many rounds as I can on the weekends, ideally getting in 54 holes a weekend between now and the Legacy and posting them all.

depending on when the cut off it, I should be posting at least 1 official round a week between now and then. Does everyone have official handicaps at this point?

I have posted a ton of rounds. My handicap should be extremely accurate. In fact, at Love is in the Air, I was a 10.5 and played to a 10.3. I have to say I am somewhat concerned that it might be a bit low when we get to MB, if only because I have to take a couple weeks off and could be rusty.

When I play make sure to putt everything out. As for getting in rounds I will play when the wife gives me permission to play. 54 holes a weekend and I would be divorced. If I can get 18 a week something special is happening.

depending on when the cut off it, I should be posting at least 1 official round a week between now and then. Does everyone have official handicaps at this point?

I know everyone on my side has official handicaps now. Cutoff will be 7/1

Last edited:

I have about 10 scores from this spring to put into the USGA site to get it where it should be as accurate as possible. I will probably get that done this week, and then should be posting at least 5 more rounds before July hits. It will be an accurate representative of my golf game, good or bad.

I did get some work in yesterday to get ready for the humidity and heat. The weather was 89 with high humidity and I painted a small apartment that had no AC. So I keep the windows closed and no fans. It was close to 100 in that apartment and I was soaking wet. Painted for 4.5 hours and went through 64oz of water. I figured that should help the body get use to the heat. And at worst it taught me that I function very well, when high on paint fumes. :dazed::dazed:

Posting the scores that I shoot and taking penalties correctly . I play enough that it should be an accurate representation of my game

Back