Steelfiber shaft build...Wedge question.

96p993

Reaction score
Handicap
[FONT=&quot]I am building a set of irons with Steelfiber i110 shafts in stiff [/FONT]softstepped[FONT=&quot] once...I am also doing 3 wedges with i125 shafts in them but not sure if I should go with regular or stiff since [/FONT]Im[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]softstepping[FONT=&quot] my iron shafts. Just thought I would get some opinions on this.[/FONT]

According to steelfiber web site the i125 are pretty much for wedges and only come in stiff or extra stiff.

I have i110 in my irons and I 125 in my wedges, cant tell any difference in flex etc, just heavier which I prefer in my wedges for more feel

When I tried SF I used the 95s in stiff straight in. I then took 125s for my wedges and soft stepped them twice. This gave me the weight I was looking for but also the softer feel in my wedges. Unless you are a beast, the 125s are considerably stiff. The great thing about Steelfibers and the company is you can call them on the phone and talk to Steve directly with your questions. He will set you straight on what you need.

Back