Need Help Choosing the right ball

Chanceb23

Reaction score
Handicap
I have never given ball choice much thought as an impact to my game mostly because in high school and college my schools were sponsored by Titleist so i hit what I they gave us for that event. Now that I have been out of school and playing ob my own I cannot find a ball I enjoy hitting. The only ball I have found I can hit far and straight are Nike Mojo and Srixon QStar. I'll list the balls I've hit and what I've noticed with them.

Long but inaccurate:
Nike RZN Red
Titleist Pro V 1
Callaway Warbird
Callaway Super hot

Accuarte with less distance
Taylormade Rocket ball
Nike RZB Black
Titleist NXT Tour
Bridgestone e6

My favorite balls to hit that I feel complements my short game and I can hit straight but I feel like I give up a lot of dstance with my both drives and irons are Nike RZN White and Srixon QStar. Any suggestion on a ball I should try or a previous ball I should go back to and play again would help me out greatly. I don't know my swing speed now but it was 103mph 7 years ago when I was 20. I enjoy hitting Nike balls and don't like that they are not in that part of the industry any longer.

Welcome to THP.

Find some trial packs of balls and hit them till you find one you feel comfortable with and it does what you want.

Welcome to THP.

Find some trial packs of balls and hit them till you find one you feel comfortable with and it does what you want.

Where can I find trial packs of balls to purchase? Courses around me rarely sell by the sleeve. I wish I could find a ball that was just like the RZN White or Mojo.

Where can I find trial packs of balls to purchase? Courses around me rarely sell by the sleeve. I wish I could find a ball that was just like the RZN White or Mojo.

I was in Target in Phoenix this weekend and they still had a bunch of Mojos on the shelf. If you're looking to push back the search for a new ball a little longer.

I have never given ball choice much thought as an impact to my game mostly because in high school and college my schools were sponsored by Titleist so i hit what I they gave us for that event. Now that I have been out of school and playing ob my own I cannot find a ball I enjoy hitting. The only ball I have found I can hit far and straight are Nike Mojo and Srixon QStar. I'll list the balls I've hit and what I've noticed with them.

Long but inaccurate:
Nike RZN Red
Titleist Pro V 1
Callaway Warbird
Callaway Super hot

Accuarte with less distance
Taylormade Rocket ball
Nike RZB Black
Titleist NXT Tour
Bridgestone e6

My favorite balls to hit that I feel complements my short game and I can hit straight but I feel like I give up a lot of dstance with my both drives and irons are Nike RZN White and Srixon QStar. Any suggestion on a ball I should try or a previous ball I should go back to and play again would help me out greatly. I don't know my swing speed now but it was 103mph 7 years ago when I was 20. I enjoy hitting Nike balls and don't like that they are not in that part of the industry any longer.

Have you tried the prov1x?

Also consider srixon z star and z star xv or new Taylormade tp5 and tp5x

If you liked the RZN Black and White, see if you can find the RZN Tour Platinum

seems like you prefer a softish ball (except for the RZN Black which is definitely NOT soft, curious)

Callaway Chromesoft, Srixon Q-Star Tour or Z-Star, Taylormade TP5, Snell MTB are all current-release urethane options that get good reviews

seems like you prefer a softish ball (except for the RZN Black which is definitely NOT soft, curious)

Callaway Chromesoft, Srixon Q-Star Tour or Z-Star, Taylormade TP5, Snell MTB are all current-release urethane options that get good reviews

I wasn't impressed with the RZN Black my favorite were the White and One RZN X. I bought a dozen Platinum from lostgolfballs.com for $13 and RZN White for $9. I think I'm going to try the QStar tour this season and load up on used RZN until I can't find them any longer.

Based off of what you said in your original post, i would recommend Bridgestone B330 RX, Callaway Chromesoft X or ProV1X. If you are looking for similar but at a cheaper price, probably the Q Star Tour.

A lot of excellent choices in that list.

The right ball is the Srixon Q-Star Tour.

And even if it's not the right ball, you're not out a whole ton of money.

I just loaded up on RZN White and Platinum balls last night but I also just bought a dozen Q Star Tour based on the majority. I'm going to play a round tomorrow and I'll see how the q star play. Now my plan is to sell of my Pro V1 to replenish my RZN or Q Star depending on how tomorrow goes.

I'd start by going to the Bridgestone site and doing an online fitting. That will give you a ball recommendation, which can either lead you to purchase that product or serve as a baseline for other products to consider.

I'd start by going to the Bridgestone site and doing an online fitting. That will give you a ball recommendation, which can either lead you to purchase that product or serve as a baseline for other products to consider.

And after that, if you have an iPhone, download the free BFit app. It's essentially a free basic launch monitor that will give you swing video, clubhead speed, launch angle, and spin rate. You'll need an assistant to pull this off, and if you want to test different balls, you'll have to pull it off on a course rather than a range. Androids may work, but the camera has to be capable of something like 240 fps video for the app to do its thing.

I would suggest trying the wilson staff duo. It's long but also soft around the greens. I also think you can get two dozen for 30 bucks right now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I went to the Bridgestone site and did the ball fitting. The first question is "what ball do you currently use?" Why do they want to know? You could be using the wrong ball entirely, so I hope that the answer to this question doesn't play any role in the final decision. As it was, it recommended the e6 soft, which I know is very much like the Srixon Soft Feel that I use ... so did that have an influence, or was it based solely upon my answers regarding my distance, shot shape, etc?

I went to the Bridgestone site and did the ball fitting. The first question is "what ball do you currently use?" Why do they want to know? You could be using the wrong ball entirely, so I hope that the answer to this question doesn't play any role in the final decision. As it was, it recommended the e6 soft, which I know is very much like the Srixon Soft Feel that I use ... so did that have an influence, or was it based solely upon my answers regarding my distance, shot shape, etc?

Ball you use now completely changes their answer.

As for me, I LOVE the RZN White also. It is too bad it's done. My favorites are the Q Star, E5, and the White, which two are discontinued. May end up, buying ALOT in 5A.

Back