Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
dam, I missed good golf and great friends, I will make it happen for the next one. glad everyone had a great time.

all hale the new JELLO king, pretty good shooting Jim!!!!!
We missed you Mike. Jimmy liked the course I think (I would too if I shot a 77) and said he'd get you out there again.

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

We missed you Mike. Jimmy liked the course I think (I would too if I shot a 77) and said he'd get you out there again.

He could have easily gone lower. It was a fun day and I am looking forward to rep teeing it up with the WNY group again.

Shot my first sub 90 last week. I want to join you guys and maybe get some tricks. At a minimum some time with THPers.

Shot my first sub 90 last week. I want to join you guys and maybe get some tricks. At a minimum some time with THPers.

you have to jump in, playing with THPers is a lot of fun.

You'll love 'em. And when my kids were as young as yours - sometimes those birdie balls in the back yard were the only practice time I could get!

Now I just need my yard to be another 10-20 yards longer :)

It was great seeing everyone, the course was fun and the company was even better. I played decent minus the first and ninth hole but enjoyed every minute of the day.

Ha Ha! Made ya look! Bwahahahaaaaa!

Managed to get out as a single at Ontario Country Club (formerly The Brookwoods) this morning. Made a little adjustment to my driver, changing it to 9.5 degrees loft at the draw setting. Made all the difference as I was hitting the ball longer (well, for me) and straighter. Ended up shooting 91 as my short game was great, only 28 putts for the round.

Best thing was that I got around on a Saturday morning in less than 3 hours. I couldn't believe the course was so empty. Lucky me.

Still liking that putter, huh Jim? :)

Managed to get out as a single at Ontario Country Club (formerly The Brookwoods) this morning. Made a little adjustment to my driver, changing it to 9.5 degrees loft at the draw setting. Made all the difference as I was hitting the ball longer (well, for me) and straighter. Ended up shooting 91 as my short game was great, only 28 putts for the round.

Best thing was that I got around on a Saturday morning in less than 3 hours. I couldn't believe the course was so empty. Lucky me.
We didn't have the best experience with brookwoods last time around, so my bias tells me it's not that surprising that it's not busy.

Congrats in making the tweak work for you though.

I am heading to Bolton landing for a week vacation. The wife will let me get out for it least one round. I was thinking of playing the Sagamore course. Has anyone played there? Are there any other courses I should check out up there? I would to play with a THP'er if possible.

I am heading to Bolton landing for a week vacation. The wife will let me get out for it least one round. I was thinking of playing the Sagamore course. Has anyone played there? Are there any other courses I should check out up there? I would to play with a THP'er if possible.
When are you headed up? I've never played at the Sagamore, but I've heard good things. I doubt you'd find anything as nice up that way, but again, not exactly my neck of the woods either.

When are you headed up? I've never played at the Sagamore, but I've heard good things. I doubt you'd find anything as nice up that way, but again, not exactly my neck of the woods either.

Heading up on 8/8-8/15.

For Maddog:

Destroyed my match play opponent in my league tonight. I shot 41, he shot 52. Afterwards, to soften the blow, I offered to buy him a beer:

004dabd2dee35f949ae0f2fd23fbabf3.jpg

"Do you know Mike Sheflin?"

For Maddog:

Destroyed my match play opponent in my league tonight. I shot 41, he shot 52. Afterwards, to soften the blow, I offered to buy him a beer:

OMG hahaha haha

For Maddog:

did you have to rub it in like that...then again it could have been a cream ale. :D

did you have to rub it in like that...then again it could have been a cream ale. :D
Ha. It was his choice. I would've bought him whatever he wanted. When he ordered a "Genny" I was....shocked.

For Maddog:

Genesee Cream Ale comes in a green can....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back