Does The Birdie Fest At The PGA Championship Bother You

CAA_Beat

Reaction score
Handicap
It doesn't for me in this case. I'm the guy who usually enjoys seeing scores around even par at the two Opens.

But it's a nice change to see great shots rewarded with chances at birdie. Yet the course can bite you pretty hard if you misfit a shot or go to far offline.

I'm sure it will continue this afternoon and we may see a winning score near - 20.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

It doesn't bother me at all. Great shots should be rewarded. The only thing that bothers me is that none of the top 5 are on my fantasy team lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, if the weather changes for the worse it will become the bogey fest. I just enjoy seeing them play whatever the conditions.

Not at all, I look to the U.S. Open for seeing the pro's beat up, the other majors I expect that the numbers could go low.

Calling Mystery Meat and integrity of the game talk hahaha

Not really. I like the idea of low scores and high drama. Everyone swore last year at Valhalla was going to be undone by a less-than-spectacular venue that the pros would dominate...but the rain delay that made the course even more scorable made for a memorable final round, IMO.

No, we have still seen plenty of bogeys, with the cut like being over par. Good shots are rewarded and poor shots are penalized. I like that

Nope. Guys who are playing well are being rewarded. Guys within 8-9 shots of the lead going into the weekend actually stand a chance.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It's a hard course, but these guys are just so freaking good. It doesn't bother me. Chambers Bay had to be some of the hardest conditions ever yet they still dropped some low scores there.

It doesn't bother me at all because the whole field isn't killing it. I never care what the winner shoots because invariably, one of the "best in the world" is near the bottom and close to level par or worse. It's a fickle game and not every golfer shoots double-digits under par.

Level playing field where good shots are rewarded and poor shots are penalized. All you can really ask for. There have been may double digits under par scores at Augusta over the years and nobody calls for that tournament to be moved to a more challenging venue.

Play good golf, shoot a good score. It bothers me when guys play great golf and get a bad bounce or the conditions are so tough they can't hold the green or there's only a spot about 3 yards wide to hit on the green to have a good birdie chance.

I think this course is awesome. I would like to see the wind pickup, but overall, I really like the way this golf course is setup (other than the stupid bunker rules)

I think everybody has said it. This isn't a gimmicky golf course. Hit good shots on the tee and from the fairway. You are going to have a chance for a birdie.

I've never played there, $$$$$$, but it seems like a wonderfully fair course.

I think everybody has said it. This isn't a gimmicky golf course. Hit good shots on the tee and from the fairway. You are going to have a chance for a birdie.

I've never played there, $$$$$$, but it seems like a wonderfully fair course.
You're right. Not gimicky at all.

Its as I said earlier. Good shots are rewarded with a chance to score.

Personally my favorite course ever that I've played. It can play so differently each time out.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Sometimes it does, but for me I guess I don't mind it for some reason. I don't want to see the guys have to go out and play a gimicky course but at the same time for me anyway I don't want to see the scores at -15 or around there to win a major. Just my .02

Play good golf, shoot a good score. It bothers me when guys play great golf and get a bad bounce or the conditions are so tough they can't hold the green or there's only a spot about 3 yards wide to hit on the green to have a good birdie chance.

I think this course is awesome. I would like to see the wind pickup, but overall, I really like the way this golf course is setup (other than the stupid bunker rules)
Apparently, when you play the Straits and get to the 18th, you can ask your caddy to show you "Dustin's Bunker." apparently, despite what it looked like on TV, it isn't close to the fairway.

doesn't bother me, but to me there's nothing sets the PGA championship apart from several other events. I think it's a bit of a throwaway major that is trying to gain a foothold. the masters has the tradition and allure of Augusta National; the U.S. Open has its crazy measures to protect par; the Open Championship has the different setting (to us as Americans) and crazy weather and very different playing style; and the PGA has what? I often the Players and the Memorial to be more compelling than the PGA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expect it from PGA Championship, so no it doesn't bother me.

Yes i want to see them suffer :)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Doesn't bother me PGA setups the course for the guys to go play the course similar to how the r&a does the open

Nope. I enjoy this type of stuff and it's to be expected from this. Completely different from the US Open, because it is. Like the way the PGA presented this course, makes me want to play it 100x more than Chambers.

I enjoy seeing the scores low,it has been a treat to watch this edition of the tournament

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I don't really have a stance on this. It seems like all the birdies are well-earned by 2 or 3 great shots on a tough course...hard to have a problem with that.

makes no difference for me. Good golf on a good golf course makes for a great major.

I disagree about this tournament not having a strong tradition. It is usually played on the hardest courses in the nation. You want to make them struggle however then put it at Oakland Hills every year

Back