Danny Willett's Caddy Fired ... by Himself?!

I would have turned to him and said "I gave you the correct yardage, it's your dumb a** that hit it the Incorrect yardage."
Handed him the bag ... Peace!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

except what if he didn't give him the correct yardage? or mis-judged the wind? sure, danny could have hit a bad shot, but maybe he didn't. again, sounds like this runs a lot deeper than one incident.

except what if he didn't give him the correct yardage? or mis-judged the wind? sure, danny could have hit a bad shot, but maybe he didn't. again, sounds like this runs a lot deeper than one incident.
No doubt I'm sure it's been going on for quite a while

Grayson Murray fired his caddie on Sunday half way thru his round. This dude is nuts.

And let's not forget Robert Allenby blow up at the Canadian open in 2015.

Greyson Murray is just an insufferable douche.

Willet at least has a Green Jacket.

If Ted Scott can maintain his composure, this guy might just be a pansy.

I'm pretty sure Ted Scott eeases his pain by sleeping on a very large pile of money at home. Or, Bubba has a lot of blackmail on him that he uses as blackmail

Didn't Sergio fire a caddy mid round a couple years ago then paid some guy peanuts to do nothing but lug his bag around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't Sergio fire a caddy mid round a couple years ago then paid some guy peanuts to do nothing but lug his bag around?

I think so, he might of even won something or at least did very well with some random on the bag.

Didn't Willett win the Masters because Speith collapsed? Willett has not done much since....just sayin'

The bottom line IMO is it's just another player using the caddie as a scapegoat for his lousy play

I feel like this happens more than we think

IMO the worst part of Spieth blowing the 2016 Masters was the fact that Willet had a tap-in win and get's to walk around as a Major Champion.

That said and my dislike of Willet aside, I think the Caddy was wrong to quit mid-tournament even if Willet deserved to be dumped.

Sounds like Willett is the new Poulter in these parts.

Flash in the pan winner for the Masters. Would not be surprised if he never won another PGA tour event. Do not like the guy..

The only player on tour that can rival Willetts douchness, is Tyrrell Hatton.

I thought of Bubby immediately after reading the opening post!

Danny Willett = Trevor Immelman = Larry Mize

I'd volunteer to be abused by Willett for as long as he wanted me around, but I'm afraid I'd go without eating with what Willett is bringing home these days.

I could never be a caddie.

I would love to be a caddie honestly.

Paging Hashtag for caddie advice...

It would be cool to loop for a week to see how it really is (kinda like how everybody should work in retail for a while), but I don't think that I would want to make it my permanent job.

Paging Hashtag for caddie advice...

It would be cool to loop for a week to see how it really is (kinda like how everybody should work in retail for a while), but I don't think that I would want to make it my permanent job.

IDK. Steve Williams, Bones, and Fluff have made a pretty penny hoofing a bag around for decades. I wouldn't mind having half of these guy's coin. Granted, they are the rare exception to the average caddie, but still, I'd take that. And honestly, the opportunity to even caddie once at the Masters and British Open would be the coolest thing ever. To be inside the ropes at either of those tournaments would be the bomb.

For a miss played shot, some players prefer to blame the lie, green condition, noise from a spectator, caddie, or any number of other factors.
It's a psychological thing where the player carries on , month after month, year after year, by never blaming himself. On the PGA Tour I think this mind set is fairly common.

Willett may be firing another caddy today - - he's at +7 after 17 holes.

He WD today

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/pla...ind-need-a-rest?mbid=Social_Twitter_GolfWorld

So they can just WD when they aren't playing well? Seems like a cop out

I hate the "I suck balls withdrawal". Thanks for taking a spot in the field from someone else.

if i'm not mistaken willett has a recurring lower back injury and had built his unique swing to work around this. it's tough to tell whether this is slump-related (which would be a crappy thing to withdraw) or injury-related (which would be excusable).

Back