Please can I have some much needed swing advice

rlefig

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Tadashi70 and others, so far I only have the straight on view but this is with the 7 iron. I will try to provide another video ASAP. Basically I have many swing problems, I think. I sometimes feel I have no control of shot, I could top it chunck it, hit it left or right. I think I might be too quick with swing sometimes. am trying to angle my spine better as I feel i was too straight. Today at range I hit a 7 iron around 150 90% of time and 5 iron around 180 again at 90% of time so I was happy with that.

Let me know what y'all think, I can take insults.

I

You are hitting at the ball like a slap shot. Your hands don't get above your shoulder. You sway back instead of turn to get the club to the top of your back swing. You hold the angle ( left arm and club at 75*) very well back into the ball which accounts for your distance. After impact your arms collapse because your guiding the club into the ball instead of swinging through to your finish.

I'm hesitant to give you tips because I really think you need to see someone live that can address a few issues you have. I think tips without hands on help with confuse the matter. But I can tell you if you work on keeping your lower body quiet or still it'll help with more consistent contact. Try to keep your legs from swaying. Keep the flex in your knees and allow your upper body coil against your lower.

Thanks, it hurts. But makes sense after years of hockey. I am seeing a therapist, I mean PGA teacher we had one lesson but did not address swing more just setting the T on address and getting down on ball with wrist rotation. I am going to do some of the rotation drills and try to work on back angle. Will see him again on Monday

Thanks, it hurts. But makes sense after years of hockey. I am seeing a therapist, I mean PGA teacher we had one lesson but did not address swing more just setting the T on address and getting down on ball with wrist rotation. I am going to do some of the rotation drills and try to work on back angle. Will see him again on Monday

What hurts?

Just joking, I knew my swing was not good. Thanks as always for your tips. Any drill ideas or helpful hints send them my way and hopefully the next video i send will be better.

Thanks Tadashi70

Tadashi70, just joking on the hurts part. Will try to keep bottom quieter and work on shoulder rotation. Any drills or tips to help with this please send them, and thanks again.

I posted a reply earlier that was similar to this but did not show up in case there is a double post

rob

Back