Spieth or Reed - Fast Forward

Look at this guy, sitting squarely on the fence, like a good Texas cattle rancher ;)

Oh I picked a side if you went further. Matter of fact that side earned me a steak dinner from a gentle Panda as seen above. Ha!

I have rooted for Spieth from the beginning and its nice to see him have the success he is having. IMO his attitude will be what helps continue his success.

After two rounds together at the TOC, with some great golf by both, looks like Spieth isn't showing a let down from last year.

After two rounds together at the TOC, with some great golf by both, looks like Spieth isn't showing a let down from last year.
However, Reed won some, he didnt do it on the stage that Spieth did.

Ibday Spieth, I think he is the best at having the ability to score even when he isn't playing well.. Not taking anything away from Reed as he is a spectacular player as well.

I continue to wonder if these 2 are as close as the media says they are. To me they seem more distant since the Ryder Cup.

I continue to wonder if these 2 are as close as the media says they are. To me they seem more distant since the Ryder Cup.

I think these two being close is a media invention. They're two very different people. Jordan is very close to his family and especially his little sister. Reed doesn't even speak to his family and won't acknowledge his sister. They might have fun on the course together and enjoy playing with each other, but I'll bet that's is far as it goes.

Jealousy from the one who hasn't won a major?

I think these two being close is a media invention. They're two very different people. Jordan is very close to his family and especially his little sister. Reed doesn't even speak to his family and won't acknowledge his sister. They might have fun on the course together and enjoy playing with each other, but I'll bet that's is far as it goes.

Don't know, the Ryder Cup felt forced almost and their success seemed to cover it. It just feels awkward when they are grouped together since. I don't get that feeling with Day, Stenson or others.

Since then one's won 2 majors, become a media darling and the top ranked golfer in the world.

The other has had to fend off cheating allegations, has a wife who is way better looking than he deserves, and a daughter.

Their lives have gone in radically different directions since the end of 2014.

Don't know, the Ryder Cup felt forced almost and their success seemed to cover it. It just feels awkward when they are grouped together since. I don't get that feeling with Day, Stenson or others.

I agree with you, but I also think that Reed just doesn't play well with others at all.

Since then one's won 2 majors, become a media darling and the top ranked golfer in the world.

The other has had to fend off cheating allegations, has a wife who is way better looking than he deserves, and a daughter.

Their lives have gone in radically different directions since the end of 2014.

I agree with you, but I also think that Reed just doesn't play well with others at all.

Paladin and OITW both hit it on the head from what I see. Two different personalities and it's possible the atmosphere of the RC was able to mask it as they did things for the betterment of the team.

imo Patrick is on his own island

It's harder to compare now, with Speith being a multiple Major Winner, I tend to lean in his direction. Patrick has game, no doubt, but something about his personality that I've seen/heard doesn't seem to sit well with me. That's probably not fair, because I've never met either one of them, but one on one interviews and the way they conduct themselves then, hold a lot of weight with me.

Speith is very much a "We" player, where I'm not sure I've ever heard that from Reed. Granted, golf is not a team sport, but when you have a backing like each of them do, it's just nice to hear "we" more often that "I", especially in today's world. Maybe that's just me?

DJ has sort of the same persona as PR but when he's paired with JS I don't get that awkward feeling between the two when they interact.

It's harder to compare now, with Speith being a multiple Major Winner, I tend to lean in his direction. Patrick has game, no doubt, but something about his personality that I've seen/heard doesn't seem to sit well with me. That's probably not fair, because I've never met either one of them, but one on one interviews and the way they conduct themselves then, hold a lot of weight with me.

Speith is very much a "We" player, where I'm not sure I've ever heard that from Reed. Granted, golf is not a team sport, but when you have a backing like each of them do, it's just nice to hear "we" more often that "I", especially in today's world. Maybe that's just me?

Agree 100%. I cannot get behind Reed. He plays with too much attitude, and just doesn't *seem* like a pleasant person. I've been turned off of him ever since his top 5 player comment.

DJ has sort of the same persona as PR but when he's paired with JS I don't get that awkward feeling between the two when they interact.

I think the big difference is Reed doesn't give a sh** what people think and to an extent Jordan does or at least says all the right things when in front of a microphone. Jordan has been taught and polished up for a while now.

Interesting enough I heard on the broadcast last night that Reed was taking a different approach to golf. Not just playing it, but training and how he travels/lives out on tour. I gotta a hunch the baby put a lot into perspective for him and as someone who did a complete 180 when my first daughter was born I can relate. Kids make you reevaluate things and all of a sudden all that you thought mattered or was important isn't and you have bigger fish to fry.

Neither, Spieth is a headcase and Reed is good but I don't think he'll ever be consistent. Spieth will do much better that Reed though long term.

Man an do I suck at these things

Well now we know. I'll take Jordan. Reed seems to be talented, but an @ssclown. JMO of course!

Back