Nike Vapor Pro Driver Review

I need to try this head again now that I've fixed my driver set up. I'll try to get to the course early today and demo it and report back.

Dude if you can get your AOA to 1 or higher you'll be killing this driver. I was doing the same thing with just about the same swing speed and my instructor got me sorted out with my AOA and I gained so much distance with less spin!

This is so true. Getting that launch angle up to around 14 to 15 with that club head speed would yield at least 10 more yards of carry I would think.

This is so true. Getting that launch angle up to around 14 to 15 with that club head speed would yield at least 10 more yards of carry I would think.
With my lessons and this driver my AOA went from -2 to +3 and I gained about 15-20. It made an enormous difference for me.

Hoping to get out to a demo day tomorrow and give this club a try. Heard lots of great things, just need to see if it fits my swing.

My fitter offered to let me take one of these out for a test drive before I pull the trigger, so I'm gonna go pick it up today and try to get it out on the range for a little action! Want to see if it performs as well now as it did 2 weeks ago. If so, I'll be pulling the trigger and she'll be my head for #TheHandCraftedExperience.
Well hello there!

8611916ac30a08353fdd473fe34fbc7e.jpg

bfb26693acf644424d3ed23b7a3e7dc4.jpg

Excited to get her out for a couple test spins. Comparison photos to my 913D2. A little shorter face to back, and a little deeper face:

ba35b4988efafc227e99916b7765bc20.jpg

6eed77e3af922499dfe6f5075825374c.jpg

926cd1586bf6920d2fdb729eab926ba8.jpg

Well hello there!

8611916ac30a08353fdd473fe34fbc7e.jpg

bfb26693acf644424d3ed23b7a3e7dc4.jpg

Excited to get her out for a couple test spins. Comparison photos to my 913D2. A little shorter face to back, and a little deeper face:

ba35b4988efafc227e99916b7765bc20.jpg

6eed77e3af922499dfe6f5075825374c.jpg

926cd1586bf6920d2fdb729eab926ba8.jpg
Very nice!
Is the intent that you leave the wrapper on?

Very nice!
Is the intent that you leave the wrapper on?
Haha nah, I just wanted to take a few pics while the wrapper was still on! Hitting it tomorrow after work.

Took this bad boy out for a test drive at the range yesterday with my 913D2 in the bag as well. First impressions hitting them side by side outside:

-This driver sounds UNBELIEVABLE when hit in the middle. Just a nice muted "thwack" with the ever so slightest metallic tinge to it. Honestly it reminds me a little of the BB '14. Feel is great too, you can feel the energy off the face but it's solid not springy.
-You can distinctly tell when you missed it from a feel and sound point of view - sound becomes kind of dead, and the feel gets quite "hard" and loses some energy. However, the results were generally better than they had any right to me in these cases. Toe misses are met with a definite draw, but it's not the screaming hook that sometimes results. Low on the face is surprising, as it feels so dead but actually gets out there pretty nicely.
-Looks freakin outstanding at address. Perfect size and shape, IMO.
-Slightly heavier swingweight feeling with the Vapor vs. the 913D2 - could be a shaft thing or a head thing, not sure. Not a bad thing by any means, as I was still getting nice distance and trajectory, just different is all.
-Sound is very different from the 913. The 913 definitely has more metallic tendencies. It's early but I think the Vapor sounds better when hit in the middle, but a wash or maybe a little worse when missed. Definitely QUIETER when missed, which is good haha

Still hard to tell whether I'm getting the distance gain that the fitting predicted, but the distance is definitely solid. I think I need to get it on another monitor and see if I see the same distances from the fitting.

Anyways, I'm really liking it so far! I'm very nearly decided this will be my #TheHandCraftedExperience head.

Love hearing this SkiBum! I really do like this driver. Have played 2 rounds with mixed results (2nd round, my overall swing was just a bit off). During the 1st round, I hit this pretty well, including a couple of solid drives into the wind. And the sound and aesthetics? Love it. I have to admit, I never, ever would have thought I'd have a Nike club in the bag. The Vapor Pro changed that.

Spent some time with this club yesterday at a demo day at the league golf course. Fitted into stiff shaft, 10.5 degree i was hitting the best drives of the season to date. If i could find a little extra money laying around, this would be in my bag, and i wouldn't be hitting out of the rough anymore...

Love hearing this SkiBum! I really do like this driver. Have played 2 rounds with mixed results (2nd round, my overall swing was just a bit off). During the 1st round, I hit this pretty well, including a couple of solid drives into the wind. And the sound and aesthetics? Love it. I have to admit, I never, ever would have thought I'd have a Nike club in the bag. The Vapor Pro changed that.

I was the same way until this year as well. Nike stepped up their freakin game this year, no doubt. My brother is a huge Nike homer, he's jealous lol

On another happy note, my CMB's just sold, so I now have the green light to buy this head!

So I'll be receiving a vapor pro head soon from a trade with great guy... purchased 71g handcrafted 6.5 (mainly because the color matches lol ). Went to goldsmith and threw on a demo head....
b2a759ed5dec07ad7c7bc7cfda4b69a4.jpg

Gc2 simulator software set to sea level

Kang you are a beast with that club.

So I'll be receiving a vapor pro head soon from a trade with great guy... purchased 71g handcrafted 6.5 (mainly because the color matches lol ). Went to goldsmith and threw on a demo head....

Beast mode!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow Kang,giving Rory a run for his money there. I am seriously pondering these, love the volt colour and head shape.

Wow Kang,giving Rory a run for his money there. I am seriously pondering these, love the volt colour and head shape.

Wait until you see the px handcrafted 6.5 in it! I bought the shaft cuz I like the 6.5 I have. But the one I have is 58g, the one I bought (colors matched the vapor head) is 71g

Nike Vapor Pro Driver Review

If for some reason it loses your favor I'll be trolling the wtb/wts thread for this head... Just sayin... #newfavorite

Wow, Kang, my numbers were nice with this bad boy but you sure made them look like crap haha. BEAST numbers there

Wow, Kang, my numbers were nice with this bad boy but you sure made them look like crap haha. BEAST numbers there
It's long! Granted I was swinging hard lol. Take it down a notch and it can be great distance and dispersion. Looks great tok

It's long! Granted I was swinging hard lol. Take it down a notch and it can be great distance and dispersion. Looks great tok
Totally agree. It's early still of course, but I'm seeing pretty damn solid results so far.

Another range session yesterday, and I was absolutely HAMMERING this driver. It just wants to fly high, with a little draw, and LONG.

I feel like I'm tempting fate by talking so nice about this driver, but I'm just loving it right now. And the sound and feel is just to die for - you immediately know you hit it in the middle. I can understand why they released this driver at the last minute.

Hopefully I get some time in with this from Rbarthles bag tomorrow. I loved it on the range, just waiting to see how it works for him and myself on the course. And I hope he has switched away from that gawd awful stock grip.

Hopefully I get some time in with this from Rbarthles bag tomorrow. I loved it on the range, just waiting to see how it works for him and myself on the course. And I hope he has switched away from that gawd awful stock grip.

You will have to suffer the grip. It's grown on me surprisingly.

Back