Are You Captain Material?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
No this is not an audition, but a general question. In a team golf event, do you think you make or would make a good captain?

Yes sir..both make and will make.

I think that will be a popular answer here

No idea. But I'd probably be better at captaining than playing.

I honestly don't think I would.

I think I know enough about match play that I'd be a decent Captain. I'm a glass half full guy 99% of the time and that is important as a captain. I'm a good listener and think I'd be observant enough to put like minded team members together. I'd love to give being a captain a shot one day!

I've captained or co-captained sports teams before, so yes, I think I would make a good captain.

Nope. Not even close. Not yet anyway. I could be a leader as a teammate, but not a Captain.

I never thought I would be a good captain but after Legacy I think I could do a decent job and it absolutely is something I would love to give a shot. You don't really see that many opportunities to do so.

Honestly? No. I will be a heckuva teammate, bat at this point not made out to be a captain.

When I thought I was, I wasnt.

After a few years removed from it, and realizing now what and how a Captain should do things, I would say Yes.

Sometimes you have to be willing to hurt feelings for the greater good of a team, and I didnt do that when given the chance. Lessons learned, put the weight on your shoulders and make decisions that might not go over well immediately but will benefit all in the long run.

Nope not Captain material. I am a put me in coach kind of guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably make a better lieutenant than captain.

I think I would make a good captain. I'm pretty good at sizing up players and understanding team dynamics to get the best out of a team. I'm not afraid to gamble or make a tough decision.

I'd make a solid water boy.

I think I would make a good Captain.

Yes. I've captained a few teams and had good results. My team mates have generally enjoyed it because I try to be participative. But, it's not decision by consensus, because there are usually too many differences in opinion, particularly on tough decisions. Lol

I think I would make a good Captain.
Hell yeah you would.

Having teed it up with you, I bet you could motivate me to run through a brick wall.

I enjoyed my opportunity during the Morgan Cup. There is certainly more to it than I expected going in and I know I made mistakes. I thought I did a solid a job and think I can learn from my experience and improve if I got another chance. Maybe my team would be the best people to answer this question?

Far better coach (non-player) than a captain (fellow player).

Being detached from the game helps - if I'm playing I'm an average captain at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell yeah you would.

Having teed it up with you, I bet you could motivate me to run through a brick wall.
Yep. I'd follow Kevin anywhere. I know he'd lead from the front and I for sure would follow!

Nope, I don't think I'd be a good captain. I lack experience and the outgoing personality often needed. I think my best role is supportive teammate.

I think I would make a good captain, I have been a captain on various sports teams growing up, I have been a manager in my work life at several different jobs and I have been a part of 2 team golf competitions.

I'd say I did an ok job the last time I was a captain. I was firm with my team, only because I knew they could be really good. I would have ran through a wall for any of them, and hope they would have done the same for me. In hindsight, I probably would have said I was proud of the work they had put in from the beginning. They all worked hard, they deserved a little more recognition on that.

I didn't end up at the bottom of a lake so I guess I wasn't too awful.

I'd say I did an ok job the last time I was a captain. I was firm with my team, only because I knew they could be really good. I would have ran through a wall for any of them, and hope they would have done the same for me. In hindsight, I probably would have said I was proud of the work they had put in from the beginning. They all worked hard, they deserved a little more recognition on that.

Many of us wanted to throw you in that lake near the 18th green. Not because of your Captainship though. #alienface

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's adorable that you think any of us was listening.

:)

Back