Spieth swaps putter

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
Spieth has put a Scotty Cameron T5W in play this week replacing the old faithful putter. His putting stats have him near the top on the tour this year so this is an intriguing swap.

Correct and currently being discussed in the tournament thread as well.

Hmmm. I can see if there was an issue, but it seems odd that he'd change when things are rolling well.

Hmmm. I can see if there was an issue, but it seems odd that he'd change when things are rolling well.

Check out the strokes gained number.
39th this year. Last two years are in the top 10.

There is just something to that #7ish shape

Check out the strokes gained number.
39th this year. Last two years are in the top 10.

And, there you have it.

man, if he loses his mojo on the greens i don't know that he ever becomes relevant again.

I am curious to see if this change is permanent or if only just to give him a different look for a short period of time before switching back to the 009.

man, if he loses his mojo on the greens i don't know that he ever becomes relevant again.

Going to be hard for him, that's for sure. Then again, you could say that about any pro really...I mean DJ started dominating recently because his putter caught fire.

Correct and currently being discussed in the tournament thread as well.

Figured it would be similar to Henson temporarily swapping 3w and could use its own thread to discuss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to be hard for him, that's for sure. Then again, you could say that about any pro really...I mean DJ started dominating recently because his putter caught fire.

good point. i just feel like more than most pros, jordan separates himself with his putting. granted, he's not particularly good on the short ones, it's more that 10-25' range where he shines.

Figured it would be similar to Henson temporarily swapping 3w and could use its own thread to discuss

haha. Nobody said not to start a thread on it, in fact in the tournament thread I mentioned how I forgot to with the flight...Its why I used the phrase as well.

He must of messed around with JT's flatstick during SPBK17!

I feel the same I did as Stenson's 3 wood on this one. It's news to the avid golf fan, Spieth fan, internet golf forum goer, but nothing else for the Joe Causual. Sure they will talk about it on TV and us golf super fans will discuss it here, but outside of that I don't think it's big news really.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I feel the same I did as Stenson's 3 wood on this one. It's new to the avid golf fan, Spieth fan, internet golf forum goer, but nothing else for the Joe Causual. Sure they will talk about it on TV and us golf super fans will discuss it here, but outside of that I don't think it's big news really.

i think it's kind of big news, and maybe bigger news than stenson's 3w. that i know of, stenson didn't bring his 3w with him on the talk show circuit after he won his major. jordan brought his putter on at least one appearance i can think of. so the putter became at least part of the story that was told to casual audiences.

I feel the same I did as Stenson's 3 wood on this one. It's new to the avid golf fan, Spieth fan, internet golf forum goer, but nothing else for the Joe Causual. Sure they will talk about it on TV and us golf super fans will discuss it here, but outside of that I don't think it's big news really.

It's got golf fans going nuts though haha.

I wish they'd release that flow neck at some point. I think it's interesting considering the 009 was his staple since his college years. Curious to see if he actually puts it in play in the tournament

I wish they'd release that flow neck at some point. I think it's interesting considering the 009 was his staple since his college years. Curious to see if he actually puts it in play in the tournament

He does have it in play. He may switch back after this round, but he at least has it out today.

He is 16th strokes gained tee to green so his other areas are doing well, the putting really is"bad" compared to past few year's performance. I guess he is a good example of the "short game is where it counts."

Losing confidence in your putter is very bad for your psyche though, I hope he get accustomed to the new putter soon!

Seemed a little too defensive in his post round comments about the putter switch.

Back