Nippon Graphite Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Nippon NS Pro and Modus line of steel shafts are getting more popular every day, but many golfers do not realize that the company also makes graphite shafts.

THP TV sat down with Nippon at their US office in California to discuss the Regio Formula line of graphite shafts and what makes them unique.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/nippon-regio-formula-shafts/

I for one, had no idea. Always learning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've almost pulled the trigger and purchased the Formula MB multiple times, but just never did it since there was no place to demo one first. Looking forward to this!!

Randy

Hmm, a graphite driver/wood shaft designed to be paired with my new Nippon Modus3 130 iron shafts; very interesting! I will definitely be spec hunting this afternoon...

• Admin
I've almost pulled the trigger and purchased the Formula MB multiple times, but just never did it since there was no place to demo one first. Looking forward to this!!

Randy

If you make it to a THP Event at some point, I will make sure we have demos in.

Never even looked before to see about graphite woods shafts that's pretty cool

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Really loving this. Got the Modus3 105s in my new irons, and still REALLY interested in the Regio MB

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The way the match product lines is really smart.

Wow, I had no idea at all. That's really cool and I love how they match up with the steel counterparts. I've been playing the Modus3 120 in my last two sets of irons and love them, these would be fun to try out and compare someday.

I've looked these in the past and would like to see a 105-115 gram option for the irons.

Thanks to Hiro from Nippon for helping out. We have a number of THP TV spots coming from this session with them.

I had no idea these existed. Definitely nice options to balance out the product line. I know the bend profiles align with the steel shafts, but has anyone in here actually hit these?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Had no idea they made graphite shafts. Intrigued by the yellow one and hope to be able to demo it one day. Would love to see them get into graphite iron shafts.

I must admit that I didn’t know Nippon offered graphite shafts. After getting my first taste of Nippon irons shafts this week (980 G.H.) I like them a lot.

The fact that I can get a similar profile in my graphite shafts for my hybrids and woods is exciting, who wouldn’t want the consistent feel throughout the bag?

Very cool info as I knew they made some graphite options, but had no idea what/where they fit within their whole umbrella of shafts. Would love to give the yellow a rip.

Wow, I am not the most knowledgeable but I feel like I know quite a bit, but had ZERO clue Nippon made graphite shafts. What is more embarrassing is that I played Nippon shafts in my irons for 5 years or so.

Will have to check these out as some point.

the only reason i knew about these shafts was from going to nippon's site to try to learn more about the various modus lines. but i've never seen them in person to try, and i certainly didn't know they are a complement to the modus feel. that alone has me really intrigued, and maybe they would work has a hybrid shaft?

I can't wait to learn more about these!! The Modus 105's really having me chomping at the bit about the MB.

Nippon had a tent at the local demo weekend with and nice display of their shafts and clubs to demo. They were fairly busy so I thought I would come back later.... I forgot. :dohanim:

Love learning new stuff about companies! Cool to see how they correlate one line to the other.

Didn't know these existed. I know Nippon steel shafts are popular on THP but wasn't aware they provided graphite options, and specifically ones whose purpose was to match up feel-wise with their iron shafts.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I think it's really cool that they match the profile of the iron shafts. Thinking of back when, people used to do this when they played DG through the bag. Cool that you can get the benefits of graphite in the long clubs, while keeping that consistency.

Have some coming to me and want to give one a try. Only tested briefly a while back so it should be fun.

Have some coming to me and want to give one a try. Only tested briefly a while back so it should be fun.

graphite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back