Ladies and Gentlemen, Your 2009 NFL #1 Overall Draft Pick

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
nfl_g_stafford1_sw_400.jpg

That's the Univeristy of Georgia....baby. Watch out for another 1st rounder...Knowshon Moreno the sophmore RB.

I just thought the photo was hysterical.

I don't even think that Stafford or Sanchez will be that great.

You are one of the few then. Both can make all the throws and both are were touted this way straight out of HS. I think Sanchez is the real deal.

You are one of the few then. Both can make all the throws and both are were touted this way straight out of HS. I think Sanchez is the real deal.

Well, if anything, Sanchez will be better than Stafford.

Im sure he will at the beginning. Stafford just got drafted by a horrible team. However both of these guys will start and both are better than the Leinart and Young class.

Im sure he will at the beginning. Stafford just got drafted by a horrible team. However both of these guys will start and both are better than the Leinart and Young class.

LMAO, I'm still pissed that Vince Young got the ROTY over Maurice Jones-Drew. That was absolutely insane.

Doesn't take much to be better than Leinart/Young, haha.

Having seen the latter play in person on multiple occasions, I agree.

Matt is good, very good. He has been put in a offensive system that does not work for his game or a left hander very well for that matter. I hope he get traded soon.

Most pro scouts feel he lacks the arm strength to make the quick out throw in the NFL. Leinert that is.

Most pro scouts feel he lacks the arm strength to make the quick out throw in the NFL. Leinert that is.

I get the feeling Leinert would rather be an NFL quarterback than play quarterback in the NFL. He loves the lifestyle.

How can anyone tell with quarterbacks? For every successful quarterback with a pedigree (like Peyton Manning) there have been successful qb's that came in under the radar (like Tom Brady). And one of the best qb's of all time was drafted in the third round (Joe Montana).

How can anyone tell with quarterbacks? For every successful quarterback with a pedigree (like Peyton Manning) there have been successful qb's that came in under the radar (like Tom Brady). And one of the best qb's of all time was drafted in the third round (Joe Montana).

Yeah Brady was 6 round IIRC.

No matter how much this poor kid signed for he should fire his agent. Coming to the Lions???????????? QB's get killed here no "O" line, very little supporting talent, even less talent from the Front Office to the Coaching Staff, a town that will not support the team, a good Shuffle Board game at the old folks home will out draw the Lions. If he's smart he'll start off camp by demanding a trade even if it's to the CFL. Old man Ford runs this team like they were run in the 50's a rich man's toy, hey his money, his team do with it what you want. Just don't expect people from a town that is suffering like Detroit is to put down any money to watch these clowns it's not even good comedy. During last season we couldn't get anyone to use our corperate tickets, the best line was from an hourly person who I offered them to, he asked if he was going to be on the clock if he went. When the Lions called about our tickets for this season I told them we would not, she asked why? I started to laugh and hung up.

No matter how much this poor kid signed for he should fire his agent. Coming to the Lions???????????? QB's get killed here no "O" line, very little supporting talent, even less talent from the Front Office to the Coaching Staff, a town that will not support the team, a good Shuffle Board game at the old folks home will out draw the Lions. If he's smart he'll start off camp by demanding a trade even if it's to the CFL. Old man Ford runs this team like they were run in the 50's a rich man's toy, hey his money, his team do with it what you want. Just don't expect people from a town that is suffering like Detroit is to put down any money to watch these clowns it's not even good comedy. During last season we couldn't get anyone to use our corperate tickets, the best line was from an hourly person who I offered them to, he asked if he was going to be on the clock if he went. When the Lions called about our tickets for this season I told them we would not, she asked why? I started to laugh and hung up.

LOL, you can't just refuse to sign with the team that picked you because they're bad. It's the nature of the game.

Unless you're John Elway.

And actually, can't you not sign and go back into the draft the next year? (Like Bo Jackson). Although with Detroit, it's likely they would have the first pick again. And he entered the draft early, know the Lions would probably take him anyway.

And actually, can't you not sign and go back into the draft the next year? (Like Bo Jackson). Although with Detroit, it's likely they would have the first pick again.

Who would pick you after one season of doing nothing? And either way, a crappy team will always have first pick. You can't just pick who you want to sign with. (Unless your last name is Manning)

Who would pick you after one season of doing nothing? And either way, a crappy team will always have first pick. You can't just pick who you want to sign with. (Unless your last name is Manning)

The Raiders. Although Jackson was not actually doing nothing, he was playing outfield for Kansas City. Doesn't matter anyway, isn't he signed, sealed and delivered?

How soon people forget. Elway, Bo Jackson, and let us not forget that precious ELI MANNING said before the draft he would only plan in NY.

How soon people forget. Elway, Bo Jackson, and let us not forget that precious ELI MANNING said before the draft he would only plan in NY.

And SD knew that and took advantage of it and made NYG overpay for him. It only worked because his last name is Manning.

Whatever, lol, I'm sick of arguing over nothing. He's in DET, nothing he can do now.

Although with Detroit, it's likely they would have the first pick again.

The only way the Lions don't pick first next season is if their schedule is againist Mini Mite kids teams. Most Michigan HS teams would beat their butts. Can you say "No way we don't go 0-16 again."

The only way the Lions don't pick first next season is if their schedule is againist Mini Mite kids teams. Most Michigan HS teams would beat their butts. Can you say "No way we don't go 0-16 again."

While I think that was an exaggeration on purpose, the NFL is so much different than anything else. The Lions would beat the vast majority of college teams, even most of the "powerhouses". The NFL is so much faster, smarter, etc.

Back