Taylormade Kia Ma Putter Unboxing

Which makes the hot list look even weaker, they criticized the kia mia for having a milled face and not the TM insert. I thought it was insane when I first read it.

And ironically they never complain about SC for not having an insert.

And ironically they never complain about SC for not having an insert.

Being a milled face fan...the Studio Style SC was one of the worst putters I've ever used. No joke.

Being a milled face fan...the Studio Style SC was one of the worst putters I've ever used. No joke.

It's a little soft, and I never understood why you would have a ss insert on a ss putter, but I thought it was ok. Not great, but ok.

It's a little soft, and I never understood why you would have a ss insert on a ss putter, but I thought it was ok. Not great, but ok.

It was WAY too soft. I just couldn't use it. I'd be better off with a rake.

2006-11-25.gif

They make two of them still I believe. The regular and the Kia Ma.

I have the regular Imola 8 with the insert, it's a nice putter.

I have one of those too Dyna. It is a nice putter, but I am biased, because it is one of my favorite styles.

I will switch the Imola out with my Tourismo depending on the speed of the greens. On fast greens I can get the Imola working great but for some reason when they are slow I always end up 2' short of the hole. The extra weight of the mallet style Tourismo helps on those.

All I have to say is WOW. Taylormade sent over 2 putters for the Putter Shoot Out and took it one step further. The Kia Ma that they sent they decided they were going to do something special for us and for our readers. The last picture should some it up. This one will be featured in a charity event coming in the future I am sure.

519925536_7StEP-L.jpg

519925450_8tafN-L.jpg

519925330_23bYb-L.jpg

519925269_eqic2-L.jpg

The second putter we cannot photograph right now because it is a prototype, but I assure you that you will get to see it here first.
Wow, very nice. It reminds me of a Scotty Cameron Circa 62. Whats the country of origin for that putter? On my R9 it says, "shaft made in China, head made in China, assembled in USA".

Last edited:
Wow, very nice. It reminds me of a Scotty Cameron Circa 62. Whats the country of origin for that putter? On my R9 it says, "shaft made in China, head made in China, assembled in USA".

Well if Kia Ma is really making the puters in his shop/factory then it would be the US, wouldn't it? He immigrated here from Vietnam but I'm honestly not sure.

The head is made in china and then milled here IIRC. Kia Ma has his shop at the TM compound.

Played quite a bit with this putter and it is one of the softest I have ever used.

God is that the look I love in a putter- kind of like the Cameron Circa '62 no.2. Those are both great looking putters.

I played that for a while. The Kia Ma is softer.

Back