Zurich Classic of New Orleans [possible spoilers]

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Coverage starts today on TGC.

Charley Hoffman has his Chris Griffin outfit on today.
200px-family-guy-chris-griffin3.jpg

GO JERRY KELLY!!!! I was surprised to see him leading this one considering that he pulled out of a tournament a week or 2 ago due to back problems.
Its always nice to see someone from Wisconsin doing well and hopefully Kelly can hold on for the win.

GO JERRY KELLY!!!! I was surprised to see him leading this one considering that he pulled out of a tournament a week or 2 ago due to back problems.
Its always nice to see someone from Wisconsin doing well and hopefully Kelly can hold on for the win.

Yep, would be nice to see him win. You ever play Bridges here in Madison, supposedly that's his "home" course. It's not all that great, very flat & featureless. I would think University Ridge would prep him a lot better.

Congrats to Jerry for finishing strong when he needed to. And thankfully Sabbatini didn't win:D

Yep, would be nice to see him win. You ever play Bridges here in Madison, supposedly that's his "home" course. It's not all that great, very flat & featureless. I would think University Ridge would prep him a lot better.
Bridges? Nope, never heard of it. :confused2:
It was nice to see Kelly get the win. :clapp:

It was a good win for Kelly, but holy cow, the coverage right there at the end sure made it anti-climactic.

"congrats on the win, and stay tuned for 60 minutes..." LOL

• Admin
I thought so too GB. I can only imagine if it was a major name, we would have seen more.

I was hoping Charles Howell would pull it out. Good win for Kelly.

It was a good win for Kelly, but holy cow, the coverage right there at the end sure made it anti-climactic.

"congrats on the win, and stay tuned for 60 minutes..." LOL

I thought so too GB. I can only imagine if it was a major name, we would have seen more.
I kinda thought the same thing. As soon as he sank the putt, they ran the credits and signed off.
Youd think that considering Kelly hadnt won in 7 years that they would have at least interviewed him, but I guess not...

Pissed me off that they cut coverage off immediately afterwards. Would have been nice to give Jerry some face time. Guarantee you if it had been Phil or Tiger they would have had another hr of coverage afterwards.

Pissed me off that they cut coverage off immediately afterwards. Would have been nice to give Jerry some face time. Guarantee you if it had been Phil or Tiger they would have had another hr of coverage afterwards.
I agree. Youd think that considering he hadnt won in 7 years they would hev interviewed him.
They did the same thing on Saturday, they didnt even show Kelly play holes 17 and 18 because they said had to show the national nightly news, yet they ran infomercials for an hour before the news was on...:angry:

Anybody else hear McCord asking about aligator sausge on Saturday? They were talking about how they had aligator sausage at the concession stand and the conversation went something like this:
McCord: "Aligator sausage??? Whats it made from...aligator???"
The other commentators: "Ummm....Yup."
McCord: "Really??? Whats it taste like???"
The other commentators: "Chicken *laughing*"
McCord: "Interesting. Aligators dont look very appitizing, but Id be willing to try it."
Maybe its just me, but McCord seems obsessed with the local wildlife. Usually he talks about birds, but this week it was alligators.

And he seemed shocked that Jim Nance had eaten it.

Nance: Yeah, throw it on a bun and it's great.

And he seemed shocked that Jim Nance had eaten it.

Nance: Yeah, throw it on a bun and it's great.
Yeah, no kidding. Ive eaten all kinds of weird foot and its great. Elk, bear, rattlesnake, aligator; its all good. :D

I had a great tortiose soup in New Orleans once. I'm not a big eater of odd things, but it really was very good soup.

Sabbatini was robbed!!!!! It sucked to see him lose like he did. Hopefully Rory can put it together completely at the Quail Hollow Championship. Go ahead guys and throw eggs at me. I don't care. Rory should of won today.:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

He should have putted better. He robbed himself. No one else to blame. Missing two short putts on that short par 4 (16 I think) did him in. WHat kind of putter did he use? Because he needs a new one.

Sabbatini was robbed!!!!! It sucked to see him lose like he did. Hopefully Rory can put it together completely at the Quail Hollow Championship. Go ahead guys and throw eggs at me. I don't care. Rory should of won today.:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

No kidding? I missed the stick-up.

All I saw was him not playing good enough to win.

Kelly played well, he ground it out, and deserved the win.

No kidding? I missed the stick-up.

All I saw was him not playing good enough to win.

Kelly played well, he ground it out, and deserved the win.

He had some bad bounces, and lip outs. I guess that is a part of the game. But I think he was the best tee to green.Just was not his time:at-wits-end:

I didnt think he was. He played well and has been except Tampa. But he was not IMHO this week

Thats the funny thing about golf, when you dont win, you really have no one to blame but yourself.
Rory didnt get robbed, he simply didnt plan good enough to win. Besides, Jerry Kelly was long overdue for a win.

Back