Help with a new bag

vancej200

Reaction score
Handicap
[FONT=.SFUIText]So I've been looking to update my bag I've been using a lot of my dads older clubs (5-7 years old) and I'm looking to update and make a bag of my own.[/FONT][FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]I currently have a Nike VR_S Covert 2.0 which is to only club I don't plan on changing, I've been hitting it just the way I've wanted to, a old spectra ceramic matrix 3 wood from my dad that I hit pretty straight regularly, wouldn't mind sticking with it. No 5 wood, no hybrids (not a fan, don't hit them as well as my lower irons), Affinity GTX irons 3-PW which I do love, probably gonna keep them unless I find a good deal on new irons. A no name 56* wedge and a couple older putters, a Dunlop DDH dimple face putter and a Select Edition Putter, not a fan of either.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Now I'm looking into upgrading my wood or just getting a 5 wood, I was thinking a Titleist 910f or Callaway XR or Xhot for both of not then just a 5W, maybe a two iron if there is too big of a distance gap between the 5W and 3i. I was thinking bombtech wedges (the three for $99 deal) or older Cleveland wedges. I'm just not sure which lofts I should be getting. And I'm between a odyssey tank #7 or white hot RX 7. As well as switching to Vice Tour golf balls.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]

[FONT=.SFUIText]I'm completely open to opinions and anything I should change to help improve my bag. I'm looking for older models so I only have to throw $70 instead of $250. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Thanks![/FONT][/FONT]

xr woods are excellent. very hot, high launchers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out global golf or another used club retailer. You can get SM5 and SM6 wedges for pretty reasonable especially now you will be able to find sales. I like your choices with the putters. As said before the callaway xr woods get great reviews. One other to consider is the Taylormade Aeroburner HL 3 wood it's actually a 16 degree. I find mine to be very forgiving. I would just search around the used club sites. Global golf. Callaway pre owned. Taylormade has pre owned clubs. Second swing. Etc. just be patient. Unfortunately the only way to know if they work for you is to try them out.

If you end up deciding to throw a 2 iron in there I highly recommend the Adams Super dhy in 18*. It's been a huge fairway finder for me, even with a poor shaft currently in it. Great feel off the head and is extremely versatile off the tee. Also if you're trying to save a bit on balls the Top Flight Gamers (and Gamer Tours if you want/need that urethane cover) are an excellent and inexpensive option just like the Vice balls. Just my two cents, have fun building your bag!

Back