THP Golf Leagues & Weekly Events Thread

Had my first day of league last night. It's 4 man teams and you split into 2 and play hcp match play. Your lowest hcp player vs their lowest and so on. I've never played match play before really so it was very eye opening for me. The thought process hole to hole and on certain shots is just different to me than stoke play. I made some stupid choices like going for a long putt trying to make it instead of just lagging it close, I put it about 5ft past the hole, missed that putt and split the hole instead of winning it. Being aware of what your opponent is doing was a big part of it too. In the end I think we ended up splitting the match but this was a great learning experience and prep for #THPLegacy. It was one of the reasons I joined this league and so glad I did.

Definitely a different game. Glad you are getting the experience before THPLegacy

It's our first of four alternates night of the season tomorrow. 48 two-man teams with their alternate to make it three man teams for most teams (not everyone shows up with their third player). So a possibility of 144 (more like 130, probably) guys out on the course to play nine holes at 5:30. Half on each nine. So we gotta deal with sixsomes, ugh!

I think next year, they are going to try to add eight more teams next year to get us up to 56 teams and skip the alternates. We turned away more than that who wanted to play.

Damn dude. We had to scrape to get 12 players in my league.

We have 16 in my league. I sort of like the smaller league.
I shot a 42 today. My opponent shot a 38, he was giving me 3 strokes so I lost 14-9. The guy I played was a college golfer. It's been a while since college, but he was pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shot a 42 today. My opponent shoe a 38, he was giving me 3 strokes so I lost 14-9. The guy I played was a college golfer. It's been a while since college, but he was pretty good.

Depends on the league. Lots of company leagues are smaller. Our biggest is around 28 players. Most are in the dozen or so range.

The two big leagues are the leagues put on by the course: the Senior Men's league is 75 players; the Men's league is 96.

I shot a 42 today. My opponent shoe a 38, he was giving me 3 strokes so I lost 14-9. The guy I played was a college golfer. It's been a while since college, but he was pretty good.

How you doing mister?
Where's your league at?

How you doing mister?
Where's your league at?

Doing good. My league is at Fieldstone which is by the Palace. 56 guys is a pretty big league

Had 137 show up for league tonight.

We shot even par 35 in a three man scramble. Bogeyed our first hole (#14) and birdied #12. All the rest were pars.

So we're going to try this in a couple of weeks and see what kind of turnout we get. If it works, it's going to be a weekly evening league. We don't have any grand illusions of it matching the Mens League of course, but if we can get it to the size of our biggest company league, it will be a resounding success. That would be 28 players, which we have on our Blue Cross/Blue Shield league on Thursdays.

We picked Tuesday because our League we have that night has had disappointing turnouts every week so far. It was supposed to be 28 people, and the most they have had is 16 once. They are usually 12 or less (8 is about normal).

girls%20night%20out.jpg

So... I just looked at the league schedule for this coming week. I have a massive challenge ahead of me on Tuesday. I am GIVING TEN strokes in a 9-hole match.

I have never given that many. I think the most I have ever given is like 5 or 6 and that was over 18 holes.

This is a unique team of two high handicappers. I am the A player on our team, with a 9 league handicap currently. My opponent plays to a 19 league handicap so far.

Due to weather, we are only two weeks completed in the league, and I haven't had a good round yet (46 both times) so I know I have a better score in me. And I see that my opponent has put up a 58 and 56 so far. But that gives me no comfort at all because all he has to do is be just a little bit better than before and I will get crushed unless I set a PB for the round (my best 9 hole score ever is 40).

And my teammate, who usually gets around 5 strokes so far this year, is only getting 2 this week.

If we can remain in first place after this week, we will have earned it.

I shot a 41 tonight and lost. I was getting 2 strokes and the guy I played had a 38.
We surrounded the hole on this hole and I was the only one to miss the birdie putt
7c5cd557745820e194e6807bc224f55f.jpg

Shot 48 tonight. Was giving 10 strokes but still managed to win 4 holes and tied one hole and tied net score. I just can't seem to get things going in league play this year. Doesn't help that it takes 3 hours to finish 9 holes each week.

Shot 48 tonight. Was giving 10 strokes but still managed to win 4 holes and tied one hole and tied net score. I just can't seem to get things going in league play this year. Doesn't help that it takes 3 hours to finish 9 holes each week.

My league usually takes three hours to, but we actually got done in 2 1/2 hours tonight

A horrible 41 in a two man shamble tonight. That should cement us in the middle of C flight.

Even had a almost hole in one by my partner on our second hole. Hit about a foot from the hole and stopped two feet from the hole and got the birdie. One par and seven bogeys later, a 6-over 41.

My league usually takes three hours to, but we actually got done in 2 1/2 hours tonight

I have one more week playing with the rest of the league, then I have to take a 7-week hiatus from playing on league night. Ryan is doing pre t-ball and I agreed to coach his team, and it's on the same night as my league. I'm not going to pay all the money for league to have someone sub for me for half of it, so I will be pre-playing the rounds. Be interesting to see if a faster pace of play will lead to any change in scores. I know that slow play does not affect me emotionally (as in I don't go off the rails like some do) but if I do get in a groove it would be easier to maintain on my own. Getting into a groove has been hard to do for me this year in league play so far.

We played a two man shamble and it was cart path only, and we played in about two hours tonight.

I have one more week playing with the rest of the league, then I have to take a 7-week hiatus from playing on league night. Ryan is doing pre t-ball and I agreed to coach his team, and it's on the same night as my league. I'm not going to pay all the money for league to have someone sub for me for half of it, so I will be pre-playing the rounds. Be interesting to see if a faster pace of play will lead to any change in scores. I know that slow play does not affect me emotionally (as in I don't go off the rails like some do) but if I do get in a groove it would be easier to maintain on my own. Getting into a groove has been hard to do for me this year in league play so far.

I absolutely think it's easier to score better when your round is going faster. You can get on a roll and keep it going, instead of waiting so long between shots.

Shot my best league round to date yesterday, +4 for 9 holes. Our team really needed a low net score, and I'm happy that I was able to provide it. Putter was on fire yesterday.

~Rock

Shot an 80 today in league with 3 birdies, two of which should get me skins and a closest-to-the-pin on #9. The 80 should get me in the top 5 for gross so it was a profitable day :clapp:

I shot a 44 tonight. I didn't play that great, luckily I chipped in 2 times, one was for a double bogey.

My league woes continued. Played the first 5 holes in +14. Played the last 4 in +1 to card a 51. While I'm happy I turned it around these slow starts are murdering me.

I might have won closest to the pin though.

I was giving my opponent 5 strokes and it turned out that my chip in on the last hole gave me the win

We had our first "Girls Night Out" event tonight. Jacqui got to play in it. I wasn't around, I left around 2:00. I have not heard how it went yet.

Played in my company golf league for the first time Monday. Finished dead last for the week. +3 after 9 holes in a 4 person scramble. To say we are hacks would be a compliment. :laugh: It's a running tally though, so hopefully we can redeem ourselves next week.

Back