Nippon Shafts
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 222627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Cleveland Launcher CBX Irons

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Thanks for the responses. I ended up going to a Srixon/Cleveland demo day and ended up ordering a set (4-D) along with a 56 and 60 degree CBX wedges. Canít wait to get them. The Srixon 585s were tempting but the CBX seeemed like a better value for my level.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gespinosa23 For This Useful Post:

2BFAST (11-15-2018), kevin81002 (11-15-2018), Qwkz51 (11-15-2018), Song Dog (11-15-2018)

Wiener Dog
    Handicap
    Trending..
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,862 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gespinosa23 View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I ended up going to a Srixon/Cleveland demo day and ended up ordering a set (4-D) along with a 56 and 60 degree CBX wedges. Can’t wait to get them. The Srixon 585s were tempting but the CBX seeemed like a better value for my level.
    Awesome! You wont be disappointed! They are an iron that really flys under the radar and really need more credit than they do. Crazy forgiving, good looking, and just all around fun.

What shafts did you get with them?

Also the CBX wedges are awesome too, the big V soles really cut through the turf, and really easy to chip with again with the big soles.
    Brian
    --------------------
    In my - Black / Red 14 Way Cart Bag:
    Driver - F9 9.5* HeLium Proto F5 49g 4X stiff 45"
    Driver 2 - F8 10.5* the ATTAS 7s 43"
    3I - ZU85 20* Recoil 95 F4
    4I - ZU85 23* Recoil 95 F4
    5I-PW - Z765 Recoil 110 F4
    GW - RTX-4 50* Mid Recoil 110 F4
    SW - RTX-4 54* Mid Recoil 125 F4
    LW - RTX-4 58* Full Recoil 125 F4 Proto
    Grips - MCC +4 Midsize Grey Color
    Putter - DB2x 34" Rosemark Black/White Grip
    Ball - Q Star Tour

THP Regional Rivalry - ILL/MO vs MN/WI Champions sponsored by
    @ Tournament Club of Iowa Des Moines
    2018 The Game Changer by with World Long Drive Champion & Tour Pro Jamie Sadlowski @ Talking Stick Resort Scottsdale
    Shaft Up #3 by @ Olympia Fields Country Club Chicago
    2018 Shaft Up Finale by @ Mission Inn Club Orlando

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2BFAST For This Useful Post:

Qwkz51 (11-15-2018), Snickerdog (11-15-2018)

Wiener Dog
    Handicap
    Trending..
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,862 Posts
    Hello all. Iím considering getting a set of these clubs and am wondering how they are holding up. Iíve seen a few posts showing some wear on the clubs and was wondering how much worse (or not) itís gotten. Thanks.
    Also, sorry I missed this post.

I got mine in April of this year....and they have been all over the country traveling and several local rounds and many many range sessions. Still great shape. They wont be one that wears out quick.
    Brian
    --------------------
    Ball - Q Star Tour

2018 The Game Changer by with World Long Drive Champion & Tour Pro Jamie Sadlowski @ Talking Stick Resort Scottsdale

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BFAST View Post
    Awesome! You wont be disappointed! They are an iron that really flys under the radar and really need more credit than they do. Crazy forgiving, good looking, and just all around fun.

What shafts did you get with them?

Also the CBX wedges are awesome too, the big V soles really cut through the turf, and really easy to chip with again with the big soles.
    I ordered them with the stock DG DST 98 shafts in S-flex with some adjustments for length and low. I probably shouldíve tried more shafts but the fitter at the local big golf store (Roger Dunn) and the Cleveland rep at the demo day seemed to think the performance of the stock shaft was good for me.

Iím excited to get them along with the CBX wedges that will replace some really old Cleveland RTG ones. The CBX wedges were so much easier to hit. I havenít played Cleveland clubs since my old TA5s, which were great, fly under the radar, clubs as well.

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    First post here, hoping someone has thoughts on rogues vs CBX's. I had my mind set on Rogue irons, and since someone mentioned the CBX's to me I am becoming more interested. After reading this thread I want to try the CBX's. Hoping someone here has tried both.

Cheers

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    594 Posts
    I've not had a chance to hit the Rogue irons yet. That being said dollar for dollar the CBX is a great iron!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "You can't fix yesterday, you can only do better tomorrow"

Driver: Cleveland HB - 9* Project X HZRDUS/Callaway Epic SZ-9* Rogue 130MSI
    3 Wd: HB - 15* Oban Kyoshi
    Hybrid HB Ė 19* Oban Kyoshi/Srixon U45 20* Paderson Kinetix
    Irons: CBX 4-PW DG Tour X100
    GW: CBX (50*) DG Tour X100
    Wedges: Rtx3 54*/58* KBS Black
    Putter: TFI 2135 SATIN - RHO PUTTER

Mini Tour Player
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    356 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hockory View Post
    First post here, hoping someone has thoughts on rogues vs CBX's. I had my mind set on Rogue irons, and since someone mentioned the CBX's to me I am becoming more interested. After reading this thread I want to try the CBX's. Hoping someone here has tried both.

Cheers
    As stated many times on my posts, I work at Golf Galaxy so I get to see and use every single club that comes out. I really prefer the CBX irons over the Rogues. The lofts are almost identical with the exception of the 4 iron and 8 iron. With both of them, the Rogue is a whopping half degree weaker. Other than that lofts are identical across the board.

The big difference is the actual shape of them. The Rogue has more offset than the CBX. Using their measurements on each site, the CBX 4 iron has roughly the same amount of offset as the Rogue Sand Wedge. Everyone is different but as someone who has played blades and players CB irons prior to the CBX, that was the number one standout. They just look amazing behind the ball for a forgiving iron.

I've noticed the CBX spins slightly more and launches slightly higher than the Rogue irons. The launch can have something to do with the offset of the club. The more offset you have, the lower launch you will tend to produce and vice versa. The spin could be attributed to that wedge-like milling on the face.

The Rogue is a couple yards longer due to the lower spin but it's not enough to make me second guess which clubs I'm hitting on the course.

I'm not just sweet talking the CBX irons because I have them and I was picked for the Cleveland event last year. They are just incredible clubs that everyone has to see for themselves. Before the event, I would have walked right past a Cleveland stand if it was anything but wedges. Now, they're one of the ones I'm really looking forward to when they decide to release new clubs.

Bonus story: In Tiger's early years, he used a reverse combo set to dial in his launch and spin. He would use irons with less offset in the longer clubs and more offset in the short clubs so that his long irons would launch a little higher and his short irons would launch a little lower.
    In my - Black 14 Way Stand Bag:
    Driver - F9 9*
    Prototype C13-S3X1 73 X 45"
    Driver 2 -
    Launcher HB 9* RIP Alpha 70 X 44"
    3W -
    Launcher HB 15* Kaula Mizu 8X
    5W -
    Launcher HB 18* Kaula Mizu 8X
    2I - Maltby KE4 Tour HDI 19*
    RIP Alpha 85 X
    5I-PW -
    CBX Modus 3 125 X
    GW - RTX-3 51* Mid
    Custom White X
    SW - RTX-3 56* Mid
    Custom White X
    LW - RTX-3 61* Mid
    Custom White X
    Grips -
    Sonar Midsize +6 wraps
    Putter -
    Queen B 8 Lamkin Deep Etch Cord
    Ball -
    AVX

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheLetterSee For This Useful Post:

Qwkz51 (01-21-2019)

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,488 Posts

Cheers
    I have tried the rogue, they are a great set of irons, felt a bit better to me than the CBX, but I didn't find a big defference between them perfomance wise. the stock shafts are better in the rogue IMO. but the CBX are a better value
    Launcher HB 10.5 AD DI 6S
    Launcher HB 3W AD DI 6S
    Launcher HB 3H oban Devotion 9
    Launcher CBX 4-P Recoil 780 ES
    CBX 48*Recoil 780 ES
    RTX 54* high bounce KBS Custom White
    RTX 60* low bounce KBS Custom White
    m2
    Z-star

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MPlefty For This Useful Post:

Qwkz51 (01-21-2019)

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    594 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLetterSee View Post
    As stated many times on my posts, I work at Golf Galaxy so I get to see and use every single club that comes out. I really prefer the CBX irons over the Rogues. The lofts are almost identical with the exception of the 4 iron and 8 iron. With both of them, the Rogue is a whopping half degree weaker. Other than that lofts are identical across the board.

The big difference is the actual shape of them. The Rogue has more offset than the CBX. Using their measurements on each site, the CBX 4 iron has roughly the same amount of offset as the Rogue Sand Wedge. Everyone is different but as someone who has played blades and players CB irons prior to the CBX, that was the number one standout. They just look amazing behind the ball for a forgiving iron.

I've noticed the CBX spins slightly more and launches slightly higher than the Rogue irons. The launch can have something to do with the offset of the club. The more offset you have, the lower launch you will tend to produce and vice versa. The spin could be attributed to that wedge-like milling on the face.

The Rogue is a couple yards longer due to the lower spin but it's not enough to make me second guess which clubs I'm hitting on the course.

I'm not just sweet talking the CBX irons because I have them and I was picked for the Cleveland event last year. They are just incredible clubs that everyone has to see for themselves. Before the event, I would have walked right past a Cleveland stand if it was anything but wedges. Now, they're one of the ones I'm really looking forward to when they decide to release new clubs.

Bonus story: In Tiger's early years, he used a reverse combo set to dial in his launch and spin. He would use irons with less offset in the longer clubs and more offset in the short clubs so that his long irons would launch a little higher and his short irons would launch a little lower.
    Am I thinking of the Epics? One of the Callaway offerings the lofts were way up?

Mini Tour Player
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    356 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwkz51 View Post
    Am I thinking of the Epics? One of the Callaway offerings the lofts were way up?

The Rogue X irons which are they biggest, most forgiving iron has stronger lofts than those. There are 3 irons in the Rogue family: Rogue Pro, Rogue, and Rogue X. The CBX is similar in size to the Rogue Pro with a degree or so stronger loft.
    In my - Black 14 Way Stand Bag:
    Driver - F9 9*
    Prototype C13-S3X1 73 X 45"
    Driver 2 -
    Launcher HB 9* RIP Alpha 70 X 44"
    3W -
    Launcher HB 15* Kaula Mizu 8X
    5W -
    Launcher HB 18* Kaula Mizu 8X
    2I - Maltby KE4 Tour HDI 19*
    RIP Alpha 85 X
    5I-PW -
    CBX Modus 3 125 X
    GW - RTX-3 51* Mid
    Custom White X
    SW - RTX-3 56* Mid
    Custom White X
    LW - RTX-3 61* Mid
    Custom White X
    Grips -
    Sonar Midsize +6 wraps
    Putter -
    Queen B 8 Lamkin Deep Etch Cord
    Ball -
    AVX

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TheLetterSee For This Useful Post:

Qwkz51 (01-21-2019)

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    594 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLetterSee View Post
    The Rogue X irons which are they biggest, most forgiving iron has stronger lofts than those. There are 3 irons in the Rogue family: Rogue Pro, Rogue, and Rogue X. The CBX is similar in size to the Rogue Pro with a degree or so stronger loft.
    Ah..okay I remember somebody posing a loft chart and thinking dang, they really getting up there!

Wiener Dog
    Handicap
    Trending..
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,862 Posts
    I’m excited to get them along with the CBX wedges that will replace some really old Cleveland RTG ones. The CBX wedges were so much easier to hit. I haven’t played Cleveland clubs since my old TA5s, which were great, fly under the radar, clubs as well.
    Sorry I missed this post. Let us know when you get some miles on them. Looking forward to seeing your thoughts on them.

Cheers
    Although I havnt hit the Rogues I have been around them as a guy I know has them. The offset is the killer for me but I cant speak for any other aspect of them. Im sure they are a great iron, but visually I just cant do that offset. With the CBXs, fortunately they don't have much offset until you get to the 4i and even then its not bad. Im like the other guys, if I was in the market for a set of GI irons, I would of walked past both of these. Rogues for the offset and Cleveland cause...well just wouldn't think to buy them honestly.

Here is my honest opinion on the CBXs. Visually, they aren't bad. They are clean, but I am a chrome / polished kind of guy. The blue insert in the cavity back is still clean, but for a guy that's OCD like me I wouldnt of gravitated towards it. But, that is totally me and its me nitpicking as they over all look clean in the bag. The top line still says GI, but its not SGI. Top line is still easy on the eye for sure. Performance wise, they can stand with any of the GI irons on the market. Im not afraid to say I got away with WAYYYY more poorly struck shots than I deserved. Some were so bad I felt guilty when they still landed on the green. They are for sure no doubt about it a killer bang for the buck GI iron that should be considered if someone is looking to make a change.
    Brian
    --------------------
    Ball - Q Star Tour

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 2BFAST For This Useful Post:

kevin81002 (01-22-2019)

In Search of a Dang Swing kevin81002's Avatar
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,256 Posts
    Sorry I missed this post. Let us know when you get some miles on them. Looking forward to seeing your thoughts on them.

Although I havnt hit the Rogues I have been around them as a guy I know has them. The offset is the killer for me but I cant speak for any other aspect of them. Im sure they are a great iron, but visually I just cant do that offset. With the CBXs, fortunately they don't have much offset until you get to the 4i and even then its not bad. Im like the other guys, if I was in the market for a set of GI irons, I would of walked past both of these. Rogues for the offset and Cleveland cause...well just wouldn't think to buy them honestly.

Here is my honest opinion on the CBXs. Visually, they aren't bad. They are clean, but I am a chrome / polished kind of guy. The blue insert in the cavity back is still clean, but for a guy that's OCD like me I wouldnt of gravitated towards it. But, that is totally me and its me nitpicking as they over all look clean in the bag. The top line still says GI, but its not SGI. Top line is still easy on the eye for sure. Performance wise, they can stand with any of the GI irons on the market. Im not afraid to say I got away with WAYYYY more poorly struck shots than I deserved. Some were so bad I felt guilty when they still landed on the green. They are for sure no doubt about it a killer bang for the buck GI iron that should be considered if someone is looking to make a change.
    I agree. They have TONS of forgiveness. Like you, I also prefer the clean looks of a polished finish iron, which is why I went back to the Z565. But performance wise, the CBX irons are pretty dang good. My only real critique is they don't seem to spin as much. I've noticed alot of shots that should have held the green that didn't. Not sure if it was me or the clubs til I took the CBX and 2 other irons I have to my fitter to hit on Trackman. Results showed the CBX 7i to spin 500-2k rpm less for me. I'm sure results would be different from person to person. But for me and my wonky swing, that's what I saw.
    Z565 10.5, THCE Custom Shaft
    915f 3 and 5w, both with Matrix Red Tie 70Q4 X
    816 H1 21*, Fuji Motore 9.2X
    Z565 5-PW, PX LZ 6.5 Shafts
    RTX3 Tour Raw 50, 56, 60, Tour 130x
    California Fastback, 34", Pistol GT 2.0
    Handcrafted Experience 2016 with
    and THP
    THP Regional Rivalry: SoCal vs Norcal 2017
    2018 with THP,
    and Jamie Sadlowski

20. The Following User Says Thank You to kevin81002 For This Useful Post:

2BFAST (01-22-2019)

Hacker From OZ
    Handicap
    GA 18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    252 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin81002 View Post
    I agree. They have TONS of forgiveness. Like you, I also prefer the clean looks of a polished finish iron, which is why I went back to the Z565. But performance wise, the CBX irons are pretty dang good. My only real critique is they don't seem to spin as much. I've noticed alot of shots that should have held the green that didn't. Not sure if it was me or the clubs til I took the CBX and 2 other irons I have to my fitter to hit on Trackman. Results showed the CBX 7i to spin 500-2k rpm less for me. I'm sure results would be different from person to person. But for me and my wonky swing, that's what I saw.
    I went for a fitting with Srixon Cleveland I really loved the look of the Srixon 565 Irons but they just couldnít compete with the CBX for performance but in the Woods I couldnít go past the Srixon 565ís for performance over the CBX Woods so I went with Srixon 565 Driver Fairway Hybrid and Utility Iron and Cleveland irons and wedges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Driver: Z 565 9.5*
    Fairway: Z F65 13.5*
    Utility Irons:Z U65 20*,23*
    Irons: Launcher CBX 5-P
    Wedges:
    CBX 48*,52,*56*
    Putter:
    Red Ball
    Ball:
    ​ e6 Soft (Yellow)

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aussie Dave For This Useful Post:

kevin81002 (01-24-2019), MPlefty (01-23-2019)

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dave View Post
    I went for a fitting with Srixon Cleveland I really loved the look of the Srixon 565 Irons but they just couldnít compete with the CBX for performance but in the Woods I couldnít go past the Srixon 565ís for performance over the CBX Woods so I went with Srixon 565 Driver Fairway Hybrid and Utility Iron and Cleveland irons and wedges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a sweet bag!
    Launcher HB 10.5 AD DI 6S
    Launcher HB 3W AD DI 6S
    Launcher HB 3H oban Devotion 9
    Launcher CBX 4-P Recoil 780 ES
    CBX 48*Recoil 780 ES
    RTX 54* high bounce KBS Custom White
    RTX 60* low bounce KBS Custom White
    m2
    Z-star