XXIO Prime Driver

5 players tested this driver this morning on the range (strangers to me) and here is some data. None of this feedback is my own as I did not hit it today. This is playing stock at 10.5 degrees with the SR shaft (which is stiff/regular). Here are the drivers used by the 5 golfers.

Callaway XHot
Ping G25
TaylorMade R1
TaylorMade R11S
TaylorMade RBZ

All golfers testing had a swing speed under 98.7 with most right between the 88-95 mark. All golfers were with in the range of 10-16 handicap index. 4 of 5 golfers achieved more carry distance with the XXIO.

Averaging all five golfers numbers.
Carry distance with their driver - 206.71 yards
Carry distance with XXIO - 219.42

This is just an early test as each player hit their driver and this driver 8-10 times and alternated in between shots. The worst and the best were kicked out to keep a steady number and eliminate outliers.

One of the reasons for the large increase was that two players got extreme distance increases (R11S and RBZ). In a twist of irony, the RBZ player, hit the first one exactly 17 yards further than his first one with his driver. The golfer with the R1 is the only golfer that did not see an increase in carry distance. He average 1.9 yards more with his R1 (he hit the XXIO way too high).

Swing Speed increased across the board
Ball speed increased across the board
Closer to middle increased across the board

Hope this is good first info for everybody.

Love seeing actual data from joes just like me. Sounds like the high price of these clubs could be worth it for a good % of people.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JB. Good info above.
Curious. Did you get the loft and flex of their current drivers ?

JB. Good info above.
Curious. Did you get the loft and flex of their current drivers ?

They were all 10.5 degrees matching this driver, which is why they were chosen.

They were all 10.5 degrees matching this driver, which is why they were chosen.

Good to know. Assuming their shafts were either R or S given that loft.

219 carry is an impressive avg for somebody around 90 mph.

Curious what was the avg total distance ?

Of the 4 who had gains, any of them running out to buy it ?

Still, that is a significant increase even for an average! Will be interesting to compare this to my 10.5 XHot.

JM

Good to know. Assuming their shafts were either R or S given that loft.

219 carry is an impressive avg for somebody around 90 mph.

Curious what was the avg total distance ?

We dont save total distance, because its a meaningless number in terms of data.
Considering geography plays the largest difference maker.

I totally disagree with the above statement. I do agree that carry distance is more important but we play from our total distance not our carry distance on the course.

I totally disagree with the above statement. I do agree that carry distance is more important but we play from our total distance not our carry distance on the course.

And your carry distance where you live would be different than the carry distance here. I choose to deal with the fewest variables.

The best part of all of that, you can run your very own test with this (or any other) driver at a THP Event on this very device and find out exactly what works for you and include total distance. Including one in your own area this year.

My tests, will be done with carry distance, since there are very few variables.

I subscribe to the saying, carry doesn't lie. Its the most consistent and non lying number we can look at to provide information on a club/clubs across the gamut when it comes to distance aspects of performance. Its why I do the same in all my review data collection, I could get upwards of 30+ yards more roll than a ton of places, but carry travels.

I subscribe to the saying, carry doesn't lie. Its the most consistent and non lying number we can look at to provide information on a club/clubs across the gamut when it comes to distance aspects of performance. Its why I do the same in all my review data collection, I could get upwards of 30+ yards more roll than a ton of places, but carry travels.

Everyone should test how they like. I prefer to test outside on real grass in real weather conditions. I really don't care to use the LM or sims unless outside. Just me I guess. I don't like to hit balls from matts either.

I get this as I spend a few rounds playing down in MS each year where my roll goes on forever vs here in OH. I would say carry distance at both places is around the same as long as temps are roughly the same.

But I sort of get what majBC is saying too.

I have had drivers that carry further than my current gamer however in the slop here in OH that we play in most of the time that high launcher plugged on me. After going down from 12-13.5* drivers to a 10 set to 11* I get more of a mid launch that may not carry as far but it doesn't plug in those same conditions and overall ends up leading to longer drives for me.

Did you happen to record angle of descent? If so, would you mind sharing what the average was?

Still, that is a significant increase even for an average! Will be interesting to compare this to my 10.5 XHot.

JM
I sense big ol gains

Everyone should test how they like. I prefer to test outside on real grass in real weather conditions. I really don't care to use the LM or sims unless outside. Just me I guess. I don't like to hit balls from mars or inside either.

All of our tests are done outside.
The beauty of THP, we give you the data we record and then the ONLY place to offer you the same to collect your own data outside on a FlightScope (and again on the actual course) to use as you see fit. If someone chooses not to use the service, that is up to them.

Everyone should test how they like. I prefer to test outside on real grass in real weather conditions. I really don't care to use the LM or sims unless outside. Just me I guess. I don't like to hit balls from mars or inside either.

We do all our work outside, FWIW.

Carry distance may not lie but real life outside on grass is the truest form of data one can have, Imo. I have seen readings on sims and LM that didn't prove true in real life to put much stock in those results. Probably just me.

Carry distance may not lie but real life outside on grass is the truest form of data one can have, Imo. I have seen readings on sims and LM that didn't prove true in real life to put much stock in those results. Probably just me.
Again, all data collection is done outside, on grass, in the real world, FWIW.

5 players tested this driver this morning on the range (strangers to me) and here is some data. None of this feedback is my own as I did not hit it today. This is playing stock at 10.5 degrees with the SR shaft (which is stiff/regular). Here are the drivers used by the 5 golfers.

Callaway XHot
Ping G25
TaylorMade R1
TaylorMade R11S
TaylorMade RBZ

All golfers testing had a swing speed under 98.7 with most right between the 88-95 mark. All golfers were with in the range of 10-16 handicap index. 4 of 5 golfers achieved more carry distance with the XXIO.

Averaging all five golfers numbers.
Carry distance with their driver - 206.71 yards
Carry distance with XXIO - 219.42

This is just an early test as each player hit their driver and this driver 8-10 times and alternated in between shots. The worst and the best were kicked out to keep a steady number and eliminate outliers.

One of the reasons for the large increase was that two players got extreme distance increases (R11S and RBZ). In a twist of irony, the RBZ player, hit the first one exactly 17 yards further than his first one with his driver. The golfer with the R1 is the only golfer that did not see an increase in carry distance. He average 1.9 yards more with his R1 (he hit the XXIO way too high).

Swing Speed increased across the board
Ball speed increased across the board
Closer to middle increased across the board

Hope this is good first info for everybody.
Bumping so its not lost in the shuffle.

Further confirmation this driver is legit.

Any chance you might try this real life test with the XXIO 9 as well? There are several XXIO 8s out there on eBay at about $300 (used). It looks like the 8th generation is where they went to the heavier head/lighter shaft. So maybe a lower cost option? These would appear to be a good fit for my swing. Ponder.

Any chance you might try this real life test with the XXIO 9 as well? There are several XXIO 8s out there on eBay at about $300 (used). It looks like the 8th generation is where they went to the heavier head/lighter shaft. So maybe a lower cost option? These would appear to be a good fit for my swing. Ponder.

I dont own a XXIO 9, so cant help you there. There will be one at Club Clash, so I would tune into that thread when it comes off in a few months.

Back