New video game "The Golf Club"

Tiger had a Country Club feature we used. Best I know there is not a group feature like that, but someone could set up a tour (multiple courses) or a tournament (individual course, up to 4 rounds) and name it THP something. I'm not sure if those cross systems though.
Just as in real life golf I would be the bottom of the leaderboard:(.I still can't figure out how people shoot low 60's in this game?Especially on hard tracks like yeti mountain with hard wind and all the trouble.When I ghost play,I try and pick the lowest scores.Some of these guys are hitting 350 plus on this game.How?

Can you folks tell me if this game can be played without going on the internet once it's downloaded. I live in the boonies and can't get enough bandwidth to be online much. Best game I've been able to find is the 2003 Links.

Any other suggestions would help also.

Thanks,

John

We won't see the results on the console, you can only see the leaderboard of players on your current console.

I was doing some reading on that, so to expand on Yantropov's comment.

The reason they won't let you see names of players on other consoles is that Sony and Microsoft won't allow user names from one to be seen on the other. Same reason that cross-console multiplayer isn't allowed.

Therefore, if I set up a tournament, I believe people on every console can see and play the tournament, but you will only see a leaderboard containing the users that played on your console.

Sounds like a spreadsheet is needed!!

Can you folks tell me if this game can be played without going on the internet once it's downloaded. I live in the boonies and can't get enough bandwidth to be online much. Best game I've been able to find is the 2003 Links.

Any other suggestions would help also.

Thanks,

John
Hey john.First off here is a hello to you.Second,I believe all of these newer systems require you to be online at all times.You can play the golf club offline and do the course designer and play the one default course.But that is all you will be able to do

Hey john.First off here is a hello to you.Second,I believe all of these newer systems require you to be online at all times.You can play the golf club offline and do the course designer and play the one default course.But that is all you will be able to do

Thanks for the Hello Chip,

That's really all I want to do is to play a course without getting online. Of course, there will be times I can get online, but most of the time it'll be just me and my computer with no connection. Sounds like that can be done with the default course. I'll be OK with that. Here in Northern Michigan we've got a long time before we can get on a course and this should give me a "fix" on the long winter nights.

Thanks again.

John

Yup addicting, now I need a bit of technical advice:

No problem on friday but today, My wife wanted to play, so turned on both controllers, she logged into a buddies psn, myself on mine, setup the guest as female golfer. We ended up having to pass the controller back and forth, for some reason using both controllers didn't work. Ideas???

LOL who the heck is punchy beef?

Yup addicting, now I need a bit of technical advice:

No problem on friday but today, My wife wanted to play, so turned on both controllers, she logged into a buddies psn, myself on mine, setup the guest as female golfer. We ended up having to pass the controller back and forth, for some reason using both controllers didn't work. Ideas???
We played yesterday as myself and then my brother as a guest. Even though he logged in to his psn account as well, it wouldn't let him use his name.

Anyway, he was able to use his controller by adding the player with his controller instead of me adding the player to the game with mine.

That's the name you decided to come up with?

It was the random one Xbox gave me, I thought it was funny, so kept it.

Punnnnccchhhhyyy Beeeeeeeeeeef

It was the random one Xbox gave me, I thought it was funny, so kept it.

Punnnnccchhhhyyy Beeeeeeeeeeef

Confirmed, it is amusing. Just random as all hell

Just played Dogwood Ranch and it ate me alive. Then again of the 10-20 rounds I've played I've never broke par on this game.

Never have considered myself a gamer.

Just played Dogwood Ranch and it ate me alive. Then again of the 10-20 rounds I've played I've never broke par on this game.

Never have considered myself a gamer.

I started to play it. The greens are like concrete.

I started to play it. The greens are like concrete.

A bit like our greens here in winter ! I played 66... Just play a club down and used the slope to roll onto the green

Ok im buying it

Captain Punchy Beef. I like it. ...!

Has this gotten any better? When I played in beta the physics were just awful.

Has this gotten any better? When I played in beta the physics were just awful.
It's good! Although I never played it in beta.

Back