Longest Chip-In Dry Spell

I had a pretty cool chip in for par yesterday. Little delicate downhiller that was more luck than skill. However, I executed it perfectly and it looked like I actually knew what I was doing. One of those that makes you pump the fist.

First chip in that I have had in quite a bit.

I have three chip-ins for eagle this year yet only one other for par. I'd prefer to keep that ratio going. ?
Forgot about a prior chip-in for birdie and I just had another today! On 18 for bird. 6 for the year now, I think (with other than putter. Although technically a chip-in, I guess, I don't count mine with putter in hand. Happily, quite a few of those too ?).

Sorry for the humble-brag but I'm psyched. Prior to last year, it was at least a couple of seasons since my last chip-in as my chipping was simply dreadful. I worked hard on my chipping last season and sunk just a couple.

This year has been great so far... DO want more!

Probably a year, but when I was in Buffalo I chipped in 3 times and the 4th rattled the stick.

My last one was March 28, 2017. But who's counting?

And had my next one October 26, 2017 so that spell was just about 7 months.

I chip in so infrequently it's not worth the effort to try to remember. That said, I happen to remember my last one, and it was back in July.

My last chip in was in July; 315y par 4, about 25 yards out chipped in for eagle.

I used my putter last week just off the green and holed it, does that count?

Been a little while but I got another chip in a week ago. In a superintendents revenge tournament. Had to hit lefty off the tee box. Don’t think I’ve ever hit a golf ball with a lefty driver in my life. Ripped it off the tee to about 30 yards off the green (dogleg left and yes I sliced the hell out of it) then chipped in for eagle. Didn’t even need the rest of the team in the scramble for that hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And had my next one October 26, 2017 so that spell was just about 7 months.

Chipped in from greenside today, about 30 yards total. Bump & run followed by a downhill rollout. Hopefully they are coming every three weeks/rounds now :)

My last chip in was in July; 315y par 4, about 25 yards out chipped in for eagle.

I used my putter last week just off the green and holed it, does that count?

It's not a putt, so sure it counts.

I remember the shot, but not what year it was. And it was a total blind-luck job, to boot. Had a maybe 15 yard chip to the edge of the green, totally skulled it, and the screamer hit the flag stick about three feet up, and dropped straight down into the cup.

I'd guess there would've had to have been dry spells that lasted maybe 4-6 months but I've never tracked it. I'll usually hole out at least a half dozen times a season but they happen pretty random. Even though it happened a long time ago, I can recall my best stretch clearly though, 3 hole outs in one round and then a 4th in my 2nd round that day.

Was two years - about 30 rounds. I was exclusively a pitch and run player until I heard Michael Breed walking a caller through the wedge-based chip. That weekend, I practiced for 15 minutes and chipped in on consecutive holes. Hasn't happened since, but I now have another shot in my arsenal.

Im not someone who does it often, so I imagine it's several months. I actually did it in my last round so it currently is not very long.

I very rarely chip in. Chipped-in for par on #1 today, after a flubbed "birdie" chip was woefully short. Might be the first time in a season.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Didn't do it this year. Holed a gap wedge from 118 though.

Solid work there...

I chipped in today as well. I feel like I have one every 9-10 rounds.... But I don't keep track or anything. I like to chip it anywhere from off the green... Even 3 ft away. It's fun.
I very rarely chip in. Chipped-in for par on #1 today, after a flubbed "birdie" chip was woefully short. Might be the first time in a season.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back