Longest Chip-In Dry Spell

MCGolfTM

Reaction score
Handicap
Just broke my 2 year chip-in dry spell today. Been a long time coming.

What's the longest you've gone without a chip-in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Life?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Depends if you count a putter from off the green as a chip or not.

Not sure but it has probably been longer then two years.

Longest Chip-In Dry Spell

I'm not sure but it happens fairly often for me. So not too awfully long in between, maybe between a couple-10 rounds. I don't fully track it.

Haha my last chip in was my first. The first round of golf I ever played about 12 years ago!

I'm not sure but it happens fairly often for me. So not too awfully long in between, maybe between a couple-10 rounds. I don't fully track it.

can confirm. it happens a ton for you!

me? almost never.

I found a stretch of 20 rounds with no zero putt.
This year I have 4 in 22 or so rounds.

I make multiple putts from off the green.
Wedge is maybe 1x a year

I think most of why I didn't make any chip ins for a long time is I was putting from off the green all last year as well. Forcing myself to get a better chip game and my new RTX-3s are helping big time. Can't chip in with out a wedge so that's why I'm forcing my game to change and it's improving quite a bit.

I'm good for a handful a season. Holed out a greenside bunker shot last week, that's always fun.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

I'd say I'm probably on a couple year streak myself. I've only ever had three of them. My first was from a greenside bunker, and the other two were with a 7 iron from just off the green. I've never had a true "fly it to the green and watch it roll into the cup" chip-in.

I'd say I chip in one or two shots every season (just had one during my last round). I've definitely had more luck sinking putts from off the green.

Been way too long! I think it was earlier this year but those feel better than a monster drive!

Used to be years until I got serious about building a great short game. Now my short game is such that I'll hole out several times during a chipping practice session of 30 minutes. So on the course it's more like 2 weeks to 2 months between hole outs. I was a half a revolution shy of one Friday and had two the week before, one in competition.

I'm convinced most of us could have a really good short game if we had the chance (good instruction + 90 minutes of chipping practice per week). Fact is most us haven't ever done that combination for weeks--much less months or years.

I have three chip-ins for eagle this year yet only one other for par. I'd prefer to keep that ratio going. ?

Long long time. I hit the lip often

I've had two this year, in about 13 rounds. That seems to be a little more often than usual. I miss a lot of greens so have plenty of chances though haha. Last one was about 5 rounds ago.

I'm usually good for one a year. I don't really remember exactly where the last one was but it's not really a common thing with me

Been about 2 years for me I think

My last one was March 28, 2017. But who's counting?

I have had 3 since I started playing last July. Last one was on Friday I was on the edge of the fringe and fairway, about 20 yards...the other was a 37 yard chip (I remember ranging it) and my first was probably 20 yards.

Great feeling

I chipped in on a par-5 yesterday from off the green for eagle...haven't chipped in a LONG time. Pretty awesome that it happened at the gauntlet too!

Not sure, but it's been over a year since my last one right now.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I don't really keep track but I know I've holed out from 40 yards this year and also twice from greenside bunkers.

Back