Ball fizz through the air

Asden105

Reaction score
Handicap
Why don't I hear the fizz through the air on my shots as I do other good ball strikers? Am I capable of hearing it, or is there a reason I can't hear my own ball as opposed to others?

I strike the ball clean, so I'd expect it to make this sound. But I don't hear it.

People often compliment me on my ball striking. So I know I'm striking it well compared to them, who have this sound.

I'm just curious is all lolol.

I would assume part of it is where you are standing at impact

My understanding is its based on where you are standing. On the range I have had people tell me "Man I'm trying to hit the ball so I can make that sound you're making" I reply with "You are, I can hear it."

Other times I have heard it when I strike the ball...either it was a great hit or the ball had a crack in it.

I've often thought of asking this same exact question. The answers given do make sense. I would be standing on the range, watching others hit these shots with that sound and wish I could do it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I know I'm hitting it correcting but I don't hear the sound because I'm behind it. Honestly I could care less about how it sounds as long it is doing what I intend it to do!

I was just curious lol. I have heard it on a dead pure 5 iron that I hit, but otherwise I hear it from other ball strikers. I guess they hear it when I hit it. I strike it pure anyway but I was just curious was all lol.

Back