What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice round Andrew. Glad to hear you're getting better distance out of your drives. Looks like your hard work is paying off. Just having birdie putts is something I'm not doing much of. When they start falling for you... you could reach a whole new level. Well done.
Thanks Brad, so nice to play and know where your shots are going. The last two weeks I've never heard that many great shot comments before. Someday I'll get close to scoring as good as you... ?

Don't quit on me yet.
Oh most definitely not, we our going to win it! me and tpluff have payback needed dished out

After well over a year lay off from golf(life gets in the way some times) I played my first round today and shot a 94. There was one birdie in there and several pars, it was the 6's and 7's after 3 puts that killed me. After that long off and only one range session, I'll take my 94 and be more than happy with it!

41/40=81

No worse than bogey, but just didn't have it today on the greens. So many lip outs or just misses by an inch.

41/40=81

No worse than bogey, but just didn't have it today on the greens. So many lip outs or just misses by an inch.

With the hogans?

41/40=81

Ugh that was me yesterday. Just couldn't get it done on the greens when ball striking was great. It happens, shake it off dude

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Ugh that was me yesterday. Just couldn't get it done on the greens when ball striking was great. It happens, shake it off dude

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Yep yep, but man I'd rather miss by a mile than by an inch lol

Yep, they won't leave the bag until the reviewing is over.

Within 3-4 strokes of your last few rounds and they are demanding irons. I would call it a win.

Within 3-4 strokes of your last few rounds and they are demanding irons. I would call it a win.
Oh yeah dude, for sure, some of the bogeys were fom penal misses, but my striking is pretty good right now. Down on a couple mental errors chipping getting cute for testing and the near misses putting.

Another 51 today *sigh*

18 total putts, but I had two three jacks and a four putt. The four putt really sunk my morale and was indicative of how my day went. Toughest hole on the course (par 4), I made GIR. Got off the tee well (236 yards) and then stripped my 5H that bounced just before the green and rolled up. Only problem is, it rolled all the way to the back. Left me with a 100 foot putt for birdie. I covered 70 feet of it before the wet greens slowed me down. Overcompensated on the next putt and put it 15 feet past. Overcompensated again and left it 6 inches short. Four putt for double bogey. Way to grab defeat out of the jaws of victory!

It was a wasted opportunity. Made 3 of 9 GIR today and only walked away with one par. No wonder my HDCP is horrible.

Another 51 today *sigh*

18 total putts, but I had two three jacks and a four putt. The four putt really sunk my morale and was indicative of how my day went. Toughest hole on the course (par 4), I made GIR. Got off the tee well (236 yards) and then stripped my 5H that bounced just before the green and rolled up. Only problem is, it rolled all the way to the back. Left me with a 100 foot putt for birdie. I covered 70 feet of it before the wet greens slowed me down. Overcompensated on the next putt and put it 15 feet past. Overcompensated again and left it 6 inches short. Four putt for double bogey. Way to grab defeat out of the jaws of victory!

It was a wasted opportunity. Made 3 of 9 GIR today and only walked away with one par. No wonder my HDCP is horrible.

Might just be me, but the putting is the easiest for me to get past, especially since you had 4 1-putts too? That's sniffing a mid 40s right there IMO.

Might just be me, but the putting is the easiest for me to get past, especially since you had 4 1-putts too? That's sniffing a mid 40s right there IMO.
Yeah, four one putts. Was just a rough morning. It started off bad (11 over after four) but did improve from there (5 over the rest of the way (par and 3 bogeys along with a double) with the three GIR). Thanks for putting it into perspective.

Shoot a 40/44 today with 2x three jacks and 2x double bogies on the back side. 3x FIRs and 7x GIRs.

Glutton for punishment, went for 9 more after lunch, and shot a 42 with a triple and a double, its 99 degrees out and I'm effing exhausted.

Glutton for punishment, went for 9 more after lunch, and shot a 42 with a triple and a double, its 99 degrees out and I'm effing exhausted.

But it's a dry heat right?

Just played my home course which is a little executive course not long by any stretch but tight and requires smart golf to be played. Shot a 3 over 38 with 2 birdies and it felt great! Finally feel like I am playing like I was last summer.

Shot a 99 on my last round. Just an awful round, but I did make my first eagle!

The highs of that round were really high, and the lows were really low. Really stoked about the eagle, but I was playing so incredibly bad... Putting was okay, driver were pretty good. Killed at least 5 fish with wayward irons, those were particularly sucky. Botched so many approach shots, it's not even funny.

Second round match play, not a good day for the ole lefty. Lots of lower back pain. I only made it through 13 holes to lose 6 and 5. He played well, just wish I could have been more competitive today. Highlight was #4 where I pitched in from 77 yards for 4 net 3--he also had a birdie 4.

I played the Neuse in Clayton, NC after work today. It's a great layout and in pretty good shape. Greens are pretty slow and are Bermuda, so the they don't break according to slope all the time. I had 2 putts today that broke up hill because of the grain of the grass. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but in not... Anywho, I started on the back to avoid some people that had just started on the front and shot 39 on the back, which is the tougher side and followed that up with a 40 on the front (easier 9). It was hot and humid out there today, but I hit the ball well and had a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot a 40/44 today with 2x three jacks and 2x double bogies on the back side. 3x FIRs and 7x GIRs.

Tied my PB..
74...35/39.... With 2x 3 jacks... Grrrr.. 8/14 FIRs , 12/18 GIRs.. 30putts... 3 birds and 2 sand saves... And 1 hozzle rocket ( on 17, while thinking I could shoot a PB) .. Had a great time today Ryan..

48 with 5, count em, FIVE three jacks. I am so bloody lost right now.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Day late: Shot another 42 yesterday. Starting off I thought I was going to break 40 for a lunch 9er. There are only two poor shots that stand out: One unfortunate bounce off the side of a green put me behind a tree, and I over turned a 4iron going for a Par 5 in two, just a couple of feet OB off the left side of the green.

I have been complaining about my short game, but it is really coming together. I feel confident that if I miss a green I have a good chance to go up and down. I have been playing holes in a sort of autopilot way, just playing straight shots at center locations for fairways and greens. I am going to start to mix that up and work in some better angles and even try to shape the ball here and there. Hopefully I can cash in more, and the short game can hold me up where I flail. :bomb:

Shot even par 36 on the front 9 of my home course. Managed to do so using only irons which was pretty cool, although definitely a big stretch.

Started with a bogey on the longest par 4 (first hole) and finished with a ho-hum birdie on the Par 5 9th.

Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back