Push-fade with driver

Asden105

Reaction score
Handicap
I hit my irons very well, able to curve the ball both ways.

However, that's not the story with my driver.

I often push fade the ball, even though I'm playing for the ball that fades. The ball never starts left, it always starts in the center and fades back. 4 penalty shots last round because of it.

Any way to fix this?

Note: I've never been good with my driver, therefore I think a bit of practice might help. But I'm in search of a fix, so that I can hit a normal fade, starting left, and curving back, as opposed to pushing right, and curving right.

I know it's a path to face issue, but I'm not sure how to correct it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Asden105

Get more roll on driver

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...0&share_tid=92010&share_fid=1297&share_type=t

This is one of the first threads you started. Same issue with the fade. If you're hitting a push fade then the ball is starting right and continuing right. This means you're in front of the ball at impact and you club face is square to the line the ball starts on....right of target.

If you work on the principals you work on with your irons, the driver will straighten out. Basically you have to operate behind the ball and swing down your intended target line. If you operate behind the ball then you can hold off the face for a fade and release for a draw.

You know it's funny I used to slice my driver the same as I do now, but I decided to put the ball more forward in my stance. This got rid of it almost immediately. Recently my ball position is more off my left instep with my flared feet, where as it used to be way forward, like off of my middle toe. I'll go try this and get back to you.

Back