#TheHandCraftedExperience Travel / Extra Rounds and Activities Thread

And we can walk to Chilis!!! :alien:

I'm fine with whatever. Honestly, it's not like we'll be spending much time at the hotel. Seems a little pricy to be in the middle of business park land though haha

Ha agreed. I was thinking about it's proximity (1 minute from True Temper vs 10-30 minutes from others). It's $180 a night (plus fees) with AAA discount for 2 queen beds. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning will be early wake mornings so I'm all for easy driving :) but I can do wherever.

I talked to Barry, and the two of us are planning to stay together and share a car since we're both arriving on Tuesday and staying together Tuesday night. I was thinking it'd be easy for Ryan and Tim to share a car/room since the two of you are going to be arriving at nearly the same time.

Ha agreed. I was thinking about it's proximity (1 minute from True Temper vs 10-30 minutes from others). It's $180 a night (plus fees) with AAA discount for 2 queen beds. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning will be early wake mornings so I'm all for easy driving :) but I can do wherever.

I talked to Barry, and the two of us are planning to stay together and share a car since we're both arriving on Tuesday and staying together Tuesday night. I was thinking it'd be easy for Ryan and Tim to share a car/room since the two of you are going to be arriving at nearly the same time.

That sounds fine by me. Tim, we'll have to decide on what we want to do as far as which hotel and the rental car situation. I'll get with you on PM.

That sounds fine by me. Tim, we'll have to decide on what we want to do as far as which hotel and the rental car situation. I'll get with you on PM.

Well, Barry and I are texting some and now we're thinking closer to good food friday/saturday night :)

Well, Barry and I are texting some and now we're thinking closer to good food friday/saturday night :)

I like good food. Where is good food? Lol

I like good food. Where is good food? Lol

Worth asking the locals. Hotels aren't a rush yet, so we have time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a thought. Looking at Embassy Suites hotel La Jolla. 2 room suite with 2 double beds and a sleeper sofa is running $227 a night with the AAA rate, but we could get 3 people per room. Includes breakfast and evening drinks.

Here's a thought. Looking at Embassy Suites hotel La Jolla. 2 room suite with 2 double beds and a sleeper sofa is running $227 a night with the AAA rate, but we could get 3 people per room. Includes breakfast and evening drinks.

That'd work. Would also simplify awkward and Spivey's room needs. Give the other four of us a bigger room when they leave.

I'm down for that. Plenty of room for us all to line up our bags and admire how freaking awesome they look with PX handcrafted goodness in them :D

I've made a reservation for Wed-Sun at the Embassy Suites La Jolla. It's fully cancelable if we decide on something else. $227 a night and will sleep 3. Two double beds in one room and a sleeper sofa in the other. I'll crash on the sleeper sofa, Courtney will take one of the beds in the bedroom. Anyone else that wants to jump in with us can join and we can split the cost 3 ways on the nights they stay.

Cool, thanks Barry.

I like passing out on sofas

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've made a reservation for Wed-Sun at the Embassy Suites La Jolla. It's fully cancelable if we decide on something else. $227 a night and will sleep 3. Two double beds in one room and a sleeper sofa in the other. I'll crash on the sleeper sofa, Courtney will take one of the beds in the bedroom. Anyone else that wants to jump in with us can join and we can split the cost 3 ways on the nights they stay.
I'm probably down, but I want to make sure it doesn't make more sense for Tim and I to split first. I think another room at the embassy would pretty much have everyone covered though.

Jman and Spivey, how do these ideas sounds to you guys?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm probably down, but I want to make sure it doesn't make more sense for Tim and I to split first. I think another room at the embassy would pretty much have everyone covered though.

Jman and Spivey, how do these ideas sounds to you guys?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Been real busy and haven't been on much these last few days. I'm fine with whatever works best for the group. We'll wait and see what Jman and Spivey are thinking and make a decision from there.

Looking at people's hotel nights needed, I think Jman and Spivey both only need Wed-Thu, while STC and myself need Wed-Sat. I see two decent options here:

1) Jman and Spivey split two ways and STC and myself split two ways. Awkward silence crashes with cpljohnst and chumphries at the Embassy on Thursday.
2) We get a 2nd Embassy suite for Wed-Thu. One of us jumps in with cpljohnst and chumphries, other 3 split the 2nd suite, Awkward silence crashes with one or the other on a rollaway for the night. Then for Fri-Sat, STC and I move hotels and split a regular room.

I'm inclined towards option 1 as it's simpler and we don't have to hotel hop (which could be tricky with the event going on), but option 2 might have opportunity to save some dough. Thoughts?

Looking at people's hotel nights needed, I think Jman and Spivey both only need Wed-Thu, while STC and myself need Wed-Sat. I see two decent options here:

1) Jman and Spivey split two ways and STC and myself split two ways. Awkward silence crashes with cpljohnst and chumphries at the Embassy on Thursday.
2) We get a 2nd Embassy suite for Wed-Thu. One of us jumps in with cpljohnst and chumphries, other 3 split the 2nd suite, Awkward silence crashes with one or the other on a rollaway for the night. Then for Fri-Sat, STC and I move hotels and split a regular room.

I'm inclined towards option 1 as it's simpler and we don't have to hotel hop (which could be tricky with the event going on), but option 2 might have opportunity to save some dough. Thoughts?

For some reason I had it in my head Jman could possibly be staying with JB. If that is the case, the two embassy rooms would work because Spivey/Awkward could use the extra bed/couch in the rooms. Then the four of us who are staying Sat night will just have to split the full cost two ways one night.

For some reason I had it in my head Jman could possibly be staying with JB. If that is the case, the two embassy rooms would work because Spivey/Awkward could use the extra bed/couch in the rooms. Then the four of us who are staying Sat night will just have to split the full cost two ways one night.

True, that would work nicely. Plus then we'd all be at the same hotel which would be very clean and easy as far as transportation goes.

True, that would work nicely. Plus then we'd all be at the same hotel which would be very clean and easy as far as transportation goes.

And lead to shenanigans...

While I really like Jman, and he is quite handsome, I will be staying with GolferGal most likely.

While I really like Jman, and he is quite handsome, I will be staying with GolferGal most likely.
Time for him to add this to his signature along with Finley thinking he is cute. Haha

I'm sure she'd say you are darn well staying with her and not someone else :banana:

Circling back around, I borrowed this from the first post:
Interested in sharing hotel rooms (*snoring tolerance quotient*)
Awkward Silence: Yes (willing to brave snoring) (Thurs)
Jman: Yes (Wed,Thurs)
StanTheCaddy: Yes (Wed-Sat)
cpljohnst: Yes (Snores) (Tues-Sat)
SkiBumGolfer: Yes (Wed-Sat)
chumphries: Yes (Wed-Sat)
Spivey: Yes (ain't nobody got time for snoring) (Wed-Thurs)

Barry and I are staying at the Embassy Wed-Sat. I know Tim/Ryan will also probably stay together Wed-Sat, but haven't booked yet.

James, Awkward, and Dave: Can you guys confirm which nights you'll be staying and needing rooms? (there have been a ton of messages floating back and forth)

Awk, dude what's your name? :) I haven't seen it anywhere.

Guys should check out THP Event Rules if this is your first event.

Guys should check out THP Event Rules if this is your first event.

Thank's cap'n. I read the first few and saw this one "And wearing women's apparel (if you're a guy) will be spoken about for years. Not that I know anything about that. ;)". Seems like I saw that happened just recently at the Puma/Couples event thread.

Whoa - work got busy, I am very slow to catch up with this thread!
I only need a room for Wed and Thurs. Staying at the same place makes sense, I can sleep on a pull out, couch, or bed - I am cool and easy with whatever.

Back