JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Very cool looking irons

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Very nice irons.

$250 per club is out of my reach for sure. But it seems these answer the call of the upper end iron category that other OEM's have out currently.

That injection molded piece is a really cool bit of engineering. Awesome that they can control both shape and density of the material. Gives them a ton of control over CG I would imagine.

My dreams of the Grandaddy have intensified. I'd love having these in the bag but they're likely out of any realistic price range I'd have.

Thanks for sharing the news! Always like when companies show the internals of a club. For a market position perspective; how does EPIC compare to Apex?

MIM is a cool process. If you're a "how do they do it?" nerd, then this video is for you...

$250 per club is bonkers.

A lot of technology packed in these.

Taking aim at the high end market. Will be interesting to see how it works out for them.

Lots of tech packed in these irons. Definitely outside my price range, but hopefully some of the advancements make it into the more budget conscious lines.

Were these the irons Finley had in his bag at the gauntlet?

$250 per iron. No. Not going to even think about it.

I really like the way they look. Would like to get my hands on some to test them.

I have to say I am really happy to see not just Callaway but other Oems target the higher price point as well. I love seeing what can be done without cost boundaries

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lots of tech packed in these irons. Definitely outside my price range, but hopefully some of the advancements make it into the more budget conscious lines.

Were these the irons Finley had in his bag at the gauntlet?

Yes they were.

A little beyond my price range but I am certainly intrigued with these and would love to hot them. MIM is something I could use in my irons.

Seems like all OEMs are coming out with a high end iron. These are filled with serious tech. I'm betting they are long, long, long!!!

I think the price range will be the talking point on these, and I'll probably get some "homer" comments for this, but for some reason this doesn't leave as bad a taste in my mouth as the PXG lines do. Callaway, by virtue of the fact that they have probably one of the most complete lines in price point and club profile, can do this without the exclusionary feel. I think it's fine to have a high end "concept" line to test the limits of engineering/stretch performance. The one thing that does seem "off" to me is the naming - you've now got a line of irons that costs nearly the same per club as the fairway that has the same name.

The slider on the website to highlight the difference in clubhead shape between the Epic and Epic Pro is really cool. Great way to compare clubheads. And I really want to try that LZ105 shaft.

While yes it's a high end concept iron that may not fit in people's budget, the tech in these is ridiculous and hopefully will have a trickle down effect into future releases.

More important: they found a way to put Face Cup in the pro model.

While i wouldnt be able to afford a set id certainly like to try them out. Based on the preview and Nates comments these will be some bombers

Its kind of hard to see in the images, but how "pro" is the pro model? Are we talking Steelhead Pro or Apex Pro? From Doc Hock's comments on the video it seems closer to Apex Pro, since he mentioned it was the first time they've had a cup face on that style iron.

All you guys swinging the CF 16s should be very pleased as wouldn't this price point keep the value high on your current sticks? At some point I need to try those CF 16s as I'm always a generation or two behind, lol.

Nice video showing the Epic technology.

Its kind of hard to see in the images, but how "pro" is the pro model? Are we talking Steelhead Pro or Apex Pro? From Doc Hock's comments on the video it seems closer to Apex Pro, since he mentioned it was the first time they've had a cup face on that style iron.

That's the way I interpreted it too. Kind of hard to justify the price or even be excited like that if you are looking at something like the steelhead pro frame.

They look pretty nice, but I concur that $250 a club is a bit steep

Cool technology but those are some of the ugliest irons I've seen from Callaway in a long time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's the way I interpreted it too. Kind of hard to justify the price or even be excited like that if you are looking at something like the steelhead pro frame.

For someone like me who prefers looking down at that profile, but doesn't have anywhere near the game to justify playing an iron like that, that aspect of these makes them incredibly intriguing.

Back