JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I am going through a new office design moment here and think I have changed my mind about 26 times. Not the entire space mind you, just my 12x12 office and I can't seem to set it up the way I want to maximize not going to video or photo studio each time to shoot something. I have 3 walls to work with (4th has large monitor, my desk and door, but one has a window and I for the life of me cannot figure out the best way to set it up.

Do you ever go through design elements and simply cannot decide what to do?

My design elements are just wishing I had a standing desk and two monitors #simple

I am going through a new office design moment here and think I have changed my mind about 26 times. Not the entire space mind you, just my 12x12 office and I can't seem to set it up the way I want to maximize not going to video or photo studio each time to shoot something. I have 3 walls to work with (4th has large monitor, my desk and door, but one has a window and I for the life of me cannot figure out the best way to set it up.

Can you setup your desk to "block" the window essentially leaving you 3 walls then?

All. The. Time.

let us know how it ends up, I have a 12x19 room I just finished to use as an office, I need ideas as to how to set it up.

This is always an ongoing battle. I will get my office setup just how I thought I wanted it and I'll find something I dislike. If you do find the exact setup you like then kudos to you because I sure as heck can't figure it out.

I move my L Desk about 4 times a year in my office......its a sickness.

I think it's one of the main hazards (perks?) of a home office.

I seem to rearrange mine almost every year, and always feel like it's just not quite right.

• Admin
My design elements are just wishing I had a standing desk and two monitors #simple

Hippie. :D

Can you setup your desk to "block" the window essentially leaving you 3 walls then?

I have thought about that, but am concerned about light when doing video editing.

All. The. Time.

Its become a disease.

I move my L Desk about 4 times a year in my office......its a sickness.

Once this is setup, unfortunately moving it wont be an option. I think that is why I am struggling so much.

All the office I need. Lots of Windows and great views.
b3d7e3aeaf80ef3ef5b49bb611c5e2d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Due to the amount of time making and editing all the original content....you gotta maximize the lighting and I think everything else will fall into place.

I have had too many migraines using AE and Sony Vegas due to poor lighting and I have never put out as much videos as you have. The time spent has to be silly.

Avoid the Migraines lol

Stay away from the window if your shooting stuff in there (obviously). Or shoot facing it. You could put some gels on there, but even then it's a delicate balance and doesn't always look right.

Stay away from the window if your shooting stuff in there (obviously). Or shoot facing it. You could put some gels on there, but even then it's a delicate balance and doesn't always look right.

Agree with this. Having a view out the window will keep you engaged (although dealing with "golf" stuff all day has to be SOOO hard...sheesh) and avoid the bad video lighting issue. Only issue with facing the window is it may mean your back is to the office doorway....but maybe that's not a bad problem...HA!!!

Agree with this. Having a view out the window will keep you engaged (although dealing with "golf" stuff all day has to be SOOO hard...sheesh) and avoid the bad video lighting issue. Only issue with facing the window is it may mean your back is to the office doorway....but maybe that's not a bad problem...HA!!!

Doc Holiday would disagree lol

I wish I could help but I'm going through the same thing right now. I have different needs and obstacles; two available walls because of a shrunk. I did order a new desk a couple of days ago but the problems will begin once it gets here.

Back