Scotty Cameron Custom Shop

liquidcowboy

Reaction score
Handicap
Whisky
Looking to finally bite the bullet and buy a new Scotty putter. My question is, is it worth sending it in to the custom shop? I love the Newport M2, but I am not a fan of all the red and would love to have my putter all blue. Has anyone done this? And were you satisfied with the work and worth the additional cost?

Looking to finally bite the bullet and buy a new Scotty putter. My question is, is it worth sending it in to the custom shop? I love the Newport M2, but I am not a fan of all the red and would love to have my putter all blue. Has anyone done this? And were you satisfied with the work and worth the additional cost?

By the time you buy a new M2 and send it to the custom shop, you'll be in it about $600-700. The putter will never be worth that. But it's all about what the putter is worth to you.

if you have specific coloring/stamping/etc that you want done, reach out to the shop first to make sure they can do it. i had a specific vision that they were unwilling to do, so ended up going a different direction.

They do good work. But, it takes forever. If it's not one you want a COA for though, I'd honestly look elsewhere for the cost and turnaround time.
0a38c827ed255b50795939a60c79a27a.jpg
812dce86a5120b145c4a9b061e17f0bc.jpg
89c99f398f04857ad44757bbe643fc82.jpg

jman's putter looks impeccable! i've also seen great work out of bos golf (http://bosgolf.com/)

They do a great job, but as others have stated, it takes FOREVER! If you do not want a COA, then I would absolutely go elsewhere.

Putter Spa
BOS Golf
Etc..

I agree with Kevin. You will add on at least $200 on top of what you spend for the putter alone depending on how many things you want to add to it. It will be worth it if you plan to use this putter for awhile. I mean you will use it more than any other club in the bag each round easily so if people easily pony up $500+ for a driver I don't see why people mind paying that much for a putter if it is meaningful. If you switch between putters often, it probably wont be worth your time.

Overall, very satisfied with the work they did, it just took a long time to get the club back in hand.

The other option is to find someone local to go down to the Cameron Gallery. They usually have a nice selection of Custom Shop putters in a bunch of different color schemes for sale there. IIRC, they're $580 or something around that.

"a long time" - is relative, can someone put an around-a-bout number to it?

I would love to have my putter modified...

Months I've heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Months I've heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine took five. But, the black finish failed inspection twice.

I think mine was around 2 months from shipping mine to them and getting it back in hand.

They do good work. But, it takes forever. If it's not one you want a COA for though, I'd honestly look elsewhere for the cost and turnaround time.
0a38c827ed255b50795939a60c79a27a.jpg
812dce86a5120b145c4a9b061e17f0bc.jpg
89c99f398f04857ad44757bbe643fc82.jpg

This is such a beautiful putter!!!

Mine took right at 3 months.

The dots and wording are easy to change the color on. You can use Citrix to get the coloring out of the dots and just paint them yourself. You can use Testors paint and even nail polish.

Back