THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Shake those bad ones off-nothing you can do about it after it has happened until after the round. At that point, your best recourse is beer and practice!

I actually went par par birdie par the next four holes. Pretty good recovery.....:act-up:

Another day on the construction site with no sub-contractors so I'm hoping to get out of here by noon time and go hit the range even though its 30* out. I had a lessons yesterday working on various wedge shots, specifically flighting the ball down for those 100 yard and in shots. This weekend I'm playing 2 rounds to hopefully start to sharpen up the short game.
OK, Mike let's not get too crazy about this. You sound way to motivated!

Good luck guy!

Give them the benifit of doubt dude. Tapatalk doesn't always show PM's and life can get tricky at times. Let's the bosses do the work. No need to let this be distraction for the rest of us.

Yea, I had an issue with Paypal and it took me a couple days to fix it, so I was behind a day or 2 on paying.

What is everyone doing to sharpen their Short game this weekend? Let me hear about your favorite drills.

Not seeing much activity in the practice thread.... Just saying.

I have been going through my shag bag a couple of times a night after work. My wife has actually gotten involved, she will call out landing spots randomly and I will chip to them. I try different shot types, bump and runs, flops, etc. I am trying to hit out of different lies as well.

My irons should be in already and I am hoping to get the call today. I will be spending more time on the range getting them dialed in. I am supposed to play this Sunday with my weekend group, and hopefully with a THP'er at RNK on Monday. It would be apropos to break the new clubs in on the course where the DMV will break the Carolina's hearts.

Yea, I had an issue with Paypal and it took me a couple days to fix it, so I was behind a day or 2 on paying.

I definitely want to state that this is not about payment.
That can be worked out with never an issue.
This is about no response at all and we want to make sure that each person wants to be a part of the event.

I definitely want to state that this is not about payment.
That can be worked out with never an issue.
This is about no response at all and we want to make sure that each person wants to be a part of the event.

No doubt JB - there was no way I would have let that stop me from RR - I knew I could have worked that out with Morgan!

No doubt JB - there was no way I would have let that stop me from RR - I knew I could have worked that out with Morgan!
Morgan is awesome when it comes to payment time...and she rarely threaten's to break your leg :D

But on RR discussion, hope everyone finds time to work on the swing even with the snow we just got. lots of good work can be done inside with slow motion swings in front of a mirror.

Hitting the range this evening or tomorrow then playing 18 Sunday. If I can get my driver dialed back in I think I can put up a decent score.

Can't find the post I made in regards to the top of my bag, but I think I found the suitable setup. I've pulled the 4W and replaced it with a 3H. The 3H - while not my favorite club - plays very well off the tee, and is something I can hit off the deck pretty consistently. I need to see the gapping distances with the FYbrid for tee'd up shots, but if there is a decent enough gap the FY will stay. I'm pretty sure I can't go the 2H route, so I'm hoping this setup works for me. Otherwise, I may have to look into a 5W. I can hit a 7W ok-ish, but it's going to overlap with the FY and possibly 3H so no point in putting it in the bag.

Honestly, as long as the driver continues to work, and I can keep hitting the hybrids on down as consistently as I have been ... I won't care that I have only 13 clubs in the bag. I'll roll with what I know, and that'll be that.

Another day on the construction site with no sub-contractors so I'm hoping to get out of here by noon time and go hit the range even though its 30* out. I had a lessons yesterday working on various wedge shots, specifically flighting the ball down for those 100 yard and in shots. This weekend I'm playing 2 rounds to hopefully start to sharpen up the short game.

That is some serious work.

I've gone out to the range for a few brief sessions during lunch--about 30 minutes apiece. I would rather have more time to practice, but I have to take what I can get right now. The swing feels like it is coming back into form a bit--I just have to trust it. Not sure if I will be able to play this weekend, but if there is time I will definitely get out.

I would give my short game a barely passing grade right now. Lots of work to be done, but there's 4 months to get it into shape. I'm beyond stoked to have this event as the motivator for me to get my game better. I may be in the minority but I enjoy the range and enjoy working on my short game. I would rather be on the course but I know I get better through practice rather than just playing all the time.

Let me know dude, we need to get out on the putting surface. Get the hoops set up

for sure. Snow and rain has me thinking the putting greens at lake prez and other close courses are going to be a mess this weekend otherwise I would be there for both the range and greens.

for sure. Snow and rain has me thinking the putting greens at lake prez and other close courses are going to be a mess this weekend otherwise I would be there for both the range and greens.

Putting greens are slow right now anyway being end of winter and most haven't been mowed or rolled. It's better this time of the year to go grab a 4 foot aluminum ruler from HomeDepot and putt down that to see if you can make it to the end.

My theory on putting is this, 100% of putts are straight lines since I do nothing with my stroke to manipulate the curvature of the ball. So if I can putt straight I can putt anywhere.

Attention

Huhhh & MDGolfHacker Please respond to GolferGal in regards to the PM you received several days ago.

I did, two days ago. Told her I was waiting for pending money to clear in pay pal. She said "sounds good, thanks for the update". on 3/2

What is everyone doing to sharpen their Short game this weekend? Let me hear about your favorite drills.

Range tomorrow. Golf Sunday. Today just some putting and a few swings in the garage just to keep the feel going and increase repetition/consistency. As far as drills go, I like to simulate actual play. i'll put some golf balls in different spots/lies and see how many shots it takes to get up and down. i putt out my chips and bunker shots etc. Helps prevent just hitting the same shoot over and over and adds some needed pressure.

I did, two days ago. Told her I was waiting for pending money to clear in pay pal. She said "sounds good, thanks for the update". on 3/2

Interesting. She must be confused as she just past the information on to me. You are all good then.
She just now said "My apologies"

Interesting. She must be confused as she just past the information on to me. You are all good then.
She just now said "My apologies"

No worries.

...now that that's cleared up, any chance she can do anything about the weather here so I can get out and practice?

I've got yard work and other things keeping me busy this weekend, but I got out this morning for another 9 hole round.

Things are starting to click again. Posted a +5 round of 40 on the same course I posted a 47 on (with a 12 on the card) the other day.

Work will keep me busy Monday and Tuesday next week, but I plan to hopefully hit the range at some point Wednesday or Thursday in preparation for my tournament round Saturday afternoon.

Just hoping to keep the feel that I've had the last few days. Outside of that really bad hole on Wednesday, I've posted nothing but par and bogey on each hole.

No worries.

...now that that's cleared up, any chance she can do anything about the weather here so I can get out and practice?

I must have accidentally deleted your PM and with so many coming from all the different Regional Rivalry guys, sometimes it's hard to keep track of who said what. I got your deposit, you are all set, thanks!

I must have accidentally deleted your PM and with so many coming from all the different Regional Rivalry guys, sometimes it's hard to keep track of who said what. I got your deposit, you are all set, thanks!

It's all good! Stuff happens. Nobody works harder to keep us all organized than you. And I for one appreciate it and don't want your job either! Hahaha

No problem.

...now about the weather...

If anyone could help with that, it would be Morgan!
She is just going to tell you to come to Florida

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Glad to hear it got resolved. Now get to work Team DMV! Haha

I got a reprieve . Although it will be cold I will be playing golf tomorrow after all. More competition..... more practice!!!

Spent an hour on the range today with the new irons. There's no way these come out of the bag. I think it's set for July now. Worked on trajectory and draw/fade to different targets. Short game will need more work, but I'm starting to feel good.

Back