Galen Marek I'm calling you out #ThpCallout

Awkward silence

My Friends Call Me Peaches
Reaction score
Handicap
Here we go. A match for the ages. Paul and I both had the wonderful opportunity to attend the PX Handcrafted event last August in beautiful San Diego. We only got the chance to play 9 holes with each other during that trip I believe. Let's break this down real quick.

Handicap:
-12.5 according to my golfshot app for me
-Paul (galen Marek) claims to shoot high 70s at his home course but doesn't keep an official handicap. We settled on 9 for him.

b0b377017199bab720ca3df1eaee84d0.jpg

This is Paul's home course so he will have a slight advantage there.

Wager:
Nothing has been agreed upon as of yet

Strokes given:
Paul has graciously agreed to give me 2 pops a side for this one. I initially declined and wanted to go straight up but then he sent me this video that completely changed my mind.

This callout will take place this Sat the 30th. So what say you Galen Marek?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Galen Marek I'm calling you out #ThpCallout

Oh man I'm subscribing to this. This will be a good match if accepted by Paul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm thinking winner gets to carve their initials in the others made for Handcrafted shaft.

Oh yeah!! Brother Lonnie approves, I am sure!
Hope Paul accepts, being his home course and all...

The Brother Lonnie Chronicles - Part 1!

Difficult call, but I'm taking Paul in this one. Home field advantage isn't nothing.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Brother Lonnie likes your attempt at no strokes Awkward Silence. I'm picking AS in this one, though Galen can hit ball far! This will be a fun follow!

Oh my! Beautiful track. Will tune in for sure if schedule allows. Videos? Please shoot video! This could be the prettiest #THPCallout to date!

I think that Chance favors the bold and Awkward Silence takes it 3 and 2.

JM

Beauty of a course!

I accept on one condition. That this is done with honor, integrity and in the spirit of fair play. We are gentlemen and we should conduct ourselves as such. As a matter of fact I invited Awkward Silence to the range tonight so as not to obtain an unfair advantage and being the upright citizen he is, AS refused saying he already promised to massage his mother-in-law's feet this evening. A fine young man indeed.

Last edited:
And to my fellow THP'ers taking Awkward Silence's side there will be consequences and repercussions.

I am going with home field advantage and the guy that "doesn't have a handicap but shoots high 70s at his home course" (if that doesn't make you reach for your pocket to make sure your wallet is still there I don't know what will)

I literally have no idea what hole that is in the picture.

Wrong course AS. That's Soboba Springs Royal Vista. I golf the working man's Royal Vista.

This is more what we're looking at.

IMG_2124.jpg

Wrong course AS. That's Soboba Springs Royal Vista. I golf the working man's Royal Vista.

This is more what we're looking at.

IMG_2124.jpg
Pretty nice working man's track there, I'd say!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Galen Marek FTW! home field advantage is huge

Alright never been there took the first pic I saw on Google. OK so we are playing in dirt pile now. Won't change the outcome. I see a few on my side thanks guys. The others must not be aware if my "gamesmanship"

I'm thinking winner gets to carve their initials in the others made for Handcrafted shaft.

Wow those are high stakes!!!

Haha... That'll be a fun one to watch. Make sure you guys post a vid of the winner claiming their prize!

Alright never been there took the first pic I saw on Google. OK so we are playing in dirt pile now. Won't change the outcome. I see a few on my side thanks guys. The others must not be aware if my "gamesmanship"

"Gamesmanship"? That's what you're calling it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This should be a fun match to follow.

I'll take AS 2 and 1. My gut says he plays well on a new trak.

I will say in the last year I have not played the same course more than 4x out of about 30 rounds.

Also fixed the video link in the OP

Last edited:
When I pounding AS by ten strokes at Torrey South I was struck by how good his swing looked as well as how funny the guy is. When it comes together he's gonna be a player. I suspect his little one keeps him from grooving it while my kids are 13 and 12 and no longer require parenting so I can get to the range quite a bit now. This is gonna be such a fun match but we do need to negotiate a wager. What's your drink of choice?

Back