Northern, Nj, NYC, Westchester and Long Island, Ny

It's supposed to be in the 50's this weekend. I'm planning on taking the train out to Bethpage from Manhattan to play. Sounded like Yellow/Blue was open. I've never played in the winter out here since originally from Seattle where the courses are open year round. Has anyone played out there in the winter? What should I expect?

It's supposed to be in the 50's this weekend. I'm planning on taking the train out to Bethpage from Manhattan to play. Sounded like Yellow/Blue was open. I've never played in the winter out here since originally from Seattle where the courses are open year round. Has anyone played out there in the winter? What should I expect?

I last played in January when it was in the low 40s. The fairways were a bit soggy, and I would expect that again this weekend if they are open. The FW grass is a lot longer than what it is during golf season and the greens vary in speed. I have been calling everyday to see if anything is open, so far nothng due to ground conditions.

I last played in January when it was in the low 40s. The fairways were a bit soggy, and I would expect that again this weekend if they are open. The FW grass is a lot longer than what it is during golf season and the greens vary in speed. I have been calling everyday to see if anything is open, so far nothng due to ground conditions.

Wet conditions aren't a big deal, just a matter of the course being open or not. I guess I'll have to call tomorrow and see the likelihood of them being open on Sunday. It's a big commitment for me since I live in Manhattan. Gotta lug the clubs onto the train and basically take 8 hours out of the day.

Bethpage still closed, there is a possibility that they will be open tomorrow. Will keep everyone posted.

EDIT: Yellow and Blue courses are open Saturday, walking only

Last edited:
Sunken meadow is open as well tomorrow. Accepting reservations. Expect the courses to be crowded this weekend.

Silver Lake in Staten Island is open. I'm playing there Sunday. 37 with a cart

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

I got an email Mansion Ridge in Monroe, ny is open this weekend.

Made a reservation for my dad and myself for early Sunday afternoon. Excited to get back out on the course!!

I got an email Mansion Ridge in Monroe, ny is open this weekend.
We are going to try it tomorrow. Shotgun starts.

That is a good course. Troon taking over the mangement of the course has been really good

Who is playing today!? Have fun out there glad to be back on the course

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Played 9 today. temp tees or forward tees, one temp green, greens a bit bumpy. Just nice to finally get out.

Silver Lake in Staten Island is open. I'm playing there Sunday. 37 with a cart

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

How was the course? Sunday is looking nice and toying with the idea of golfing if I can get away from the house.

How was the course? Sunday is looking nice and toying with the idea of golfing if I can get away from the house.

Lol I was thinking the same thing. 50's but could be a bit windy. If I can get away from the house after church...I'll play a quick 9 holes. If not I'll just hit some balls on the Skytrak and get out on Tuesday.

Lol I was thinking the same thing. 50's but could be a bit windy. If I can get away from the house after church...I'll play a quick 9 holes. If not I'll just hit some balls on the Skytrak and get out on Tuesday.

I'm in South Carolina Wed-Sat for a wedding and taking my clubs as the hotel is on a golf course. Have tee times for Thur-Sat, hoping weather is decent. If I can get out tomorrow, would be nice to swing a club a bit.

Aside from the greens it was awful actually.....cartpath only and if you hit a drive high it plugged the fw....

Aside from the greens it was awful actually.....cartpath only and if you hit a drive high it plugged the fw....

Thanks - sounds like a range would be better for tomorrow and I'll hold off on the golf til Thursday in SC

Anyone play bethpage recently? How were the conditions? Any temp tee's and/or greens? Probably playing 18 there tomorrow.

Lots of goose crap. Course is in pretty good conditions and no temporary holes. Only the yellow and blue courses are open.

Lots of goose crap. Course is in pretty good conditions and no temporary holes. Only the yellow and blue courses are open.

Hey, thanks for the info. If the weather is good next week I may just try and get out on the Blue.

Just played Bethpage yellow. Blue course was closed today. I thought conditions were also pretty good....especially considering its March 1st. Greens I thought were in great shape...not bumpy, rolled true and fairly fast. Had a decent round, 42/45....and that's with 2 3 putts and a 4 putt. Which is funny because I also had a 1 putt and several other 1 puts that I missed by cm's. It's a crazy game.

Last edited:
Pretty excited that signups for the THP Event up here are only a couple of weeks away. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

Pretty excited that signups for the THP Event up here are only a couple of weeks away. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

I will be all over that

Played Bethpage Blue today. Also in pretty good condition. Although I think the greens on the yellow were more consistent and rolled a bit better.

Back