Music videos thread

Texans, you're allowed to have an eclectic taste - my CD changer in my car currently has 3 melodeath albums alongside Pink Floyd and Brad Paisley hahaha

I have been on a huge Primus kick this past week. #MyNameIsMud

My brother sent me this link a few minutes ago. If any of you remember the Dr. Demento show from the 1970s, you will understand

Wrong thread smalls. That one belongs in the Def Poetry Jam thread! LOL.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Been on an Iron Maiden kick

Music videos thread

lately, i've been dusting off some old pop/punk/emo collections of...
Bayside
Alkaline Trio
Brand New
Bouncing Souls

lately, i've been dusting off some old pop/punk/emo collections of...
Bayside
Alkaline Trio
Brand New
Bouncing Souls
Never listened to Bayside, but the other 3 were constants in my car.

Bouncing Souls might as well have been thr soundtrack of my youth.

Richard Wagner - the father of Progressive Rock
The Ride of the Valkyries (Apocalypse Now)
Der Weg in Walghal
Faust Overture
Der Fliegende Hollander

RIP Gary Richrath.

Hahaha that was pretty good

These guys are awesome. My son had me listen to them earlier today and I was hooked after hearing this one song. Then he tells me that it is a bass player and a drummer and that is it. The bass player using pedals for different sounds. Loving it, and they're rocking it. Just out of curiosity, I knew people on here had to be familiar with them and sure enough Tyno posted a video by them back in July of 14 in this thread. Not too far back in the thread. Surprised that this thread doesn't get more traction, but that makes it easy to find stuff too.

Enjoy!!

I turned on Jay-Z's Vol 2: Hard Knock Life album after something reminded me of the song Hard Knock Life. I used to listen to this CD once a day in high school.

Took me all of 30 seconds to switch from the explicit version to the edited version. Hate that stupid word they seem to really get off using in rap. It's a shame that content alone limits sensible listeners into ignoring a majority of the rap genre. So much talent, awful lyrics.

I turned on Jay-Z's Vol 2: Hard Knock Life album after something reminded me of the song Hard Knock Life. I used to listen to this CD once a day in high school.

Took me all of 30 seconds to switch from the explicit version to the edited version. Hate that stupid word they seem to really get off using in rap. It's a shame that content alone limits sensible listeners into ignoring a majority of the rap genre. So much talent, awful lyrics.

You are absolutely correct. It is a shame. I leave these styles out of my curriculum in the music appreciation classes I teach based on the content of the lyrics alone. Sad.

I was shown this one a couple of days ago. Cover of Sound of Silence.

[video=youtube;u9Dg-g7t2l4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4[/video]

Recently started listening to Brandi Carlile, an alternative country and folk rock singer/songwriter.

This is from a sound check before one of her concerts. Someone asked her to sing it, and she had to remember how to play it, as she hadn't played it all the way through since recording it in the studio.

[video=youtube;q30zczDCg-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q30zczDCg-A[/video]

Back