Recommend some irons for me to look at!

MASSIVE thread on them here with some really solid stuff. http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?41403-Cobra-AMP-Cell-Pro-Irons

IMO, pretty damn demanding compared to most options that have been listed in here.

Thanks. "Single cavity" leaves a lot to be interpreted, and from what I see in that thread, are closer to full-blown muscleback than the dual cavity ones.

I think I've narrowed it down to :wilsonstaff: FG Tour M3, :wilsonstaff: FG Tour v2, :nike: VR Forged Pro Combo, :mizuno: MP-H4, :mizuno: Mp-59. Ap2s seem a bit rough in condition in my price range, Srixon is out of my range, very limited options on the J40 on eBay... I might be missing one.

Adams CB3 without a doubt

W/S C100, I love mine. Though the FG Tour M3 are pretty sweet.

i know the Srixon z545 may be out of the price range, but wow they are amazing irons and just what you are looking for. I just got a set brand new for $500 so deals can be had. Bio cells and also in the GI category but can be had for $300 right now.

check out the Bio Cell+ I know those can be had for well under your budget and they do have a decently thin top line, compared to the standard Bio Cells

+1 on this... I put a set of Bio Cell Plus in my bag a month or so ago and have been very pleased with them. They still play very friendly for a club toward that end of the spectrum.

Still regret selling My Bridgestone J40s, great clubs. Do like the S-57s in bag at moment.
If you want to save a bunch of money and go older, my longest lasting iron love affair (still have 'em - NFS) is with the Precept Tour Premium Forged CB - smallish head and thin top line.

Good luck in your search.

DSC01507.jpg

Ping S55 hands down. These irons are unbelievably pure. You can get them for around $800 too, few hundred cheaper than most comparable.

100% agree, probably the best irons i've ever played

100% agree, probably the best irons i've ever played

Great irons for sure but I might argue they are more demanding than an 8 on the OP's scale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely gorgeous. I just worry about the long to mid irons. Scoring irons are the best part of my game, but the long and mid irons are u-g-l-y.

Absolutely gorgeous. I just worry about the long to mid irons. Scoring irons are the best part of my game, but the long and mid irons are u-g-l-y.

Wow! Really? Well I guess that is why we have some many choices out there to appease everyone's eye or choice. I find the 4 and 5 iron on the :wilsonstaff: FG Tour V2 to be beautiful at address and actually I love hitting them. I actually owned this set back in the day when I could play and used to love hitting my 3 iron as well. But then again "to each their own"...I just think these are great sticks but I also think the KBS Tour shafts make the whole set just work...for me :cool:

Wow! Really? Well I guess that is why we have some many choices out there to appease everyone's eye or choice. I find the 4 and 5 iron on the :wilsonstaff: FG Tour V2 to be beautiful at address and actually I love hitting them. I actually owned this set back in the day when I could play and used to love hitting my 3 iron as well. But then again "to each their own"...I just think these are great sticks but I also think the KBS Tour shafts make the whole set just work...for me :cool:

I meant my game is ugly with long to mid irons, not the actual appearance of them. They are amazing looking!

I meant my game is ugly with long to mid irons, not the actual appearance of them. They are amazing looking!

Oh sorry LOL I took it wrong but no prob as all I was trying to say is there are sets of irons when I set down the longer irons...I am like "yuck" and put them right back on the rack...LOL Each person has to find what works for them and one of my problems is I always like the way the harder irons to hit look at address... :-(

Oh sorry LOL I took it wrong but no prob as all I was trying to say is there are sets of irons when I set down the longer irons...I am like "yuck" and put them right back on the rack...LOL Each person has to find what works for them and one of my problems is I always like the way the harder irons to hit look at address... :-(

Oh, I agree completely. My current muscle back 6 iron is gorgeous, and it quickly stops being gorgeous once the swing starts. :p

Trying to narrow down my list and I'm torn between the Mizuno Mp-H4 and a combo of J40s. The J40s are CB 7-PW and DPC 4-6. I've read everywhere on the CB J40s and everyone seems to have a different opinion on the forgiveness of them. I'd go straight up DPC, but there are no affordable, good condition sets in my range.

I'm gonna 2nd (or 3rd or whatever its on) the Apexes and the Srixon Z545s (my personal fav). Can't go wrong with either. Very forgiving. Very pretty at address. Buttery smooth.

Back