The Hideaway Golf Courses Review Thread

Speachless, the course will leave you speechless.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's not forget the range. The grass on range is nicer than some courses I have played on. Brand new logoed balls to hit and if you set your club down for another it will cleaned instantly. There is also a good size putting green to practice at before a round.

The clubhouse is very cool. It has an old castle like feel to it. There is a pro shop with pretty much everything...except divot repair tools? The locker room was super clean with most toiletry needs available and comes complete with a lockers as well.

For such an exclusive golf course, I am always so amazed at how warm and welcoming the staff and members are to us outsiders. When you think about a private course that you aspire to join, this is it.

When I first heard about the hideaway, I figured it was a bunch of fun hating old white dudes, but having experienced it myself, nothing could be further from the truth. These folks are as welcoming as anywhere I've ever been.

I don't really know what to say about the course that hasn't already been said, but in a word everything is perfect. If you think a golf course should have it, the hideaway does. If you think only in your wildest dreams would a golf course have it, the hideaway has it. The only thing that could possibly top the perfection that is the course, it's the service. Anything you want is just an ask away. Beautiful course, top notch service, and a membership that seems to be incredibly fun is a trifecta that makes the hideaway the nicest course I will ever play.

Top 5 Things about The Hideaway (IMO)

5. Absolutely immaculate course conditions, I have never played fairways so clean, like PhillyV said, you pick up all divots and throw them out, sand and seed mix then move on. The traps are raked so well and that sand is confidence inspiring to hit out of. That sand is so soft compared to what I'm used to so you're not worried about hitting behind the ball and getting through because you know you can get through! Greens were quick but in a great way, they rolled very true and allowed you to stroke a putt on its line and not force a line and get out of sync.

4. The overall aesthetic beauty of this place! I mean come on, every place you look is paradise, including the houses and yards bordering the course. I wanted to play these courses for the rest of my life but I also would settle for just drinking coffee on a few of those patios every morning for the rest of my life too!

3.Comfort stations, I barely took part in these but I can not leave them off the list based on the fact that they have Gatorade in a can alone! But seriously these are super convenient and have everything you could imagine to keep your fuel up for a round or just indulge in the moment.

2. The Members, who are essential to us having access to this piece of golf perfection. I didn't meet all the members who hosted us personally, but Al, Brian and the Club Champion(blanking on his name, all I can remember is he has destroyed the competition 5 years running) were just awesomely genuine individuals. They had a blast sharing this course with us and would do it over and over again plus they love golf as much as we do and enjoy having as much fun playing and watching as well! Others members outside of our groups always seemed friendly and cordial, I can't blame them because I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't smile everyday if you were a member here, which brings me to #1!

1. Matt Wood and the entire staff at The Hideaway. No matter what job or role I saw someone in they smiled and were as courteous as a person could ever be. The culture they create with that atmosphere without a doubt keeps that club what is in my eyes! The caddies, I had 2 in my 2 days and they were both different in their own right but awesome regardless! Slightly different personalities but both attentive, easy to chat up for course info, and comical at times which is great for the entire group to hear about war stories on the course or just take the tension off a bad hole. Basically, the caddies are kick a**! I had the pleasure of golfing with Matt Wood and his smile and golf game is infectious! Easy going guy with a smooth swing with members seem to appreciate and respect him at the same time, it was awesome to see! I had to put him and the staff at #1 because I wholeheartedly think this place is no where near this level without grounds crews, service personnel, caddies, and golf pro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How good were the beverages there!? The blueberry lemonades and margaritas were soooo good.

This is out on the patio from Monday night when we had dinner there
b734d62daaab447398673922dc5e81e0.jpg

Even just the way they set up their lighting was beautiful

The Hideaway Golf Courses Review Thread

General feel: Laid back, everyone at the hideaway is laid back. From Al and his cart that goes 60mph to Brian who is just so chill and happy. The staff, the members, they are all so relaxed, happy and comfortable. It reminds me of being at a spa, but a golf course version. There are dogs riding around in carts having just as much fun as the owners.

Amenities: the amenities are amazing, comfort stations every 3-4 holes with pretty much anything you would want and some things you didn't know you needed, chicken salad ;) At the turn, there is warm food ready to go to refuel and keep pace of play up. When you order a drink I swear a ninja (maybe rallo???) jumps out of the bushes and puts it in your cart without you even noticing.

The tee boxes: Very well marked and accessible. Very well placed to give you a very nice perspective on the hole, but can also be intimidating. From every tee box you look out and see three to four things on every hole. Gorgeous fairway, bunkers, water and mountains. Keep your mind on the fairway...

The fairways: amazing. Very well maintained, you pick up your divots and throw them in the trash for god's sake! There are a good number of divots but that just shows the course is used. They are all sanded and seeded, and I never ended up in one.

The rough: pristine but manageable, I didn't find it too punishing but word on the street was they were cut a little short for us hackers!

The bunkers: amazing! The sand is so nice and always racked, I absolutely loved my bunker shots especially after RFC gave me the confidence to make good shots out of them.

The native: The native was interesting, it's like 6 different types of vegetation all growing together to make this awesome mess of punishing awesomeness. You could get out of it though. At one point I felt like I was hitting out of a field of daisies lol!

The fringe: well defined, rolled true, not much to say about fridge except it was actually there unlike a lot of courses that got a barber shop fade going on.

The greens: amazingly fast and consistent. They rolled so true it wasn't funny. Everything repaired. Some sand on the greens from bunker blasts but the caddy would hit it with a towel to disperse it from your line. The grain was crazy how much it affected speed.

The carts: let's be honest. They are plush, who missed the sun rotted vinyl we are used to??? Ummmm no one!

The mountains: amazing shear rock mountains, little to no vegetation and an amazing backdrop to watch bombed drives against.

The water: beautiful and not over dyed like a lot of courses. Fountains for a little water sound and more waterfalls then you could ask for.

The palm trees: perfectly manicured and puts you in paradise. They are thick though. They will swat your ball out of the sky faster than a 6'2" high school lady volley baller.

Ahhh the hideaway, can I come back??

76af92bdd78b8f05c17af05c40ac705f.jpg

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

So freakin pretty

Oh this thread is already full of amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This place looks silly. Hope to play there one day.

I haven't played them, but followed along the last 3 years, all I have to say is:
GOLF HEAVEN PERIOD

Breath taking. The pictures you guys have posted and stories are just simply that, breath taking.

The Hideaway, where I begin. For me it's starts and ends with the staff. From the members, to Mr. Wood, to the staff, I never felt not welcome at any point. The hospitality is above and beyond anything I've ever experienced. Having worked in the service industry for 10yrs I appreciate the little things that go a long way. That is huge to me because that hasn't always been the case at high end or exclusive courses I've played in the past. The members I played with each told me to come back anytime and I have no doubt if I was ever in the area I could take them up on that offer.

Food/Drink- good lord the food & drinks. From the breakfast sliders to the comfort stations the quality is top notch. Anything is available of you just ask. Seriously it's that easy, just ask and you will be delivered the drink of your choice on the fairway. The bloody Mary's are a cure for the previous nights indulgence. Blueberry infused lemonade vodka or just a cold beer, just ask. Comfort stations filled with fruit, nuts or energy bars. Gatorade in a can! Seriously, Gatorade in a can!!! Oh if you get passed all that you have Ice cream or a cold candy bars to choose from.

Golf- others have said it, but the courses are immaculate. The Dye is the more challenging of the two and is to be expected given Pete Dye's reputation. He forces you to think at every turn and that can be a chore in itself because you are getting caught up on the beauty that surrounds you.

Get passed the Dye & Clive Clark has a gem in the desert waiting for you. Each hole can be a signature hole anywhere else. Truly picturesque and jaw dropping.

Course conditions are pristine and the fairways are fairly generous if your tee game is off for the time you are there. Greens at tiered at the correct spots & roll true. Subtle breaks must be paid attention to or you'll have a devil of a time maintaining a decent score. The rough is a test in its own right. While there it was not fully grown out while I was there, I can see where another 1/2 inch or so can wreak havoc on offline shots.

As many have said I can easily play these two courses the rest of my life and not get tired. I can easily see where each time out a new challenge will present itself.

e61d79697bad8a6f03dbccba0faeade6.jpg

e6295915b8cf2defb60ee32cb37f64d2.jpg

f9bfd3954c8e0582eea3cd0757c90bdf.jpg

276ddcd2e53b74ffe164c27a0baea1a2.jpg

33466143662b6faf0bbd0c3c801f1c82.jpg

1d634e7787ab65141cf885c33f0076ea.jpg

00dd307569ca704ba595324352341c2e.jpg

Reading all this makes my desire to be part of the 2016 Grandaddy that much more intense.

Is there a single hole at The Hideaway that doesn't look like a picture of perfection for golfers?
No.. Every course has a signature hole or two. The Hideaway has 36 signature holes. Some better than others, but they are all stunning in the own way.

And who wouldn't want this at the turn?

7aaac602a352b4f70a63efe54db95f53.jpg

Ok, I'm a little disappointed in the hand writing but I guess I can get over it.

Still can't believe there is a course out there that is that gorgeous. The pictures are amazing guys.

LOVING the reviews and pictures keep it up and thanks!

Still can't believe there is a course out there that is that gorgeous. The pictures are amazing guys.

And the pictures don't do a good enough job of capturing all the amazingness of the surroundings. The difference between pictures and being there is the difference between old VHS tapes and new BluRay DVDs

And the pictures don't do a good enough job of capturing all the amazingness of the surroundings. The difference between pictures and being there is the difference between old VHS tapes and new BluRay DVDs

Accurate. A picture is worth a thousand words, but a photo can't do the justice of seeing the sunrise bouncing off of the Santa Rosa/San Jacinto mountains. It can't fully show how immaculate the conditions are, and it doesn't quite show the happiness on the faces of the members and staff there. Even they look like they can't believe they're there.

9f3e90871f9104673d565986d8ec25b4.jpg

For such an exclusive golf course, I am always so amazed at how warm and welcoming the staff and members are to us outsiders. When you think about a private course that you aspire to join, this is it.

^^^^^^This, so much this. I don't get treated that well at my home course.

I'll never forget seeing Harry hit his tee shot on #3 on the Dye Course (probably my favorite non par 3 on either course) and that tee box faces directly towards the mountains. And when he hit his ball it seemed to float and get lost in the mountains. Soooo cool to see

Back