Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I want it bad

I'm a fan. I am sure the ones that cost twice as much have some sort of benefit but for an untrained eye like mine it's GTG! They go on sale occasionally as well.

New motherboard, CPU and memory to upgrade my PC rather than mess around trying to figure out which individual part is giving me the problems

Probably drop a new PSU in there as well while I am sorting it

Electronics Pondering

Decided to try and see how running my main monitor in vertical mode would work.

cfdbd3e58ef6f640d70cdded6f44193d.jpg

I added a vertical monitor at work this week. It's money.

haha 15,000 that thing must be massive.

Doesnt look any bigger than any of the other ones I have seen. Maybe the size of a small external hard drive.

Office tv/monitor set now. Great Sanus mount let's it rotate to my desk and then back for tv viewing. New 32" tv works perfectly. Only thing left to do is put wires in the wall.

To right of desk
9e3b4bd88c7e4930d1d2aab5cd0b419a.jpg

In front of desk
d732d884458789ae53547845c6570799.jpg

Those that have a Fire Stick or ChromeCast or have had both.

Anything you would like to share as to which is better?

Also, does it matter if it's plugged in behind the TV? Fire Stick has a remote, but it interacts with the TV, right? In other words, it doesn't need a clear line of sight to the Fire Stick, does it?

I've had chrome no issues so far plugs into side of tv for me. I do think I have some Internet issues though lately causing some freezing I need to check out

Also, does it matter if it's plugged in behind the TV? Fire Stick has a remote, but that connects to the TV, right? In other words, it doesn't need a clear line of sight to the Fire Stick, does it?

Have Fire Stick and Roku.

Fire Stick is great if you are a prime member. However, just like with other amazon things, there are some apps on it that I would like, like YouTube, Google Play Movies. Right now mine is in the back of the TV, and never have an issue using the remote.

Ok. Hmm, I'm not sure if I care much about youtube or not. Primarily looking to use it for Netflix and Amazon.

Hoping I don't have to get a wifi extender.

Ok. Hmm, I'm not sure if I care much about youtube or not. Primarily looking to use it for Netflix and Amazon.

I don't have netflix, but have Hulu and am a Prime guy. Works great for those. I do use the Roku in my bedroom to stream Time Warner Cable, which is not available on Fire Stick. I do like the interface on the Fire.

Beats buying another Wii I suppose lol

Wife is getting my iPad Air, so I need something to watch movies and shows when traveling. I want another iPad, but the price of the Kindles is tempting.

GoPro HERO4 BLACK Prime Bundle

List Price:
$691.94
Price:
$655.44 Free Shipping for Prime Members
With Deal:
$499.99 Free Shipping for Prime Members

• GoPro HERO4 BLACK 4K Action Camera
  • GoPro LCD Touch BacPac (Camera Not Included)
  • Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Dual Charger for GoPro HERO4 and GoPro AHDBT-401, AHBBP-401 (with Car and US Plug)
  • AmazonBasics Head Strap Camera Mount for GoPro
  • AmazonBasics GoPro Carrying Case - Small
  • Lexar High-Performance MicroSDHC 633x 32GB UHS-I/U3 (Up to 95MB/s Read) w/USB 3.0 Reader Flash Memory Card LSDMI32GBBNL633R

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B010OSWF...X7QD9V&pf_rd_i=11448061011&pf_rd_p=2130252862

cable modem. lots of deals on the popular Motorola SURFboard docsis 3.0 modems. However, they don't appear to work with xfinity voice. any experts know of a good voice compatible cable modem I could buy and tell xfinity to hit the road with their monthly "rental" fee?

A 64gb micro SD for the S5. Possibly a charging case for it as well

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

OK, I searched and didn't see anyone with any real new info.
I'm on the hunt for a sound bar. Preferences include at least one digital optical and HDMI each. Oh, and wireless sub with surround speakers would be perfect. I've been back and forth on Newegg and Amazon and a couple other places, but would prefer someone I know to give me some options.
Best sounding soundbar that is NOT a thousand dollar SONOS. I ain't rich like that.

Also, does it matter if it's plugged in behind the TV? Fire Stick has a remote, but it interacts with the TV, right? In other words, it doesn't need a clear line of sight to the Fire Stick, does it?

I have a Chromecast that I take when I travel but when it comes to home I prefer the Roku3.

OK, I searched and didn't see anyone with any real new info.
I'm on the hunt for a sound bar. Preferences include at least one digital optical and HDMI each. Oh, and wireless sub with surround speakers would be perfect. I've been back and forth on Newegg and Amazon and a couple other places, but would prefer someone I know to give me some options.
Best sounding soundbar that is NOT a thousand dollar SONOS. I ain't rich like that.

I bought a VIZIO S4251w-B4 5.1 a couple of years ago that I'm happy with. It only comes with a digital optical input (I don't recall seeing any with HDMI) but it comes with a wireless subwoofer and two wireless rear speaker. You can find it on Amazon for $284.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back