Shaft Tech - The Materials

Great depth in 2 short minutes here. Gonna be a fantastic learn through these videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was not aware that was how Carbon Fiber was made so it is not surprising that I didn't know that the properties could be altered based on the time in the oven. Very interesting segment and looking forward to the next one.

Great video, and so short but packed with a ton of knowledge.

How big are the oven(s) that matrix uses? How many shafts do they construct at a time?

I had no idea that Carbon fiber started out as that thread and then it is changed into a golf shaft. Pretty cool.

So glad you guys enjoyed the first episode.

Great intro video. I had no idea that all materials other than carbon atom was burned off. My daughter even watched the video with me. Great stuff and enjoyed it.

Short sweet and to the point. Cool series can't wait to see more

Cool intro.

Never would have guessed the time and temp influenced the properties. Now to the next one.

Glad you guys are enjoying these. The next few really jump in and when its all said and done, those that have followed along, will be much more shaft knowledgable. And of course you can always reference back in the THP Classroom section on the home page.

Hmmm so the properties of shaft can be controlled by both "cook time" and grade of material. Very interesting!

Next episode will be out tomorrow.

I like where this is heading. Im all for learning more about shaft tech, and these two minute videos will be awesome.

Next episode will be out tomorrow.

Coming in a few hours and is crazy how packed with info it is about carbon fiber properties such as MSI, etc.

Back