2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First day traveling since I started. Normally I would cozy up to the waffle maker but I had a cup of oatmeal with a little brown sugar and sliced almonds and some fruit.

I weighed in at 240.2 this morning. I think if I avoid beer this weekend and eat decently healthy foods I'll hit the high 230's by Monday. I don't think I've been in the 230's since 2009. That's 17+ pounds in just under a month. Cutting most beer out of my eating habits is causing weight to melt off.

I didn't do so well this weekend. I had 3 beers Friday, 6 Saturday, a breakfast croissant and donut holes Saturday morning, and homemade pizza last night. I did jog a mile and half Friday afternoon. This morning I weighed in at 242.

I'm already back on track with a breakfast of bacon, coffee, and bacon.

My weight loss seems to have stalled this week with no loss since Monday. I've been working out 5 days a week and losing inches, but the scale isn't cooperating. I'll keep pushing on, but do wish the pounds would come off faster.
I must have been holding water or something when I weighed in yesterday morning because I'm down 3 lbs from then... 12.6 to go.

The wife and I have switched up our menu to include a ton of chicken and limiting our carbs, so will see how that change plays out. Typically we have been very carb heavy, so I think it will be good to cut back.

I must have been holding water or something when I weighed in yesterday morning because I'm down 3 lbs from then... 12.6 to go.

The wife and I have switched up our menu to include a ton of chicken and limiting our carbs, so will see how that change plays out. Typically we have been very carb heavy, so I think it will be good to cut back.
If you can find grass feed beef, definitely get it. My wife says it requires much less seasoning than feedlot beef. Less seasoning means less junk intake.
Just another thought for your diet cleaning.

If you can find grass feed beef, definitely get it. My wife says it requires much less seasoning than feedlot beef. Less seasoning means less junk intake.
Just another thought for your diet cleaning.

We usually get the stuff from Costco or a local farmer. It does taste better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a poor week this past week and was up 1.5lb. I got a little cocky after my first week and assumed I didn't need to track what I ate. Definitely wrong. Back on track so far.

Actually ran two miles without walking for the first time in 3 years. The nice 50 degree weather definitely helped.

hit another goal today. down to 270 lbs. a total loss to date of 130 lbs. 5 lbs less than what I want to be for six4three5's wedding next week, feel great. hope I don't put to much weight on new week....lol

hit another goal today. down to 270 lbs. a total loss to date of 130 lbs. 5 lbs less than what I want to be for six4three5's wedding next week, feel great. hope I don't put to much weight on new week....lol

thats awesome. I know you will get there...no giving up now.

Chargrilled chicken sandwich and greek yogurt parfait from Chick Fil A - 11 points total.

And their greek yogurt parfait is delicious.

Last night I had to eat a couple chocolate chip cookies to use up all my points.

Do you know when your threshold is for your points going down at all?

Do you know when your threshold is for your points going down at all?

I just dropped a point this week when I got under 235 so I am at 47 points per day right now. I lose another one when I drop below 230. Looking at a WW Points+ Calculator, you drop a point after every 0 and 5 pound weight.

I just dropped a point this week when I got under 235 so I am at 47 points per day right now. I lose another one when I drop below 230. Looking at a WW Points+ Calculator, you drop a point after every 0 and 5 pound weight.
I'm saying this as a kuddos to you, and nothing else. But you currently weigh less than me. Keep up the good work.

Stepped on the scale and it read 202 today. Slowly trending down.

I'm saying this as a kuddos to you, and nothing else. But you currently weigh less than me. Keep up the good work.

I know that the weekly weight will start dropping in smaller increments and that is OK. I dont feel like I am starving, the only thing I really changed was portion size and side items it feels like. Lot's more vegetables and fruit. The pastries and ice creams are missed, but not to the point it really bothers me.

One cool thing I noticed today. I normally wear Haggar expandable waist pants and for some time they were maxed out and the whites of the pockets were showing. I looked today and it wasnt showing anymore.

Felt good.

I know that the weekly weight will start dropping in smaller increments and that is OK. I dont feel like I am starving, the only thing I really changed was portion size and side items it feels like. Lot's more vegetables and fruit. The pastries and ice creams are missed, but not to the point it really bothers me.

One cool thing I noticed today. I normally wear Haggar expandable waist pants and for some time they were maxed out and the whites of the pockets were showing. I looked today and it wasnt showing anymore.

Felt good.
There will be a fun moment when you realize all of your pants are too big.

Although not a foodie paradise, the grilled peppercorn sirloin and shrimp at Red Lobster is only 13 points.

Cheddar Bay biscuits are 4 points each.

Although not a foodie paradise, the grilled peppercorn sirloin and shrimp at Red Lobster is only 13 points.

Cheddar Bay biscuits are 4 points each.

I dont think I can go there and eat only a single biscuit.

I had enough points left for 2.

I also also fear like the line cook being clumsy and dropping like 3 more tbs of butter in there or something.

I also also fear like the line cook being clumsy and dropping like 3 more tbs of butter in there or something.

Hahaha! If my book says its 4 it's 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back