THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

hahaha yes I vaulted Winchell!! Don't give me that "order means nothing" nonsense I'M ON TOP OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!

As you should have!

I have seen Winchell in person within the past week so i can confirm he is still alive. In fact he was wearing a blue THP 1/4 zip

Rocked it like a boss too!

At one point wasnt there 12 or 13 guys that had reached out??
Well there is 12 on that list technically, we also had 12 at the sim round as well but that included me and Rbarthle who cannot attend.

A few guys backed out after initial interest and one or two have disappeared off the radar. Not sure if anyone will pop out of the blue come monday.

I'd be happy with anyone from that list I made, even though only 7 of them will be competing I think they are all part of Team Michigan.

Well there is 12 on that list technically, we also had 12 at the sim round as well but that included me and Rbarthle who cannot attend.

A few guys backed out after initial interest and one or two have disappeared off the radar. Not sure if anyone will pop out of the blue come monday.

I'd be happy with anyone from that list I made, even though only 7 of them will be competing I think they are all part of Team Michigan.

Hey even if we're not chosen we'll be there to help out anyway possible. #TeamMichigan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man is that place still open?

Yes it is. And they just built a mini Roller Coaster there! During the summer that place is busy from sunup to sundown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last Michigan rankings before signups! I have vacation on the brain so I'll be brief. In no particular order so don't get your hopes up or down and remember just for fun!

2012BFT - Will be testing TM M2 for THP, could be a blessing in disguise. MI needs a good tee game for these formats. Moving up.
Tpluff - Always quick to answer questions, bash on Ohio hopefuls and at the ready when needed. With a game that is always ready to go he is holding steady.
Jspangs - Judging by all the working out he's doing he's looking to reclaim his #jspangslong status, but I'm still not sure if can allow a self admitted Buckeye on Team Michigan. It just doesn't feel right.
Michigan Slice - He lives in the North pole, has only the warmth of fire and his PS4 to keep him warm. Hopefully he is still swinging clubs in the garage and not spending all his time playing COD.
Rozo22 - Haven't heard about that golden ticket....or much of anything from him, hasn't reached potbunker status yet, but is getting there. Sliding...
Lions81 - I know I keep going to the Lions reference, but with the screen name how can I not? Calvin has retired and Jim Bob Cooter Lions without Calvin in the mix isn't good for the team. A screen name change may be in order to save a spot.
Wyzyguy - has probably had more swings than everyone else on Team Michigan combined this winter. Inside, outside and now traveling to Arizona, game will probably be in good shape. Moving up.
Stribs - Still leads Michigan hopefuls in driving distance, which isn't too hard btw, but being #stribslong isn't enough in itself and neither is a hdcp based off a par 3 course. Still holding steady.
Solid5112 - Anyone who drinks Hopslam is AOK in my book. Just remember making 25' putts on a sim does not equal real play. Kinda like Gunner's 260yd 4 iron, its just not real.
Musicmaster - Does club regripping in his kitchen! Note to self never eat at his house. However he has admitted he will be there in support of the team no matter what, thats a team player. Moving up.

Rbarthle - Cannot attend, but still is prepping as if he was. However as evidenced by Ohio spring gathering, daughters dance stuff is starting to become an issue. Looks like your stuck playing sim golf, sorry man.
potbunker - blip, blip, blip

Thank God for no particular order! Work has been consuming, and have been in and out of the forum. Hitting the sim once a week at Cattails, so trying to keep up!

One day closer to signups!

The Team Michigan hats look amazing, and I have a few exciting tricks up my sleeve for dialing in the new M2... I will be posting about them as they happen!

Oh, and by the way... I CANT WAIT FOR THIS EVENT!!!!

With only a few days left it sure is quiet in here!

Calm before the storm.

I'm getting nervous, lot of pressure needing to be in the top 70%.

Question: Is it a race when you submit your entry? Like first one to email in/start a thread/tweet gets picked?

Calm before the storm.

I'm getting nervous, lot of pressure needing to be in the top 70%.

Question: Is it a race when you submit your entry? Like first one to email in/start a thread/tweet gets picked?

No sir its not first come first serve. Heres the details

Signing Up
On Monday February 15th, a new thread will appear on the THP Forum for signing up for this event. It will list some pretty straight forward information about the event and tell you the details necessary (all are out). Signing up will involve 3 things, but only 2 are a necessity, the 3rd is a bonus entry.
1. Sending an email in to THP (most likely contests at thehackersparadise.com) (this will have necessary info in it)
2. Starting a new thread on THP about golf, clubs or anything golf related
3. Bonus entry - Sending a tweet on Twitter about this event with a link to this thread and including @THPGolf @TrueTemperGolf and #THPRegionalRivalry

Alls i have done the past week is start tuning my gear and patiently waiting out this snow to get some real turf interaction.

Man the signups are coming left and right it appears.
Gauntlet today.
http://bit.ly/1QtVMI4

This one next week...And more to come

Todays question of the day, and its kinda been touched on off and on over the last few months.

If you make it in (or even if you dont):

Do you have a schedule/routine set to get ready for this event? Does it entail range time, putting green time etc a few times a week? For you is it more time on the course than range? Lessons?

Im ready for this i cant wait.

No sir its not first come first serve. Heres the details

Signing Up
On Monday February 15th, a new thread will appear on the THP Forum for signing up for this event. It will list some pretty straight forward information about the event and tell you the details necessary (all are out). Signing up will involve 3 things, but only 2 are a necessity, the 3rd is a bonus entry.
1. Sending an email in to THP (most likely contests at thehackersparadise.com) (this will have necessary info in it)
2. Starting a new thread on THP about golf, clubs or anything golf related
3. Bonus entry - Sending a tweet on Twitter about this event with a link to this thread and including @THPGolf @TrueTemperGolf and #THPRegionalRivalry

Right, thanks. And then THP essentially takes all the entries and pulls them out of a hat (or something more computer automated but same premise). Not a big deal, just curious as I've never signed up for an event before.

Good Question. Routine has been in place since November and I have been able to follow it pretty well. Workout day 1, next day putt, chip, light wedge, next day full swing. Rinse and repeat.
I have thrown in some big sim days as well. Fatigue will not be an issue.

When the snow is gone I will be on course in some fashion most mornings before work.
The week before the event will be based on feeling good and staying sharp. Love the question of the day BTW..
Todays question of the day, and its kinda been touched on off and on over the last few months.

Do you have a schedule/routine set to get ready for this event? Does it entail range time, putting green time etc a few times a week? For you is it more time on the course than range? Lessons?

I pretty much practice putting every night anyway just because I enjoy it. But I'll just need a few range sessions to start the year, and then I like playing more to stay in tune than range time.

Probably no on the lessons. Last time screwed me up. Once again that falls back probably on not selecting the right instructor.

Practice will include putting, range sessions, and once the white stuff leaves and the gray skies return will be playing golf.

Damn that was a run on sentence.

Monday will be here before you know it!

Of course! I will be over 5 weeks into my competitive league by the time this comes around. Along with my weekly league round, I plan to play at least once every weekend. I will be tuned in for this event, no question. I plan to bring my A game for Team Michigan!!!

once the weather breaks it will be 1 range session 1 short game session chipping and putting and 1/2 rounds per week. until then im stuck in a snow drift...so golf dome once a week and nightly chipping and putting in the basement.

I pretty much practice putting every night anyway just because I enjoy it. But I'll just need a few range sessions to start the year, and then I like playing more to stay in tune than range time.

Make sure you prep yourself for the tricky 90degree turns! I was not prepared.

I don't have a routine to get ready for the event yet. Nothing is stable right now, but I will know what to do when the time comes.

Back