Blades Vs Cavity Back

Okay. The results of the MP -5'S TOURNAMENT are in.

Every Stroke Counts. ..

No Excuses.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

37 stroke difference between the two sets?

Since I was honest enough to post my real score. I hope the THP will not read too much into any analysis I may provide which might enlightened the community as to what happened.

I played lousy. No clubs could have saved me.

I am a Ob Gyn. We have lousy hours. This is a given.

I was on call for 48 hours straight covering for my group for New Years. Someone had to do it. It was my turn to bite the bullet.

So after finishing at 7am. Great babies and Mom's . AMEN.

Took a quick shower and headed to the range by 9am for a ten am tee time.

I was a little off during warm up. But what the hell. I figured I would just enjoy my time on the golf course.

The first hole I shot an 11.

Need less to say. Sleeping might be required prior to playing your best.

The course was setup difficult. The greens were running 12.3.

The wind was blowing over 20 mph and we were playing from the Blues.

I hit ten or so great shots. The kind that will bring you back for another swing.

I got 5 pars.

But my highest score was a 14 on a par four. Plus a 12 on a par 3. Water in front 167 yards no drop zone.

How do you say Tin Cup.

I enjoyed the company. But the round lasted over 6 hours.

If anyone can put an end to 6 hour rounds. The THP'ERS should step up.

We all would score better. As everyone already knows. Long waits on every tee box never let me get into any kind of grove.

But hey. It is what it is. Could I have used a SGI iron sure. But it would have had to include a SGI driver. 3 wood. Hybrid. Etc.

Chucking wedges isn't affected by purchasing Mizuno's.

If there was a bright side. Since the comments on THP I have been working day and night at home and on the practice green with my putter. And honestly I can tell you that I took less putts than full swing for the first time.

This to me is great news. Because if just one or two days of serious attention has gotten my putting in line I know some rest can get my game back to the nineties next outing.

But with the tough tournament conditions even the low handicappers were well above par.

So of course a 20 plus hcpers would balloon up about 120+

But hey. No Excuses. So even though I will continue to practice with Blades and play a casual round or two with the short irons MP5'S. I will be keeping the XR Pro's warm in the bag for the next tourney.

Oh and did I forget to mention that I am in the mist of a swing change. Half way through the front nine I went straight back to the trusted and flawed old swing. Just basically in survival mode.

Blades look much better online than on the golf course. Lol.

Damn You Mizuno. Why you have to hurt so Good.

Every Stroke Counts. ..

No Excuses.

As in 5 under and 6 under? That's golfing your ball dude! Well done

As in 5 under and 6 under? That's golfing your ball dude! Well done
Front nine 67

Back nine. 66

He he. Sorry about the confusion.

I'm a Hacker and I love it.

Happy New Year

Front nine 67

Back nine. 66

He he. Sorry about the confusion.

I'm a Hacker and I love it.

Happy New Year

Oh my bad dude

Oh my bad dude
No worries. If we never fall we never learn to get up and fight some more.

Golf is like Boxing. The golf course won this round but there are a few more round yet to be played.

But now I can see how it might have look like I found the Secret Ben Hogan himself swore to never share.

Greens at 12.5 are brutal. It's where the ball can move with a strong gust after you've addressed it causing a penalty stroke. I blame this stuff in part for slowing down rounds. People have to take longer to line up those putts. If they'd keep them around 9 for us....

Greens at 12.5 are brutal. It's where the ball can move with a strong gust after you've addressed it causing a penalty stroke. I blame this stuff in part for slowing down rounds. People have to take longer to line up those putts. If they'd keep them around 9 for us....
This course is never below 11. But with out wind. Not so bad. Windy foget about it.

I have broken 90 on this course before.

But. New clubs. New swing. New wind.

Forget about it.

Putting actually saved my round this time. He he.

Had some time to reflex on the round. Plus I also played 9 holes after work with the XR Pro's Cavity Backs.

What I noticed today was that my swing was still off, but with the Cavity Backs you can still save your game.

What do I mean. It took a few holes to find my rhythm and start hitting decent shoots again, but I wasn't in deep trouble while I was working it out.

With a Blade, A plus game no problem.

B or C game your goose is cooked. ...

The Pro's won't risk a disastrous round just because your swing has not been it's best.

A good forgiving Cavity Back Player's iron will keep you in the game until your game gets hot again. Should you have a cooling off period.

Every Stroke Counts. ..

No Excuses.

Nah. Give your MP 5's some more time. One tournament can't and won't define your clubs, and your game as well.

The irons are like 1/3 of what's in your bag. Might help to know where you had the most strokes on. You couldn't be shanking your MP 5 7-iron 5 times in one hole. Should be easy to find the culprits.

Hang in there Johan! It's just one round.
No one goes through golf without these moments.

Blades all the way!! Just delivered by FedEx today.

The unboxing :banana:

23835407839_a17e306b0c_c.jpg
23576422813_f95b688444_c.jpg
23575037884_1bd7f4430b_c.jpg

The configuration :blob:
I had been custom fitted last year for my MP-15's at a dedicated club fitter and I basically used the same numbers since I was staying with Mizuno players irons. The only difference between my current MP-15s is the shaft. I decided to go with the standard C-Taper vs. the C-Taper Lite. When I had the lites on the MP-5, it felt too light and didn't feel as nice as the standard C-Taper which added a little more weight. The additional 10g balances well with the club head and provided better feel for my tempo.

23576423453_c4d33858f3_c.jpg

24177149656_a6ed5abbdc_c.jpg

The new Golf Pride - MCC+4 feels terrific and better than last year's New Decade Multi Compound.

23575040234_13b3a3ff1b_c.jpg

These clubs are by far, one of the most beautiful set of irons you can buy. I'm a Mizuno iron player for life and I can't see myself playing anything else. Started with the MP-59, then the MP-15, and now the ultimate MP-5.

24177152146_21ed81eb55_c.jpg
23576427373_09398d371a_c.jpg

Those are beautiful sticks.

Last week I pulled the 8i off the shelf at my home club to demo in an outdoor bay. I looked over the head as I began to take the plastic off, then put the club back on the rack before heading to the bay - too much club for me.

Last week I pulled the 8i off the shelf at my home club to demo in an outdoor bay. I looked over the head as I began to take the plastic off, then put the club back on the rack before heading to the bay - too much club for me.

I'll grab a blade at the shop every so often just for fun. I'll pure a few shots and be like "Dayumm, I can game these no problem!"

And then I thin one and remember immediately why I don't hahaha

Oh come on boys. It's the year to be fearless. It's the year of the Blades. MIZUNO MP 5'S Time.

No Pain No Gain.

No Worries.

Nao Problema.

I'll grab a blade at the shop every so often just for fun. I'll pure a few shots and be like "Dayumm, I can game these no problem!"

And then I thin one and remember immediately why I don't hahaha

Oh come on boys. It's the year to be fearless. It's the year of the Blades. MIZUNO MP 5'S Time.

No Pain No Gain.

No Worries.

Nao Problema.

It sure sounds good when you put it like that haha

I've gamed near-blades before, and my solid ball striking rounds didn't change much in score, but my rough rounds were way rougher. Ultimately I decided I cared more about the score than the sexiness haha. All the power in the world to you though for gaming those MP-5's, they are gorgeous!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

It sure sounds good when you put it like that haha

I've gamed near-blades before, and my solid ball striking rounds didn't change much in score, but my rough rounds were way rougher. Ultimately I decided I cared more about the score than the sexiness haha. All the power in the world to you though for gaming those MP-5's, they are gorgeous!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
I only claim to sleep with an Mp5. I never claimed that I could Game one. Haha.

I'm going to do something this weekend while at live club testing. I'm go into put (3) 6 irons to the test on flight scope. TM MB, Srixon 745 and callaway cf16. I think my swing pretty solid and I'm a pretty good player so I want to see the numbers. I want to know which clubs works best for my game.

I'm going to do something this weekend while at live club testing. I'm go into put (3) 6 irons to the test on flight scope. TM MB, Srixon 745 and callaway cf16. I think my swing pretty solid and I'm a pretty good player so I want to see the numbers. I want to know which clubs works best for my game.

Can't wait to see those numbers! Maybe you can get a mid handicapper to play along too???

I'll be interested to see how the CF16 compare to the 745. I've always felt that the 745s are easier to hit than they look like they should be with the extra "junk in the trunk" from the V-sole. Way less punishing for me on thins than a lot of the other "players cavitiies" (or whatever you want to call them) out there.

No Pain No Gain.

No Worries.

Nao Problema.
I heard Dirt Harry in my head: "A man's got to know his limitations. " :bashful:

I heard Dirt Harry in my head: "A man's got to know his limitations. " :bashful:
I think I may have forgotten my limitations after pondering and looking at the MP -5's. It was truly a Jedi Mind Trick Mizuno played on my. .... lol

Look see their easy to hit. He he. Wrong. Not on my off day.

But true love when you strike it pure.

Back