Martin Kaymer thread

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
[h=1]Martin Kaymer lost his PGA Tour card for 2015-16[/h]
Martin Kaymer won't be a PGA Tour member next season. How does a major champion lose his Tour card? Well, it's a pretty open-and-shut case.
PGA Tour members must play a minimum of 15 events each season to maintain their membership status. Kaymer, who has been trying to balance a schedule straddling the PGA and European Tours, only made 12 starts this season leading into the Wyndham Championship. In his 13th start, Kaymer had to find a way to crack the top 125 in FedEx Cup points to make it into the four-event playoff series and then make it through the first two legs of the playoffs to get to the minimum number of events. Since he finished at 139th in the standings, Kaymer didn't qualify and loses his membership status for next season.
That means a few things for Kaymer. First, any money or FedEx Cup points that he earns next year on the PGA Tour don't count toward the official lists, meaning he can't qualify for the FedEx Cup playoffs for the 2015-16 season either. Second, he'll be limited to no more than 12 PGA Tour starts.
However, and here's the strange part, Kaymer can resume his membership in the 2016-17 season that he has earned as the 2014 U.S. Open champion.

Interesting he's out next year but back the year after.

The people running the PGA Tour just like to make things as complicated as possible so they can say they are needed to run the PGA Tour.

honestly, it doesn't matter. He will be in the WGC events and will be around for the bigger PGA Tour events. Just like he was last time he didn't have his tour card.

Weird. I am not I understand any of that. Since Jordan Spieth had no tour status when he won back in 2013 when he won the John Deere, after that win all of a sudden he was near the top in Fedex points. I also thought that US Open Champions got 5 year exemptions on to the PGA Tour. Odd. I do not understand the status system at all really.

What Dean said. This is a minor loophole in the system, but kind of odd he didn't find 2 more events to play in in order to avoid all the hoopla.

Between the majors, WGC and I would guess a number of sponsor exemptions he may end up playing the same number of tour events next year.

Kaymer charged to 2nd in the UK Championship today, with a 6-under 66.

Truss the process.

1598757553099.png

Takes the solo lead after an amazing wedge shot from the rough.

5 guys one shot back. 5 holes to play.

Rough bogey on 17 has Kaymer one back.

Højgaard in the clubhouse at -14. Walters makes birdie to get to -14.

Kaymer misses birdie on 18 to force a playoff. Bummer.

Walters makes his Par. We have a playoff!

Kaymer with a 1 stroke lead over American John Catlin at the Andalucia Masters. Heading to the 15th tee.

Tied with Catlin now

Wowwww. Kaymer missed a shortie on 17 and then on 18 needed one more roll to win.

American John Catlin wins his first Euro Tour event!

Wowwww. Kaymer missed a shortie on 17 and then on 18 needed one more roll to win.

American John Catlin wins his first Euro Tour event!

yeah, that was unfortunate for kaymer but congrats to catlin...

Back