Whistling Straits/Blackwolf

TM_Bobby723

Reaction score
Handicap
+
So who has played here and possibly stayed here?

A good friend of mine is planning a little bachelor weekend golf getaway for me. There's some nice packages available and we're looking at the stay/play package that includes a round on Whistling Straits and a round on The Meadow Valleys @ Blackwolf Run.

Just looking for some opinions and thoughts on the course, facilities, lodging, how you were treated, etc...

*** Our other option is Sand Valley, but pricing wise, I think the Straits trip would work best for everyone involved.

I went to Blackwolf 25+ years ago and it was fantastic. I'm sure with the advancements in course care its even better now. Have a great time!

Have played Black Wolf Run courses a few times. Really enjoy both the River and Meadow Valley.

Do Kohler. Sand valley is not ready for prime time yet. Focus on the river course if you can. Irish as well. Meadow valley's is ok but not worth full price.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Whistling Straits is amazing and so is Blackwolf Run

If it is just guys stay at the Inn. Service up there is very good, F&B programs are solid and better than you will find elsewhere in the area. You probably want to play the Straights once in your life time but for me its not a course thats high on my list to run back to. Its an engineering marvel, the fact that that piece of property was a flat piece of land at one point is amazing. The par threes are crazy good. There is stupid hole on the course. I found that some of the par 4s are not very memorable.

Irish is a really fun and interesting course. Has a fair bit of quirk, some might call gimmick, but just the kind of stuff you might fine an an actual inland links.
The River is one of my favorite courses all time. Demanding miss fat side, don't get greedy or you will pay the piper.
I have played a few holes of Meadow Valley when I played the Original routing of BWR. My BIL just got back from playing MV and liked it alot.

You really cant go wrong on the combo of courses, If budget allows I would play WS and The River then use the free replay that comes with the package on other courses. If they don't have a package that fits exactly what you want, call and talk to them. They are super helpful and accommodating. They will get you on the courses you want for as little coin as they can. will still be $$$$

Back