Daredevil "sports".

dynarider

insert witty saying here
Reaction score
Handicap
twits
which have you participated in?

I have done a lot of track days aboard my motorcycles, scariest adventure was 170mph coming out of turn 4 at Daytona. That track is extremely bumpy & spooky.

Bungee jumping, been there & done that numerous times. 1st time was about 22 years ago, I was Florida visiting my aunt & we saw a crane behind the typical tourist junk shop in Kissimmee. Did the ole harness around the ankles & dove out head 1st from 150' over a "pond" that was about 4' deep.

Skydiving, made 3 static line jumps about 17-18 years ago. All 3 went well but for some reason during the 3rd jump I thought to myself "what the hell are you doing this for?". That was it & I never went again.

the quickest answer would be what havent i done...
ive never been a team sports kinda guy(except for watching the chargers)...
i was always into things i could do by myself hence the fondness for golf...

lets see...
ive surfed 12-15ft pipeline... 15-20ft sunset... big inside waimea... big blacks... etc...
ive skiied/snowboarded a few black diamonds... powder not ice...
ive gone thru 4 stuntbikes... ninja 600rr... gsxr750... r6... r1... that got a lil too expensive medically and equipment wise...
i used to skate 1/2's when i was a kid...
anything adrenaline pumping i would be into...
from roller coasters to extreme sports... it was my antidrug

1. track days on the bikes
2. bungee jumping in NZ.
3. been skydiving a few times then finally realized that man was meant to stay on earth.
4. how about getting tattoos? would that count for anything?
5. i also used to like to fight at organized events when i was in college.

the quickest answer would be what havent i done...
ive never been a team sports kinda guy(except for watching the chargers)...
i was always into things i could do by myself hence the fondness for golf...

lets see...
ive surfed 12-15ft pipeline... 15-20ft sunset... big inside waimea... big blacks... etc...
ive skiied/snowboarded a few black diamonds... powder not ice...
ive gone thru 4 stuntbikes... ninja 600rr... gsxr750... r6... r1... that got a lil too expensive medically and equipment wise...
i used to skate 1/2's when i was a kid...
anything adrenaline pumping i would be into...
from roller coasters to extreme sports... it was my antidrug

i tried surfing for the first time in australia and i about drowned, that sport didn't last long for me. i'm the big guy on the boogie board you surfers make fun of.

The only thing adventurous I think I have ever done in my life is going sky diving. It was a good friends birthday and she really wanted to go. I was 20 so I thought 'what the hell'. I am deathly afraid of heights so I told the guy when it was time to just push me or I won't go. It was actually a pretty fun experience and once I hit the ground I was ready to go back up again.

I am a pretty low risk person so I am pretty sure that will be the craziest stunt I will ever pull.

Went bungee jumping off the steel pier in Atlantic City on a Sunday and found out the next day they banned ankle strapped bungee jumping in NJ the next day. Tried windsurfing but just got too frustrating.

I'm curious about wake sports since there's a water sports complex right down the road.

i tried surfing for the first time in australia and i about drowned, that sport didn't last long for me. i'm the big guy on the boogie board you surfers make fun of.

lol... my cousins bodyboard... nobody makes fun of them...
then again... they are pretty big samoan looking guys... i dont even make fun of them... hahaha...
plus the things they can do on those sponges is pretty crazy

lol... my cousins bodyboard... nobody makes fun of them...
then again... they are pretty big samoan looking guys... i dont even make fun of them... hahaha...
plus the things they can do on those sponges is pretty crazy

Nothing wrong with boogie boards, I have never tried actual surfing but did give the Flowrider a few shots when I stayed at the Kalahari resort. That thing kicked my butt hard. Board you use is only about 3' long & maybe 9" wide. Longest I managed to stay up on it was about 5 seconds.

Re: Daredevil "sports".

I ski about 15-20 days a season on the steepest, most difficult stuff I can find... But my time racing downhill mountain bikes was WAY more dangerous, but serious fun!
Ironicly, I hate rollercoasters. I need control. They scare the **** out of me. :)

Nothing wrong with boogie boards, I have never tried actual surfing but did give the Flowrider a few shots when I stayed at the Kalahari resort. That thing kicked my butt hard. Board you use is only about 3' long & maybe 9" wide. Longest I managed to stay up on it was about 5 seconds.

oh man i love the flowrider... they had one at belmont park mission beach in san diego... my brothers and i hogged it for a few... we even had an audience...
it all ended when we heard there were actual waves just a few hundred yards away at the real beach

oh man i love the flowrider... they had one at belmont park mission beach in san diego... my brothers and i hogged it for a few... we even had an audience...
it all ended when we heard there were actual waves just a few hundred yards away at the real beach

I wanted to like it but in the end I gave up defeated. The next day at work my ribs were killing me. Maybe it has to do with being 47 & tossed around like a rag doll?????:beat-up:

skydiving was probobaly the most nuts did it on dec 23rd 2009 and at the same time proposed to my now fiance. also have snowmobiled in canada montana colorado wyoming mn. dropped off a 20 ft drop on a sled which dont sound like much but was scary at the time lol. so all in all the scariest thing ive done is probably getting engaged! lol

I used to go to the moto track 2 or 3 times a week before I started taking golf a little more seriously, now I only ride once a month maybe. Have had my share of bumps,bruises and broken bones and nnow im over it.
I used to skate a lot in high school and a few years after. I rode a lot of BMX as well, not racing but just dirt jumping. I snowboarded a lot too, never got too into it but Ive gone big a few times.

ive always wanted to try motocross...
alot of my buddies in hawaii and san diego have atv's and dirtbikes...
the closest i got to doing that was jumping dirt ramps on a bmx...
i guess smashing my crotch one too many times didnt light that i gotta do this more often fire

Only bungee jumping so far....sky diving is on the bucket list. That and extreme cold driver training in Germany (if that counts)

I'm no daredevil. I'll do the wild amusment rollercoasters on occasion, but pretty much prefer to stay on the ground most of the time.

However, I did do the zip cord at Branson with my youngest daughter a couple years ago. This thing was crazy. They strap a pack on you and attach a cord to your back like a bundgy, then ratchet you into the air really high. When the chain lets go you free fall for ever it seems until at the last minute it catapults you over the crowd in an arc, back and forth. It was very cool for me, lol.

Snowboarding
Skiing
Mountain Biking
Mountaineering
Getting in a single engine plane with a friend who just got his pilot's license

I guess it all depends on what you consider 'Daredevil' sports. Here are my closest possibilities:

Alpine Skiing
Mountain Biking
Water Skiing
Barefooting
Knee Boarding
Roller Coasters (the bigger, faster, etc the better)
Duck Hunting (doesn't sound extreme until you have to take cover when the guy that set up across the slough an hour after you were in place sends a rain of #3 pellets your way)
Snowmobiling (MN & WI)
Whitewater canoeing

Bungee Jumping
Rock Climbing
BMX Park
BMX Race track
Mountain bike Freeriding
I was a co-driver (navigator) for a Class 3 team in the Baja 1000
Whitewater kayaking
Whitewater canoeing

And the one that makes me the most nervous:

Commuting to work in Dallas.

I guess it all depends on what you consider 'Daredevil' sports. Here are my closest possibilities:

Alpine Skiing
Mountain Biking
Water Skiing
Barefooting
Knee Boarding
Roller Coasters (the bigger, faster, etc the better)
Duck Hunting (doesn't sound extreme until you have to take cover when the guy that set up across the slough an hour after you were in place sends a rain of #3 pellets your way)
Snowmobiling (MN & WI)
Whitewater canoeing

Hadn't considered skiing or boarding Daredevil but I suppose they could be. Enjoy skiing but hate boarding, thought I would enjoy it but I don't.

Hadn't considered skiing or boarding Daredevil but I suppose they could be. Enjoy skiing but hate boarding, thought I would enjoy it but I don't.

Like I said, depends on the person. Some people I know thing it's crazy as hell, and I've had a couple injuries, but I don't think it's that big a daredevil thing.

White water rafting is my adrenalin fix when i'm somewhere it's on offer - done it in Australia, Austria and New Zealand

Whitewater rafting is a blast. Last time I went though, I got my nose broke, someone got too excited while swinging a paddle, and I caught it on the snoot.

I didn't think to add any rodeo events that I've dabbled in:

bull riding
bareback (bucking bronc) riding <-- my Dad was a pretty good bareback rider back before I was born

Other stuff:

Motocross
Enduro riding <-- my favorite riding, just let loose and blast for miles

Snowmobiling. Ive spent my winters for the last 18 years flying through the woods on tight and twisty trails and across the lakes at 100+ mph.
Motocross. Jumping a 90' triple is hard enough when you are by yourself, now try doing it when 30 other guys on dirtbikes and trying to do the same jump at the same time and would think nothing of running you over just to win some little plastic trophey.
Mountain biking. Rocks, roots, singletrack; all while knowing that if you crash and get hurt you are 100% on your own.
As they say, "if you arent living on the edge you're just taking up space".

Here's what I've done or still do:
Skydiving
Snowboarding
Kiteboarding
Wakeboarding

:D

Back