The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we follow this PGA show coverage?it is all over and almost impossible to keep track of

How do we follow this PGA show coverage?it is all over and almost impossible to keep track of

It's fast and furious. Toms of refreshing. Thankfully for me I have several unimportant meetings.

What imdo is try to jump into the new threads to see what's going on the pop into them later on for updates.

It's fast and furious. Toms of refreshing. Thankfully for me I have several unimportant meetings.

What imdo is try to jump into the new threads to see what's going on the pop into them later on for updates.
Ok,thanks.Just knowing my local golf shops.I'm pretty positive they will only carry a small portion of what is at the show.Never even heard of most of these companies.Are these just internet based?or do they sell these in golf shops-PGA stores?This is why the PGA show needs to travel each month like the auto show.The public needs to see these items first hand and play around with them in person.Having this closed off to the public is really a bad idea.Our local golf shows are very poor.Having a show like this tour the major cities open to the public would only help the game

I just hit refresh and read new posts. But you can also go into the search bar (assuming you are not on tapatalk) and type 2016 pga show and it will bring up all the threads and you can read them that way. They are also all located in the Golf Balls, Clubs and Accessories forum.

Lots of different ways.

Ok,thanks.Just knowing my local golf shops.I'm pretty positive they will only carry a small portion of what is at the show.Never even heard of most of these companies.Are these just internet based?or do they sell these in golf shops-PGA stores?This is why the PGA show needs to travel each month like the auto show.The public needs to see these items first hand and play around with them in person.Having this closed off to the public is really a bad idea.Our local golf shows are very poor.Having a show like this tour the major cities open to the public would only help the game

The PGA Merchandise show is an industry only show because it is there for buyers to meet with sellers. Then those buyers are the ones who are responsible for getting it in front of the public. The show costs millions upon millions of dollars to do, there is no way they could have it travel. You have people from over 20 different countries at the show right now. It would be impossible to have it travel.

And it's the job of media outlets like THP to bring the coverage to the public. It's a taxing week of work, but it's worth it to bring this info to everyone here.

I wonder what qualifications you need in order to turn professional as a traveler?

I'm sure they were called Gypsies in one life or another.

You need better Golf Shops then, dude. The PGA show is a trade show for the gold industry, where retailers see the new line and decide what to bring in.

The PGA Merchandise show is an industry only show because it is there for buyers to meet with sellers. Then those buyers are the ones who are responsible for getting it in front of the public. The show costs millions upon millions of dollars to do, there is no way they could have it travel. You have people from over 20 different countries at the show right now. It would be impossible to have it travel.

And it's the job of media outlets like THP to bring the coverage to the public. It's a taxing week of work, but it's worth it to bring this info to everyone here.

Yes,and your doing a very very good job of it.But in my area most of these brands will never be found.If the public can actually see this and use it the benefits would be incredible.We attend a car accessory trade show each year in Chicago (gps units/stereos/seats..etc).They have it open to the public the last 3 days of the show.These items (like the PGA show) only appear here.Its a great opportunity to interact with the makers-test the products-and order there as well.Im just seeing a huge monetary loss here in the golf world by not opening this up the public.Actually beyond shocked that it isn't.They are only reaching a small segment of the golf community IMHO

Yes,and your doing a very very good job of it.But in my area most of these brands will never be found.If the public can actually see this and use it the benefits would be incredible.We attend a car accessory trade show each year in Chicago (gps units/stereos/seats..etc).They have it open to the public the last 3 days of the show.These items (like the PGA show) only appear here.Its a great opportunity to interact with the makers-test the products-and order there as well.Im just seeing a huge monetary loss here in the golf world by not opening this up the public.Actually beyond shocked that it isn't.They are only reaching a small segment of the golf community IMHO
That's where the Golf Media comes in. If the Golfing public were allowed to go to the show, what would the Media be able to put out there for us to consume?

I mean, I got to 3 massive bike shows every year, ALL closed to the public, and my customers rely on me to give them all the information I can about new lines. It's a daunting task, but I do it. That's how I am successful in retail, I get the information I need to my customer base, and take care of their needs.

I think you are not understanding the idea behind the PGA Merchandise Show and that could be the disconnect. The point of the show, like War Eagle said is to get products to merchandisers. They are there to write massive orders on new equipment. There are also a lot of products at the show, especially apparel that is not ready to be released to the public for an entire season. You can't have the general public seeing items for next fall now, and those companies has strict security posted to not allow cameras in there.

There are a ton of golf shows and demo days held all across the country for companies to get their products into the hands of consumers, but this show is strictly for the merchandisers.

That's where the Golf Media comes in. If the Golfing public were allowed to go to the show, what would the Media be able to put out there for us to consume?

I mean, I got to 3 massive bike shows every year, ALL closed to the public, and my customers rely on me to give them all the information I can about new lines. It's a daunting task, but I do it. That's how I am successful in retail, I get the information I need to my customer base, and take care of their needs.

Exactly! It's the responsibility of your local courses and stores to go to the show, to find the latest gear to have in their stores and pro shops. That's what this show is all about.

And you sound like you are successful and great at what you do.Maybe it is because I'm not an avid golfer,but I see a huge disconnect in this golf industry.Im huge huge huge in working on older cars as a hobby outside of work.And that industry really has their shi*t together.From my prospective this industry I would have to say is in the Stone Age yet.Thank goodness for this forum,or I would've never heard of some of these brands

Exactly! It's the responsibility of your local courses and stores to go to the show, to find the latest gear to have in their stores and pro shops. That's what this show is all about.
Wait ... so golf courses can go to the show? Hmmm, me thinks I need to get a bit more involved at my Country Club. :wink:

And you sound like you are successful and great at what you do.Maybe it is because I'm not an avid golfer,but I see a huge disconnect in this golf industry.Im huge huge huge in working on older cars as a hobby outside of work.And that industry really has their shi*t together.From my prospective this industry I would have to say is in the Stone Age yet.Thank goodness for this forum,or I would've never heard of some of these brands
And yet, outside of this forum, my Twitter feed, Instagram feed, Facebook feeds are all filled with people I FOLLOW to get the information. At one point, you as a consumer should educate yourself a bit more on what is out there. The news isnt going to just come to you, you have to go out there and get it. Follow it. Look for it.

Wait ... so golf courses can go to the show? Hmmm, me thinks I need to get a bit more involved at my Country Club. :wink:

Of course! How do you think the green grass items get purchased? Why do you think CAA_Beat is at the show? He works for a golf course. :smile:

No one would ever be down for that. We're taking a ton of photos, but the immense size of the show would overwhelm a lot of people. The reps would also pull their hair out after about 30 seconds.

Of course! How do you think the green grass items get purchased? Why do you think CAA_Beat is at the show? He works for a golf course. :smile:
I didn't know ... guess I didn't think it out that far. :silly:

And yet, outside of this forum, my Twitter feed, Instagram feed, Facebook feeds are all filled with people I FOLLOW to get the information. At one point, you as a consumer should educate yourself a bit more on what is out there. The news isnt going to just come to you, you have to go out there and get it. Follow it. Look for it.
That is called the Stone Age of marketing and advertising.This industry is light years behind car accessories-hobbyist.Light years behind.Just looking at it from my standpoint.Im really shocked the more i delve into this industry

I didn't know ... guess I didn't think it out that far. :silly:

Yup, and it's not just golf courses from the US, there are many here from different countries. I think the PGA Show letter I got said 28 different countries were represented at the show, but don't quote me on that number.

Having worked the show in the past, didn't this year due to schedule problems, I can confirm that with the right connections anybody can get in the show. The company that I work the booth for gets 10 pass with their rental space but only 2-4 ever worked the booth. The others we gave out to friends with fake titles. My dad had the title of "Adult Beverage Acquisition Manager". There were people there that just told their local pro that they were going to be in the area and they got them a pass as a "buyer".

That is called the Stone Age of marketing and advertising.This industry is light years behind car accessories-hobbyist.Light years behind.Just looking at it from my standpoint.Im really shocked the more i delve into this industry
How many local demo days have you gone to at local courses?

How many demo days have you gone to at local shops?

How many local golf shows have you gone to?

Having worked the show in the past, didn't this year due to schedule problems, I can confirm that with the right connections anybody can get in the show. The company that I work the booth for gets 10 pass with their rental space but only 2-4 ever worked the booth. The others we gave out to friends with fake titles. My dad had the title of "Adult Beverage Acquisition Manager". There were people there that just told their local pro that they were going to be in the area and they got them a pass as a "buyer".

Sadly this is very true. And anybody can buy a domain name and call themselves media. But they cracked down on it a bit this year. They asked for a lot more info and proof in order to get credentials, which is a good thing.

The people you are referring to are often called "Trick-or-treaters", because they walk around with a giant bag and go from booth to booth to get free swag.

Quick Rant

For an IT company, our systems SUCK. Issues nonstop for the last week, and now my team due to 2 systems being down cant collect cash and more importantly cant invoice customers on the last 2 business days of our quarter.

Our parent company in Canada is soooooooo slow in general and get even slower when issues arise.

OH well Im over it and will make sure my team doesnt

Thats the great thing about being a member here. We get access to what a lot of golfers don't. The coverage of the pga show is phenomenal and insightful. There will be tons of content that comes out after this week with interviews, etc. Then all the reviews THP does plus events and the chance to meet the same industry folks at some of the events is amazing.

Sadly this is very true. And anybody can buy a domain name and call themselves media. But they cracked down on it a bit this year. They asked for a lot more info and proof in order to get credentials, which is a good thing.

The people you are referring to are often called "Trick-or-treaters", because they walk around with a giant bag and go from booth to booth to get free swag.

So very true. We always had fun watching those come by that were just wandering looking for free things. We had a bowl of tees out that had thousands in it. They would pick up one tee throw it in their bag and walk off. But, there were some that picked up a tee, looked at it, then put it back in the bowl and walked away. What!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back