75-85 yards out: What do you do?

9:30 swing or so with a 54*. Pretty comfortable shot

I could use a 58 if I was out of the rough needing to stop the ball on a dime on firm greens but not as comfortable shot.

Interesting question....I was just thinking about it myself, and wanted to start a thread to ask it. Yeah, it's a tough distance for me. It's not a full swing with my 56*. But that distance has been getting longer. It used to be 100 yards, now it's up to 110-115. So, I'm hitting my shortest club longer than I used to. I did get a 60* wedge, but I only use it for like 40 yards and in.....but I really just primarily use it for around the greens.

Anyway....it has occurred to me that it's not only the full verses partial swing issue....but also the tempo/rate of swing. When I slow down the tempo of the swing, as well as reduce the backswing, I can shorten that distance down to 65 - 80....but yeah.....it's hard. I often find myself on the back of the green cause I hit a tad too far.

I am trying to keep the same tempo, but just adjust the other factors to enable be to hit it further/higher/lower etc. Changing where I grip the club, where I put the ball in my stance, etc.

Not a favourite distance, but will most likely use my 54 or 50 wedge with 3/4 to 1/2 swings

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Depends on whats ahead in 75-85 yards and how well I'm playing. Normally I would use my 52 but if the fairway ahead is low cut producing good roll I could use a 5,6 or 7 iron for a bump and run shot. Yesterday was more of a bump and run shot day for me because I wasn't producing the accuracy I normally get with my 52. By switching to the bump and run yesterday I finally started putting together some par opportunities, a few which I converted, as well as one or two birdie opportunities which I was unable to take advantage of because my putting has sucked lately

3/4 swing with a 56 but can also pull it off with a 1/2 swing with a 50. It also depends if any trouble is ahead.

This is one of my favorite shots. 52* wedge a little back in the stance with a 3/4 swing.

Pitch shot with my 50* wedge. Lower ball flight and safe shot for me.

Had quite a few of those today on a shorter track.

To a front pin, it's partial swing SW attempting to fly it high to the pin (anything short tends to stick to the fringe like velcro!).

For a back pin, partial swing SW played a bit back in the stance. I'll flight it low attempting to land the ball about middle of the green, hop and stop near the pin.

For same distance middle of the green, it can be either shot with SW depending upon conditions and what I'm feeling at the moment. I will more often tend to choose the lower approach, though.

It depends what shot the situation calls for, but typically I'll just play a soft 3/4 57* center stance ish.

That depends if it's 75 or 85 yards. 75 would be a controlled 54*. 85 would be a choke down 50*. Assuming perfect conditions.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That's usually my 50* with a shoulder to shoulder swing. I may use the 54* if I want to bring it in a little higher.

This for me as well.

I'll usually grab my 56* and give it about a 3/4 swing...if I've been missing shots short that particular day, I'll grab the 52* and give it a 3/4 swing

I'll tell you what I don't do, full swing a LW. Was messing around on Saturday and did this, ball went way short and right. Don't know what it is, just doesn't work for me.

Going 60* every time. Nice smooth swing on it.

Back