What one hole ruined an otherwise good round for you

luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
I played the back nine at a local course yesterday and was putting together a decent game (at least for me) until I came to the par five 15th hole and I had a melt down on that hole and ended up with 9 strokes on the 15th. I was however able to regain composure on the remaining 3 holes. Nevertheless I still ended up with 44 for those nine holes in spite of the one blow-up hole

Off the top of my head I say this one. Was -1 with 3 to play and went tin cup and made a 13 on a par 5.

My best round is a 68, which I've shot 5 times. I was standing on the 18th at Arrowhead CC in Glendale, AZ at -5. It's an easy par-5 and I'm thinking I'll shoot 66 or 67. One drive OB, and the next in the water and I shoot a smooth 70 with my triple-bogey.

Another time at one of the JW Marriott courses at Desert Ridge, I don't even know what I am relative to par; it's really the only time ever I've been in "the zone" to that extent. Anyway, I hit a drive down the middle on 14 and my brother says, "wow, you're 5-under". I proceed to blade my wedge over the green and take a triple. Hacked up the next 4 holes to shoot a 76 or something.

Before I broke 80 I was standing on 17 at a local muni with 70 strokes thru 16. Just need to bogey out for a 79. 17 a 135 yard par 3 with no ob or water. I walk to 18 writing down a 7. Tee shot over the green into a bush, tried to hit out, twice. Took a drop and 2 putted for a 7.

This one long par 3 at the local resort, I used to work there when I was in college. It's 220 from the white, I was a bogey golfer then. If I go for the green, I'd doubles almost all the time triple and quad is not out of the question. Playing with pros a few times one said why not hit a 7i then pitch up you'd make no worse than bogey most of the time.

When I lay up I'd par once every few rounds on that hole.

At my home course an easy hole just 412 but a severe dogleg right makes it that much more difficult. As I hit right to left I fear that hole but working hard on trying to make a cut swing. Somewhat mixed results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hole 2 today. Nice short 3 par, ended up duffing my tee shot and taking a 4 putt. Thought my round was over at that point.

At my home course an easy hole just 412 but a severe dogleg right makes it that much more difficult. As I hit right to left I fear that hole but working hard on trying to make a cut swing. Somewhat mixed results

Which course is your home course these days?

simple par four, left myself a short chip over a greenside bunker to be on the green in 3... thinned it across the green into the other bunker, flopped it back across the green into the bunker I had just thinned it over before. after seven attempts to get out of the wet bunker, my partner gave me a free drop on the fringe where I two putted for a 14... Had to ESC that down to a nine.

it's the same hole everytime. Short par 4, OB right, hazard down majority of the left side. No matter what I hit, I'm uncomfortable.

Oh man this one scarred me. In my high school conference tournament I shot -1 on the front and was cruising on the back until I flared a ball into the water on a par 3. Took a 7 and collapsed to a 43 on the back.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last week I was having a great round (for me) and then on the 8th and 9th (par 3 and par 4) I score and 8 and a 7. It was a real kick in the jimmies.

Today I shot a 42 for 9 holes on #5 i shot a 9 it's a par 5 if I would have parred it would have shot 38 blah

I don't have one hole in specific but just that I cant barely seem to go a single round (even an overall good one) where I don't have at least one ESC hole. Or at very least a triple or quad somewhere. Even my sub 90 rounds will have at least one triple if not worse or perhaps 2 of them if not an ESC. Its any hole anywhere at any time. I will just simply fail at any part from the tee and/or on in till holed or even just pick up and take the 7 ESC for sake of not holding things up (if time is an issue).

today? most of them...

18th hole did me in last night. Didn't start my drive on the right line, it drew and took a hop into the creek that runs alongside the entire hole. My approach shot naturally steered clear of the water. Had to chip over a bunker to a tough pin position and promptly two putted for a double bogey. It was worse hole of the night, left a bad taste on the round and now has me re-thinking my strategy for the hole going forward. Such a tight driving hole, I may go with 3 wood off the tee next time I play (Sunday).

The course I used to play most of my rounds at, the par 5 5th hole always seemed to give me the most trouble

It was a double dog-leg, no bunkers, downhill hole with the fairway sloping from left to right and 99.9% of the time the wind would also be blowing left to right so it was a challenge just to get your tee shot in the fairway. If you missed the fairway right you were more often than not blocked out by trees and sitting in quite thick rough

For some reason I was always happy to walk off there with a par

I don't really ever have "blow-up holes" but I have a combination of bad holes that will ruin a good round for me. It is not out of the ordinary for my scorecard to have 6 pars, a birdie and 2 double bogeys in a 9 hole round. There is always that one or two holes where I will end up with double or triple bogey.

Back