Loose Epoxy In the Shaft

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Had this happen to me yesterday and tried to play through it to avoid pulling the grip but I am a headcase and have absolutely no chance of letting that go on any longer than I already have.

How do you guys deal with bits of epoxy moving around in the shaft? Instant re-grip to get that thing the heck out of there, or do you shrug it off and let it ride?

Had this happen to me yesterday and tried to play through it to avoid pulling the grip but I am a headcase and have absolutely no chance of letting that go on any longer than I already have.

How do you guys deal with bits of epoxy moving around in the shaft? Instant re-grip to get that thing the heck out of there, or do you shrug it off and let it ride?
Instant regrip, trying to save the grip all the while. Cannot stand the rattle and I'm somewhat of a head case.

Regrip! I'm very particular about my clubs and don't think I could stop thinking about the rattle when I was swinging. I regrip my own clubs so would only take a sec. On the course, I probably would have cut a hole in the grip cap and tried to pound the epoxy out =)

Re-grip ASAP haha. Had that happen last summer and drove me insane.

Loose Epoxy In the Shaft

Re-grip for sure. That rattle would drive me nuts.

Regripping for sure.

Pull the grip ASAP and get that stuff out of there!

I dont think I could handle the rattle. Regrip.

You know the answer to this question.

haha, I had a feeling I knew the answer. No need for a poll on this one.

Hit the LTD with some epoxy moving in it today. managed to keep it straight, but man... It was driving me bonkers.

I would pull the grip, getting pretty good at this with my compressor these days.

The rattling drives me nuts. I re-grip immediately, hopefully saving the grip for re-use.

I had this once and just drilled a hole in the top of the grip to get it out.

I put the club grip side down and poke out the epoxy out with a screwdriver. Works well

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Re-grip for sure.

I pulled my knife out of my pocket and cut a hole in the butt of the grip to get it out. Regrip when I get home.

I just let it go, it has always seem to work itself out.

I don't know how to re grip so not sure how I would handle it.

I actually make sure the loose epoxy has shifted toward the head and apply the heat gun quickly to the region before regripping. 9 times out of 10 it allows it to soften enough to then stick and not rattle any more, in my experiences at least.

I use pure grips so not an issue.

i'm lazy, i would regrip as that seems like the quickest fix.

I would do a re-grip as soon as it was possible. If I was waiting on a grip to arrive, then I would play it as it is until the grip got delivered. Wouldn't skip golf because of it.

The rattle would become irritating very quickly, fixing it right away for sure.

"Bet ya I can hit my 'Rattler' past your ball!" I'd go with that for a few holes. :)

But I'm sure I would re-grip it ... depending on how loud it is. May have to re-shaft it as well if there is a lot of epoxy missing. Don't need that head flying off into the water! (BTW ... seen that done ... hilarious! Well for me it was ... not the guy that did it.)

I have never had that issue, but I would think that I would want to have it sorted ASAP because I reckon it would drive me nuts as well

Back