The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah thats definitely one that could go either way, something about having the 14th ranked team #4 overall just doesnt seem right yet

Agreed. I think ND will almost certainly be passed sometime in the next two weeks if one of the Big 12 teams stays undefeated. Neither of ND's next two opponents does anything for ND's resume, while the top Big 12 teams will begin making theirs relatively stronger by playing each other. I don't think it will be this week though. As I posted above, OKST's schedule is still pretty terrible at this point and the next few weeks will tell the story on whether TCU ends up being a really good win or just an ok one.

yeah thats definitely one that could go either way, something about having the 14th ranked team #4 overall just doesnt seem right yet

Ok St sits at 5 in the regular polls now I thought.

1. Clemson
2. Bama
3. Irish
4. Baylor

Baylor and ND could be flipped for sure. Just my guess. OK ST at 5. LSU at 6 or 7.

I'd take Ok St over ND right now. Undefeated and that TCU win is bigger than the Temple or USC win that ND has, especially since ND has a loss. If ND takes care of Stanford, they could get to 4. Still a lot of football left though. It'll work itself out.

1. Clemson
2. Ohio St
3. Baylor
4. Ok St
5. Bama
6. ND
7. OU
8. TCU
9. LSU

That's a shame. I hope it isn't true. He seems like a good kid (that just happens to look like a 40 year old man)

I really like the look of this model's playoff rankings. I love seeing ND up there at #3, and it will piss off all the OSU residents here :)
http://cfbmatrix.wpengine.com/?p=18158

It's pretty simple for tOSU .

Win and you're in. Lose and you're not.

There's no way they get left out undefeated and they don't deserve in if they lose .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Clemson
2. Ohio St
3. Baylor
4. Ok St
5. Bama
6. ND
7. OU
8. TCU
9. LSU

I could be remembering wrong, but wasn't TCU #8 in the playoff rankings last week before they lost? If so, no way they stay there this week.

I could be remembering wrong, but wasn't TCU #8 in the playoff rankings last week before they lost? If so, no way they stay there this week.

I'm not on the committee, so that could be the case.

I'm not on the committee, so that could be the case.

I was thinking you were trying to predict the rankings that come out tonight, but re-reading your post, it looks like maybe you were saying that's how you'd rank the teams. My bad.

I was thinking you were trying to predict the rankings that come out tonight, but re-reading your post, it looks like maybe you were saying that's how you'd rank the teams. My bad.

Those are the official Miller Time College Football Playoff Rankings presented by Chipotle.

1. Clemson
2. Bama
3. Irish
4. Baylor

Baylor and ND could be flipped for sure. Just my guess. OK ST at 5. LSU at 6 or 7.
Osu to 7th or 8th? Or did u forget them

Any thoughts why Watson isn't getting more attention for heisman?

Here's my thoughts on how the rankings will shake out in about 15 minutes.

1. Clemson will be first. I think this is pretty much a lock.

2-3. Alabama and Ohio State will be in these slots in some order. I'm not sure the order is a lock, but the fact those teams will be in those positions is, I think.

4-6. I'd guess that these slots will be ND, Baylor and OKST in some order. I think the order here is a little harder to predict. ND was ahead of Baylor last week and Baylor's 31-24 win over KSU was not any better than ND's 42-30 win over Pitt (and was arguably worse), so I'd be surprised if Baylor jumps ND this week. OKST is coming from way down the rankings (14), but TCU was ranked #8 last week, so they had a very good win. The wild card is how the committee will view that win in comparison to the rest of the schedule. I could see OKST conceivably jumping all the way to 4th. I could also see them jumping Baylor to 5th for now because both teams have horrible schedules, but OKST has a good win now. It's also entirely possible that the committee won't move OKST all the way up into the Top 6 quite yet, but the alternatives are LSU, Iowa, Florida, or Stanford. LSU lost and none of the other three were very impressive, so I'm guessing OKST makes the big leap.

If the committee showed anything last year though, it's that the rankings really are fluid and not just a week-to-week ladder climbing exercise like the the AP and Coaches Polls' have traditionally been. So even if ND stays ahead of the undefeated Big 12 teams this week, my guess would be that one or two of them will jump ND in the next few weeks if they keep winning.

This committee thing is so weird.

Iowa should be ahead of ND IMO but I'm biased as hell

Apparently the committee still doesn't think too much of the Big 12.

Wait, an SEC team jumps up after beating another SEC team? Shocking

Can't figure why they do this early. Nice for discussion, but so many big games to play, I don't get the least bit excited about it. They should just wait until it's all over like basketball. It a usually pretty simple. Win your games and you'll have a good chance to get in.

Wait, an SEC team jumps up after beating another SEC team? Shocking

Yah I never would a guessed .

Fortunately for tOSU or Iowa there is no way they leave an undefeated B1G champion out , if either make it that far.

Yah I never would a guessed .

Fortunately for tOSU or Iowa there is no way they leave an undefeated B1G champion out , if either make it that far.
yeah, what could possibly go wrong lol

The Fournette stuff has been going on for a while. I feel like I read it a few weeks ago. God forbid a kid try to make some money off of his own image while everyone else around him does. Hope nothing comes of it.
If that's what he wanted, he should drop out of school.

If the NFL would let him play at 18, he probably would.
That's not the NCAA's problem. If he wants to make some money, go play in the arena league. Go chase endorsements. Just don't be an NCAA athlete while you do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back