TV Coverage ruining the live experience?

TV Coverage ruining the live experience?

• Live

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • TV

Votes: 35 79.5%

• Total voters
I enjoy attending live events, especially college football & basketball games. However, golf is different. I attended several PGA Championship events. The first was very reasonable with respect to the crowd. We could move around without too much trouble and bleacher seats were plentiful on most holes.

The 2016 Ryder Cup was totally different. The crowds were huge. I went to two practice rounds and Saturday. It was fun to experience the setting but we didn't see a lot of golf. Getting in and out of the course was well organized but it was a hassle.

I prefer watching baseball and hockey live, but football and basketball in TV. I've never tried watching live golf, but I don't think it would be for me. I could see myself getting bored very easily.

I prefer golf on TV because of the better coverage. They can see so much more than the eye can in person. But that being said, I'd love to go to the Waste Management Open someday, just to experience that atmosphere. It's gotta be crazy

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

Seeing Tour golf live is fun, and it is the best way to see the course quirks, but if I want to follow the tournament unfolding then I'd rather watch on TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never had the opportunity to go to a PGA tournament so I had to vote TV.

A few of my fondest memories watching golf live is a good weather day on the peninsula (holes 6, 7, 8) at Pebble Beach and what is now called the Waste Management Open at the TPC in Scottsdale. The crowds there create a buzz that is amazing and the course has tons of great places to watch--even before they created the stadium on 16.

Live sport over tv every time for me. I love attending live sporting events, even if it's a sport I wouldn't normally be that interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This 100%. Every sport to me is better on TV except for hockey. No way I could watch golf live. I hate the heat and the tournaments in TX are wayyyyy too hot to go and see. I barely can stand playing in the heat.

Yes. All of this. The best place at a tournament is the range and Im not going through the cost and trouble to get there for that.

The best way to see (and truly appreciate) a golf course is to experience it in person. However, it is impossible to be in more than one place at a time so being there means you miss most of the action. I enjoy both attending tournaments and watching them on television; but for different reasons.

I still enjoy live the most. For me it's more about the experience and the atmosphere than anything.

To the poll question, no doubt I'd rather watch on TV.

When I go to a golf event, I pretty much follow the same group or two for a few hours and then bounce around to the range, other part of the course, etc. I don't know what is going on around in the tournament besides seeing the leaderboard and of course the group I am following. Now, I'll take going to a live golf tournament on Thursday over watching it on TV. It's less crowded, I'm sure Erin Hills was slammed, I get to see whoever I want at whatever time, and I won't be missing crucial putts or shots that leads to someone winning the golf tournament.

I've gone to the Valspar here locally on Thursday only for the last 4 years and I love it, I have my routine and go with it. This year I went to the Honda Classic on a Saturday and unfortunately didn't see Rickie hit 1 shot, the eventual winner, but I did enjoy my time. Due to time constraints and I went with a friend who wanted to take the reigns on where to go/walk. And by the time we got home, the coverage was over, oh well.

Having just been at the US Open yesterday I'll agree with you on live events. That in particular was a tough venue to walk and find good viewing spots. Add in the heat and crowds and it was hard to see a lot of golf. It was either seeing a guy swing in the distance and then a ball land on the green, or a tee shot with no clue where it went and a ball just appearing in the fairway. Short game work and putting were the most enjoyable.

From a watching golf aspect I'd say TV is far better. As an experience it was really cool to be there and I'm glad I went. You just have to enjoy it from that perspective and not worry about missing the action.

Nope love live events, live you get a much better sense of the difficulty of shots, the height variations on the course and you see even the pros hit some horrible shots that don't often make it on TV!

I have only been a handful of times to a PGA tour event , but it was an amazing experience each time. Seeing how the players prepare for their round, handle the media and work their way around the course with the caddies.

I can't comment on live golf cause my first live event will be later this summer but I would take live hockey or football over the tv any day. Nashville looked like a good time during this year's playoffs but there is no place like Montreal to watch a hockey game.

Baseball is better in person. Mainly because you have to watch. You can't change the channel.

Back